Do you have a date with Destiny planned (Triton #3 name revealed)

One of the doors has something on it that looks like colors of haunted mansion and looks ghoulish. Another YouTuber commented on it, as well. My daughter tried to search the image, but no exact match.
Final shot of the hallway.

IMG_9539.jpeg
Left side

IMG_9539.jpeg
Right side

My feeling is all marketing. I have not really liked the overuse of IP on the new ships. I personally prefer a little more low key with the older ships. I feel they have gone a little crazy with it.

This! ^^^ I wish DCL would go back to just having ship themed ships, with some Disney touches, and of course Disney service. That is the DCL we fell in love with, and what has kept us coming back. Being Pearl you would think I would be itching to get on the Treasure and Destiny, but after sailing the Wish, I have very little interest in those.

This! ^^^ I wish DCL would go back to just having ship themed ships, with some Disney touches, and of course Disney service. That is the DCL we fell in love with, and what has kept us coming back. Being Pearl you would think I would be itching to get on the Treasure and Destiny, but after sailing the Wish, I have very little interest in those.
We are the dinosaur Disney fans. I feel like more and more vacations need to be about producing the right pictures, so you need the fancy backdrops for those to prove you were there. Not the old time cruise pictures with an artificial backdrop...

If you did not like the Wish, you will probably not like the Treasure or the Destiny. Just new theming.
You are probably right. There are not a lot of options for a Disney cruise next Summer. I also prefer the older ships. The 10 night on the Magic would be ideal if it wasn't so expensive. I'm not seeing anything in Europe that makes me want to fly there. We're going to Japan next Winter so that's the international trip. I have a lot of time to change my mind not about Japan, but about the cruise. I'll see what other people think of it.

You are probably right. There are not a lot of options for a Disney cruise next Summer. I also prefer the older ships. The 10 night on the Magic would be ideal if it wasn't so expensive. I'm not seeing anything in Europe that makes me want to fly there. We're going to Japan next Winter so that's the international trip. I have a lot of time to change my mind not about Japan, but about the cruise. I'll see what other people think of it.
I hate to be right on that. We were so looking forward to the new ships. I had some concerns about the different design when things were being released. I still held out hope and we were booked b2b a few weeks after the inaugural of the Wish. Those ended up getting cancelled by DCL due to the ship being delayed. After I watched tons of videos from onboard, we decided not to rebook the Wish. I still think it is a beautiful ship and probably will “try” it someday, but it is missing some of the main things that I love about the other Disney ships. I want to feel connected to the ocean and love walking down the corridor on deck 3 with all of the portholes. The corridor is shifted to the inside of the ship on Triton class with venues along the outside. We love being able to walk around the outside of the ship on one level. We do not have any disabilities that prevent us from doing the stairs, but enjoy the relaxed pace of it being one level. We are not big drinkers, but enjoy time in the Cove Cafe. The Triton class has a smaller footprint of the Cove Cafe. We often have a hard time finding seats in the larger ones. The rooms are beautiful, but I do not understand taking away the cupboards with doors over the desk area and replacing them with open shelves. We have been cruising as a family of four, and we need every space possible. I could see it being perfectly fine for a couple. We were planning on one of the Europe sailings in early September, 2025 because they are such a good deal. We had planned for 7 nights on the Fantasy in the Spring as a back up. Then Disney switched those to the Treasure, so that was out. Decided to do Alaska again with the 8 night in September 2025. Hoping for Europe in 2026. Good luck with your decision and enjoy whatever you decide.

We probably will eventually, depending on where it goes or if they put something I really want to see on it. If it is another ship sailing from Florida doing the same ol thing (which certainly feels likely at this point) then I don't mind waiting until it makes sense, even if that is a few years.

We've had some very expensive trips since things opened back up and more on the horizon already through next year. We could maybe do it in '26 but more likely will be trying to save up for a big trip for our 45th in '27. Eyeing Antarctica and I doubt they are gonna put a strong enough hull on her... :rolleyes1

We went around Hokkaido to see the snow festivals last month and it was every bit as much fun as we hoped! We ended up booking a return week this July to see it in the summer and hit a couple more cities we missed. If Adventure has interesting itineraries in the area I'm sure we'll sail her before Destiny.

I hate to be right on that. We were so looking forward to the new ships. I had some concerns about the different design when things were being released. I still held out hope and we were booked b2b a few weeks after the inaugural of the Wish. Those ended up getting cancelled by DCL due to the ship being delayed. After I watched tons of videos from onboard, we decided not to rebook the Wish. I still think it is a beautiful ship and probably will “try” it someday, but it is missing some of the main things that I love about the other Disney ships. I want to feel connected to the ocean and love walking down the corridor on deck 3 with all of the portholes. The corridor is shifted to the inside of the ship on Triton class with venues along the outside. We love being able to walk around the outside of the ship on one level. We do not have any disabilities that prevent us from doing the stairs, but enjoy the relaxed pace of it being one level. We are not big drinkers, but enjoy time in the Cove Cafe. The Triton class has a smaller footprint of the Cove Cafe. We often have a hard time finding seats in the larger ones. The rooms are beautiful, but I do not understand taking away the cupboards with doors over the desk area and replacing them with open shelves. We have been cruising as a family of four, and we need every space possible. I could see it being perfectly fine for a couple. We were planning on one of the Europe sailings in early September, 2025 because they are such a good deal. We had planned for 7 nights on the Fantasy in the Spring as a back up. Then Disney switched those to the Treasure, so that was out. Decided to do Alaska again with the 8 night in September 2025. Hoping for Europe in 2026. Good luck with your decision and enjoy whatever you decide.
I think I've pretty much decided I'm switching to the Magic. I'll just get an inside room. It's also a better value. The sideways facing rooms are roomy and fine. We were in one last weekend and were sailing to Alaska in one.
I'm also looking at Norway. It ends the day school starts, but he mostly does online anyway.

I've ruled out the Treasure. I would like to sail on it one day when prices come down. I can't justify the price and crappy itinerary.

You make a lot of good points in your post that slapped me back into reality.

We went around Hokkaido to see the snow festivals last month and it was every bit as much fun as we hoped! We ended up booking a return week this July to see it in the summer and hit a couple more cities we missed. If Adventure has interesting itineraries in the area I'm sure we'll sail her before Destiny.
Nice. I'd like to go in December, but not finding flights with miles that work. We're booked on flights in February.
Anyone looking to book Japan with miles jump on it when they first release the flights. I've heard last minute is good too, but I can't do that.

I think I've pretty much decided I'm switching to the Magic. I'll just get an inside room. It's also a better value. The sideways facing rooms are roomy and fine. We were in one last weekend and were sailing to Alaska in one.
I'm also looking at Norway. It ends the day school starts, but he mostly does online anyway.

I've ruled out the Treasure. I would like to sail on it one day when prices come down. I can't justify the price and crappy itinerary.

You make a lot of good points in your post that slapped me back into reality.
Like I said, I hate that it is the reality for us. We love the Magic. She was our first ship. We jumped at the chance to do Panama Canal on her last October. We missed her in the Mediterranean last summer, but really enjoyed the Dream. We had been on the Fantasy, but not the Dream because of the shorter cruises. We have more flexibility with our cruising because of our school situation as well. Helps us search out the deals.

Nice. I'd like to go in December, but not finding flights with miles that work. We're booked on flights in February.
Anyone looking to book Japan with miles jump on it when they first release the flights. I've heard last minute is good too, but I can't do that.
Oh this was February - the Sapporo Snow Festival is in early Feb and was the main draw for our trip through we then drove around seeing other ones all over Hokkaido. Hope you have the best time! <3

I’m actually looking forward to this . The wish isn’t my favorite and I’m not at all sold on the treasure but I am a huge Hercules fan so I will absolutely sail on Destiny

Just my thought, but I have this feeling that they might finally move the wish to different sailings and put the destiny on the 3/4 rotation from PC when it starts to sail…

If I understand correctly, the Triton class needs to fuel out of PC for right now?

Like I said, I hate that it is the reality for us. We love the Magic. She was our first ship. We jumped at the chance to do Panama Canal on her last October. We missed her in the Mediterranean last summer, but really enjoyed the Dream. We had been on the Fantasy, but not the Dream because of the shorter cruises. We have more flexibility with our cruising because of our school situation as well. Helps us search out the deals.
We have less flexibility. Our kids were homeschooled so it was easy. Now there in college. One is 21 and doing his own thing. The other is 19 and still loves cruising, but he's in college too. He's going to do online classes to go to Japan, but cruising during offseason would be boring because there would be no kids his age.

One advantage over a college age kid in school is they have long breaks. My son gets out May 8 and doesn't go back until August 20. Last year it allowed us do the Med in May on Odyssey and the August northern European on DCL which was discounted and the first Alaska this year on DCL. They also have a long winter break that's 5 weeks. I get heart palpitations looking at the June\ July Summer prices.
Now I get why people only cruise every couple of years.

Oh this was February - the Sapporo Snow Festival is in early Feb and was the main draw for our trip through we then drove around seeing other ones all over Hokkaido. Hope you have the best time! <3
I'm super excited about this. I planned three trips in 2021-2022 and they just didn't open up. When they finally opened up I had other things planned.

Same. I wanted to take my son on Cruise next Summer so I booked the cheapest Treasure cruise in August right before school starts. Nothing in Europe was something we haven't done before.

We were not a fan of the Wish at all. We just did a Spring break cruise out of San Diego on the Wonder and my son had a blast in the 18-20 group and we are back on the Wonder in May for Alaska. If my Son has fun that's all that matters.

I always have fun because I'm not at work. Maybe the Treasure will be better....one can hope.
Nice to hear DCL, in this case specifically Wonder, being fun for the 18-20 bunch.

When looking for info on the themes, it reminded me that the themes were just the decor. One was Art Nouveau and the other Art Deco. I think this applied to the Fantasy and Dream, too.

Just my thought, but I have this feeling that they might finally move the wish to different sailings and put the destiny on the 3/4 rotation from PC when it starts to sail…

If I understand correctly, the Triton class needs to fuel out of PC for right now?
No. At least Port Everglades has LNG, too.

Nice to hear DCL, in this case specifically Wonder, being fun for the 18-20 bunch.
I've always understood that the 1820 group is highly dependent on the people there and participating since they pretty much decide what and where and when they meet. It's not so much the ship.

IWO the Wonder could have a very small group that isn't as active on one cruise and the Dream could have a larger much more active group. It's much more dependent on who is on board in that age group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter