Do you have a date with Destiny planned (Triton #3 name revealed)

Do Disney ships have a theme that is carried throughout the ship, its decor and activities? Aren’t they all just tied into the art and animation of Disney? Or venues for adults with hodgepodge themes (Keys, Cadillac Lounge, Palo, O’Gill’s).

I am ready for some perspective here; what am I not seeing?

Treasure and the Aqaba atrium - I guess Aladdin as the Diamond in the rough and the loot in the cave could be a treasure. The theme of that ship is Adventure.

I am not finding clearly stated “themes” for most of the ships.

Magic - Story
Wonder -
Dream - transporting families to exotic ports of call
Fantasy - adventure and wonder
Wish - Enchantment. Actually found one spelled out.

Is the theme idea just corporate gobbledygook?

Can’t they just say this is the newest ship to meet the needs of taking people to Sea?

I don’t pick the ship for the theme as much as the itinerary, dates, and price.

although… if they emphasize Villains, I might not be interested. I watch Cruella - and she seems to be a product of Destiny - but wouldn’t want to glamorize villainy to children.

I am determined to sail on all of the ships, so yes 😂 but who knows when - we’ll be doing the Fantasy next year and at least at this point don’t have another cruise planned yet after that (we’re doing a longer WDW trip in 2026, so maybe a short cruise? The Wish if she’s still doing the 3- and 4-nighters?).

I will wait to see more of what it has to offer but assuming its the same as the Wish, sadly I'm in no hurry to book it.
Same. I wanted to take my son on Cruise next Summer so I booked the cheapest Treasure cruise in August right before school starts. Nothing in Europe was something we haven't done before.

We were not a fan of the Wish at all. We just did a Spring break cruise out of San Diego on the Wonder and my son had a blast in the 18-20 group and we are back on the Wonder in May for Alaska. If my Son has fun that's all that matters.

I always have fun because I'm not at work. Maybe the Treasure will be better....one can hope.

Do Disney ships have a theme that is carried throughout the ship, its decor and activities? Aren’t they all just tied into the art and animation of Disney? Or venues for adults with hodgepodge themes (Keys, Cadillac Lounge, Palo, O’Gill’s).

Treasure and the Aqaba atrium - I guess Aladdin as the Diamond in the rough and the loot in the cave could be a treasure. The theme of that ship is Adventure.

Magic - Story
Wonder -

Can’t they just say this is the newest ship to meet the needs of taking people to Sea?

They started it with the Triton class. I think it’s because the market expects that. That’s what all WDW hotel rooms now get a character overlay. In many ways I think it really is more an elaborate decoration not a theme. A theme transports you somewhere else - like to a late 19th century small town in the US.

Love it, first thing me and my Disney buddy said when we saw the video was: Now we have a plan for our holiday in 2025.

It does help she is a big Hercules fan and I love villains. This video made us excited for sure!

Of course a lot has to be announced, hoping for 5-8 day itineraries to interesting locations.

We will, but not sure of when. We have some big non cruise trips planned over the next few years, so it will depend on what her itineraries are and if we can squeeze it in. But most defiantly we will be on that ship at one point. The Adventure is the harder one to figure out.

Magic - Story
Wonder -

My feeling is all marketing. I have not really liked the overuse of IP on the new ships. I personally prefer a little more low key with the older ships. I feel they have gone a little crazy with it.

Last edited:
I don't understand the huge appeal of the villains. They scare my kids.

It's because your average person in their late 30s/early 40s had exposure to good villians growing up, either with the classics (Maleficent, Cruella DeVil) or modern to them (Ursula, Scar, Gaston, Jafar). The villians in the late 80s/early to mid 90s had some AWESOME songs.

Same. I wanted to take my son on Cruise next Summer so I booked the cheapest Treasure cruise in August right before school starts. Nothing in Europe was something we haven't done before.

We were not a fan of the Wish at all. We just did a Spring break cruise out of San Diego on the Wonder and my son had a blast in the 18-20 group and we are back on the Wonder in May for Alaska. If my Son has fun that's all that matters.

I always have fun because I'm not at work. Maybe the Treasure will be better....one can hope.
If you did not like the Wish, you will probably not like the Treasure or the Destiny. Just new theming.

My family and I are very excited to see the Destiny ship (like we have been for all the ships + my son loves the theme of Villains) but it will depend on where its sailing from and its itinerary for when we can sail.

Yup! Just as soon as they announce it, I'm there. I have 3 Royal and 1 Princess scheduled this year. Just sailed Magic in February and don't have another DCL cruise booked until January on the Treasure. I sail other lines for the itineraries, but I always come back to Disney. Their ships are beautiful, unique, and the service is 2nd to none. If you sail on one Royal ship, they all start to look the same. Princess as well (although the new Sun Princess has piqued my interest and I'm booked on her. Disney gives each ship its own uniqueness and personality, so I enjoy them all. And when they announce the itinerary for the Adventure, I'll be there too!

maybe, eventually... On the Dream in Europe this summer. Quick Wish Concierge trip beginning of November since I'll be down that way on a birding trip (husband suggested, that's why I love him !) and Fantasy next September for British Isles. Probably Treasure first, at some point? We shall see...

Maybe in a few years? We haven't even done the Wish and unless she gets better itineraries we never will. Probably won't try the Treasure until later next year (I have an Aug 2025 on hold at the moment but that might get pushed to 2026). Though I may change my mind after some artist renderings come out, the Heroes and Villains theme doesn't really appeal to us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter