Do you own a 13x9 casserole crock pot?

maslex

DIS Veteran
I have seen these around and have been deciding if I should get one. Is it really different than a regular round/oval crockpot? I assume you just layer your ingredients in it and cook, instead of dumping everything in and stirring it up? And if you do have one, can you use a regular crock pot recipe as far as how long you cook for? I would think since it's shallow, it wouldn't take as long.

What are your thoughts on them?

Probably that size would be good if you have a lot of events for larger groups/parties or if u have large family. Not a fan of crock pots regardless of their size. Had a smaller crock pot many years ago and eventually got rid of it. Everything we made tasted like 'beef stew' and not sure how often you want that.

I have seen these around and have been deciding if I should get one. Is it really different than a regular round/oval crockpot? I assume you just layer your ingredients in it and cook, instead of dumping everything in and stirring it up? And if you do have one, can you use a regular crock pot recipe as far as how long you cook for? I would think since it's shallow, it wouldn't take as long.

What are your thoughts on them?

Pretty much same as your first two replies.
I bought it because I wanted something to keep turkey warm in a little bit of broth for Christmas buffet style dinner. I had tried lots of other things over the years and the turkey would not stay warm enough. It works great for that. At the time, I thought I would use it for lots of other things too, but I haven't. So, I use it once a year, but I am happy that it serves the purpose I intended.

Yep .... have one and use it. Occasionally on work days, I'll throw either a frozen lasagna or other frozen dinner in it before I go to bed. Before walking out the door I set the timer for 4-6 hours of cook time. It cooks more evenly than the traditional crockpot and keeps warm after the timed cooking is done.

I have one. I like it for mac and cheese and I've done pork loin in it as well. For those it worked well, but it definitely has limited usability compared to the traditional pot.

I have one and I use it often for parties to keep things warm (hot hors d'ourves for a party, bacon or scrambled eggs for a family breakfast, etc.).

I rarely cook whole meals in mine (but I don't often cook in my regular crock pot either), but when I do, I usually bake with the stoneware liner in the oven, then transfer to the crock to stay warm (lasagna, etc). I like mine and use it more often than I use my regular crockpot.

Last edited:
I just put one on my wish list for Christmas.....we have family dinner every week. It will be great for that.
Now.....where to put it?! I have so many kitchen gadgets

Yes!!! I bought it for myself for my 40th this year...only thing I wanted. I love it!!!

Just looked at it , l like it, to bad it was only big enough for two people that would be perfect for layering instead of a round one. I have a small round one and a real big one and I like them both. Thanks for sharing...

I have one. I've made a chicken enchilada casserole in it, which I need to do again, as it was yummy.

I originally bought it to make and serve a hot artichoke dip in for a family party.

I bought one last spring for like $20-25 to use for my son's graduation party to keep the cheesy potatoes warm on my buffet table. It worked really well for that. I packed it back up in the box and store it in my storage room. I doubt I'll use it again until DD's graduation party! LOL! I don't entertain much though and use my regular crock pot more for soups and such so I might be a bad person to ask. I could see it being useful for lasagna or something similar if that's something you make in a crockpot or want to!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter