Do you have any crazy siblings or family members ?

Plenty!

Right now the "craziest" is the wife of one of my cousins. She (and her parents) will believe just about any conspiracy theory that you put in front of her (and her parents). Some days her theory buy-in is so bad that many of my cousins and I have a facebook messenger thread to discuss it.

- We have another cousin who we've also deemed crazy (and discuss int he same messenger thread), but hers is more about being religious crazy and thinking having had 7 kids and wanting free babysitting was a good idea.

I have an uncle that is pretty crazy. He is obsessed with money so much that he had the gas turned off to his house to save money, so he has no heat or hot water. At any family gathering, he sneaks out as much food as he possibly can to take home. At Christmas my aunt caught him dumping an entire plate of homemade (not individually wrapped) candies into the pocket of his coat.

The crazy thing is that he had a good job and even now that he is retired works part time, so it isn't like he has a shortage of money.

Are we talking legitimately, diagnosed crazy? Because my mom is.

But if we are talking about relatives that are just eccentric I've got a couple of them.

Well, a grandpa that was married numerous times. The last 3 he got from ads in the newspaper. He was 82 when he met the last one.

One of his wives was a bit of a hoarder. When she moved in with him she used his camper to store stuff. We literally had to start at the door and remove stuff. It took a whole day before we could even step into the camper. She saved everything including opened food cans. She washed them and stored them in boxes.

An aunt that never threw any food whatsoever away. Her freezer was full of little spoonfuls of peas or potatoes or corn or whatever. Thaw the whole freezer full and it wasn’t enough to feed one person. Mom would just roll her eyes and add to the little hoard of food. She asked her if she was planning on feeding munchkins, Auntie just laughed and said “I guess so!”

A sister in law that refers to her times in a mental hospital as “being in the facility” with an accent close to Madea. But thank God she can smile about it and know she is better.

And my loving brother that can’t seem to accept that he is 66 and I am 55. He seems to think I am still 15. And talks to me like I am. We don’t talk much.

Well, a grandpa that was married numerous times. The last 3 he got from ads in the newspaper. He was 82 when he met the last one.

One of his wives was a bit of a hoarder. When she moved in with him she used his camper to store stuff. We literally had to start at the door and remove stuff. It took a whole day before we could even step into the camper. She saved everything including opened food cans. She washed them and stored them in boxes.

An aunt that never threw any food whatsoever away. Her freezer was full of little spoonfuls of peas or potatoes or corn or whatever. Thaw the whole freezer full and it wasn’t enough to feed one person. Mom would just roll her eyes and add to the little hoard of food. She asked her if she was planning on feeding munchkins, Auntie just laughed and said “I guess so!”

A sister in law that refers to her times in a mental hospital as “being in the facility” with an accent close to Madea. But thank God she can smile about it and know she is better.

And my loving brother that can’t seem to accept that he is 66 and I am 55. He seems to think I am still 15. And talks to me like I am. We don’t talk much.
Both of my grandmothers saved little bits of food like that and never threw anything away. They were Depression Era Kids.

an late uncle but i think w/him it was more of a 'crazy like a fox thing'. he was in the hospital at one point and kept cursing and threatening the staff until it escalated to the point that he was warned that his threats could be reported to the police and prosecuted so he changed overnight to a 'godly man' who whenever he got mad at one of the staff members would start praying LOUDLY to god to intercede on his behalf and ________________ (whatever he wanted to personally threaten the staff member with).

Oh "what fun", extended family!:laughing::laughing:Gets even more fun when you are doing wedding planning, lol!:banana:::yes::

Both of my grandmothers saved little bits of food like that and never threw anything away. They were Depression Era Kids.

The odd thing was, there were 5 sisters and 3 brothers, all grew up just as poor. Most went through more hard times when they were adults too. This Aunt was the only one who did this. The other sisters would be just itching to get in her freezer and throw it away. When she died the freezer still had all those little bits and pieces of food. Literally spoonfuls. She never used one spoonful of it.

Two of her kids, we saw at a family birthday thing yesterday and of course we were all reminiscing about our Moms together (only one Aunt is still living). One of her dil’s said her husband will not eat nor does he want her to keep leftovers. At all. And certainly not in the freezer. When she wants to keep something for her lunch the next day, she goes ahead and packs some in a container for her lunch or if she just covers the whole thing and puts it away, he will go behind her and throw it away. He seems like he is so worried about doing what his mom did he goes too far the other way.

The odd thing was, there were 5 sisters and 3 brothers, all grew up just as poor. Most went through more hard times when they were adults too. This Aunt was the only one who did this. The other sisters would be just itching to get in her freezer and throw it away. When she died the freezer still had all those little bits and pieces of food. Literally spoonfuls. She never used one spoonful of it.

Two of her kids, we saw at a family birthday thing yesterday and of course we were all reminiscing about our Moms together (only one Aunt is still living). One of her dil’s said her husband will not eat nor does he want her to keep leftovers. At all. And certainly not in the freezer. When she wants to keep something for her lunch the next day, she goes ahead and packs some in a container for her lunch or if she just covers the whole thing and puts it away, he will go behind her and throw it away. He seems like he is so worried about doing what his mom did he goes too far the other way.
Food has a tremendous emotional hold over people and effects them in different ways. Lots of quirky behaviour is related to food but if you drill down far enough there's usually an explanation rooted in past experiences. :scratchin

Food has a tremendous emotional hold over people and effects them in different ways. Lots of quirky behaviour is related to food but if you drill down far enough there's usually an explanation rooted in past experiences. :scratchin

Definitely. I guess with mom she was so determined not to have to cook the ultra cheap food that grandma cooked she almost let me miss out on some wonderfully southern foods!!

She was so shocked when I went to a friend”s house and had tomato gravy and loved it. She just laughed and laughed because I thought it was “new”. And then when I had white Lima’s and rice she gave up and started cooking all those great, cheap, meatless meals grandma used to make.

Most of DHs family is whack-a-do! And they constantly keep each other in crazy town. We live many, many, many miles away from them, and I like it that way!

Oh, yes.
My oldest sister who passed away a few years ago was the ditzy kind of crazy.
One of my brothers who is also gone was a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic who once heard 'voices' telling him to set the house on fire....after that he was on some strong meds & had a few shock treatments.
My youngest sister is a pathological liar & my second oldest sister is paranoid & into every internet conspiracy theory out there. Right now she is fixated on the 'Royal' family & the feud between Kate & Meagan. Oh, and is convinced that food manufacturers are grinding up fetus' and male testicles and putting them into our food.
I had one normal brother other than him being an alcholic & one normal sister who seems to be sane, lol.

Sister in law. She’s not speaking to me going on year 4 and I’m not sure why. She’s also not speaking to her twin and her brother. She’s got another sister in hat she speaks to, but that only started back up a couple of years ago. Prior to that, they were estranged for 20 years. She was also estranged from her late mother for the last 25 years of the mother’s life. She actually found out her mother had passed when she bumped into a friend at the local grocery store who expressed her condolences.

But according to her, I’m the problem.

Everyone has crazy family members... some are medically coo-coo for cocoa puffs... then you have the eccentric, quirky, ditsy, way out there and over the edge kinda family members, others that are just wild and free spirits and see the world very differently than most people...and some family member that have alcohol and drugs induce lunacy... religious fanatics to the point of being rabid... and finally some you just stay away from...

Well I have all of them in my family...Maybe that's why DH and I live by " Drama free is the life for me", just dealing with mine and DH is family is enough drama for anyone's soul...

I could fill a book with escapades of some of my family members...

Do I have any family members that are not crazy would be an easier question...I count myself in the crazy bunch lol

My family doesn't have any. Our sons, my siblings, their spouses, nieces, nephews, cousins, aunts and uncles are all utterly normal. Grandparents were too while they were alive and I never saw any odd behavior by anyone at any family event. DH's family on the other hand has lots of drama and a couple of bi-polar cousins as well as one cousin who has been through so many women (some he married) and we're not even sure how many kids he has had (at least 5). We've met a few through facebook. He tells the women he has tons of money (he's a retired cop and is hardly wealthy) and they believe him, but none of those relationships ever last very long. He also likes to think he's some young stud when he's really about 65 now. He's a little bit crazy. DH's mom is a little paranoid and has lived her life always on the edge of drama, but I honestly think she's got some of the bi-polar her nieces do. I just can't imagine having some of the family crazies that some people do.

My one great-uncle thought there were little green men (and women) living in his basement. And our fireplace. No, not a joke. Kind of sad. We had his sizeable collection of guns signed over to us after he called the police on the little people and threatened to shoot them.

I'm told he was never the same after Guadacanal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts