Do you have any crazy siblings or family members ?

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
My Uncle Ben, he died about 10 years ago but he was a character,never really held a job to long, one time he gota job working a a gas station, they loved him(most people do cause he was just fun) anyway he went to the bathroom on hs first day there, and seen he had a booger in his nose,he was so embarrassed he went to his car and never went back . Thats just one story, I could fill 20 pages on this guy

Well let’s see. We could talk about my moms dads family, who were kind of notorious in their little old country town for being quite outlaw-ish. Or we could talk about my dad’s dad who decided at 70 years old to go to college so he could be a frat boy. (That didn’t last long but he never got the party bug out of his crazy system.) Or we could talk about my SIL who had electric shock therapy a few times along with some other various sad stories. Or my grandmother who swears Jimmy swaggert is ushering in the second coming as we speak. Or my MIL who farted at a festival last month in front of my daughters, and apparently it smelled badly because the people standing behind her sprayed something on her. And she thinks it’s so funny that she got my daughters air freshener for Christmas and joyfully retold the story for all to enjoy while the girls just kinda sat there looking down at their air freshener. :crazy2:
Oh my I could go on and on and on....
Normal is my life goal. :thumbsup2

Dh has a cousin whom his parents adopted as a child, so he's now dh's brother who is very much a free spirit moving whenever the wind blows.

We saw him 23 years ago and heard from him about twice a year until recently.

Last year, dh calls me at work and asks if I planned dinner. No, I hadn't. Ok. Just checking xxxxx is here. What?? I guess you better pick something up for dinner.

He stayed with us for 3 days. Then said he was going to see a friend and would be back.

Haven't seen him since. Though he's called DH about 4 times since then. Most recently New Year's Eve when he was 14 hours away and passing through our town that night and wanted to stay at our house, but we were out of town. Talked to me, dh and dd 17 for 15 minutes each that phone call...

He's lived in many states and done a variety of odd, yet interesting jobs. Has never 'settled ' down. But I think now that he's in his mid 50s, he's starting to value family connections more.

Without going in to detail, yes. Often when people say they have the craziest uncle, brother, etc I have placed bets, I've yet to lose. When your brother backs up his crazy believes in Nazi Time Machines, and being the love child of JFK & Marilyn Monroe it's not hard to win. The only saving grace is that he was adopted, so who knows maybe he was the love child of JFK & MM.

Everyone in my family is a little crazy. I have heard on more than one occasion that we put the dys in dysfunctional. When my mom was alive I could have written a book on her crazy.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Of course............
I was just discussing one a couple of minutes ago with my husband too. WACKADOO-sy

Yes, we have a cousin that we no longer talk to. It’s a very long story and it still makes me mad to this day.

When I was little I threw pillows at my Grandmother for coming to our Christmas Party and stirring up all kinds of trouble by the things she said. She would do this every Holiday and I was just sick of it. I was probably ten years old at the time. And I didn't even get in trouble for it... LOL!

I did, my beloved Aunt Lois ( dad's younger sister). She's been gone 18 yrs. She was and will always be the craziest person from my family. I was truly blessed!!

My aunt dressed as a pregnant nun for Halloween to hand out candy back in the early 70's, LONG before Halloween was the thing it is today. She was also a very devout Catholic.

I did, my beloved Aunt Lois ( dad's younger sister). She's been gone 18 yrs. She was and will always be the craziest person from my family. I was truly blessed!!

My aunt dressed as a pregnant nun for Halloween to hand out candy back in the early 70's, LONG before Halloween was the thing it is today. She was also a very devout Catholic.

ngI was also a pregnant nun one year for Halloween.. funny this is I met an entire Rugby team at some party, all dressed as nuns too..that was a fun night.

Without going in to detail, yes. Often when people say they have the craziest uncle, brother, etc I have placed bets, I've yet to lose. When your brother backs up his crazy believes in Nazi Time Machines, and being the love child of JFK & Marilyn Monroe it's not hard to win. The only saving grace is that he was adopted, so who knows maybe he was the love child of JFK & MM.

Maybe he's related to my uncle who thinks JFK was assassinated by aliens :scared1: We should get those two together

Oh sure. From “quirky” to “batcrap” and everything in between.

My DH’s cousin went completely mental on me on FB. We’re talking nasty PMs, copied and pasted fake messages “from me” posted to her page, stalking and harassment. She could not be “talked down” not even by her mother or husband. To this day I have no idea what triggered this but needless to say I took her off my Christmas Card list.

I'm usually thought of as the "crazy" one in the extended family-if we're talking a ditzy sort of crazy, my Great-Aunt Marie, during the day, would spray her hair with Raid to keep bugs away. No, I am not making this up. You could smell her coming for a mile.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter