• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do you do laundry on vacation?

I always do at least one load- prevents me from feeling like I have to over pack "just in case" and I don't have as much laundry to do when I get home. Not including the time its in the machines, it really only takes about 15 minutes total. No biggie for me. :thumbsup2

Pack your own laundry detergent, etc.

If our trip is 7 days or less I try not to do laundry but any trip 8 days or more it is necessary to spend a little time in the afternoon or evening while the kids are at the pool with DH doing laundry.

Always. We have a couple of vacation homes and I got into the habit of doing laundry there, so I do it when we go on a vacation elsewhere as well. If it's not too expensive I'll do laundry once in the middle of our trip and also on the last day, so we all go home with clean clothing. We also don't own a ton of clothes so I wouldn't be able to pack 10 outfits during a summertime trip (I think maybe I own 7 or 8 summer outfits?)

We stay in DVC by renting, so it makes it much easier with laundry in the room. It is so nice to come home with mostly clean clothes rather than dirty laundry for 6 people. It also allows us to pack lighter. We also wash our DVC towels.

We've always stayed in 1 bedroom villas, so yes. I like coming home with all clean laundry and it's so convenient when you have the W&D in your room. Pop a load in in the morning, switch it around when you come back for a break, and fold it when you get back to your room.

We leave on the 22nd of August (8 more days :cheer2: ) and drive to Jacksonville for a night and then head to WDW for 10 nights. Then return home on 9/3. Im thinking of just doing laundry on night 5 or 6. Anyone else do laundry? Or do you just pack your life away? Any laundry tips so it doesn't feel like ur spending vacation with chores?
We did 10 days in January and with 2 toddlers plus wet running clothes, would up doing laundry twice. Less crowded facilities at oh, 6 am if you're used to being up at that time like me ;)
I'd rather do laundry at WDW then at home, anyday.

we have laundry at our condo so it's easy. We usually do 3 loads and put the entire family's stuff together. One load of lights and 1 load of darks and 1 set of towels (our condo doesn't offer new towels every day)

Definitely. Pre-kids, we could spend a week there and not have to worry about laundry. But with kids, we needed to do laundry even when it was just a week. But our trips quickly turned into 10 nights and we don't have enough clothes for 10 nights. Our next trip is even longer and in summer. So yep, definitely doing laundry!

Our first hotel is for 6 nights and I don't know if we'll make it through that time without laundry. We may not have enough clothes. Since there's 5 of all, ALL of us have to have enough clothes. Our second hotel has a washing machine/dryer in the room - so we'll do laundry often there.

we ...... dw and I (ok, me!!!) always did laundry half way through our vacation. dd would go to bed and dw would stay in the room with her feet up while I would run the laundry down. (usually after 11pm) after the washer I would toss it in the dryer and after that fold it and carry it all back.
until one night at cbr!!!!!
I was the only male in the laundry room!!!! there were two ladies (mid 30s) and im getting my chops busted!!!! "oh look lisa, he even fabric softens" "even uses fabric sheets, we are gonna have to take him home" hehe,giggle,giggle!:lmao:
trust me, I didn't turn my back on those two!!! :lmao:
the next day I spent $30k on dvc and for the last 15 years get at least a one bedroom and do the laundry in room! :lmao:
those laundry rooms can be brutal!!!! :lmao:

I try not to, but it depends on how many kids (I use that term loosely since the oldest "kids" are in their 20's) go with us on the trip. We drive so we have some flexibility in packing but if there are 7 of us in the van, our cargo space is limited. On our trips with the full family, I usually have to do a few loads of laundry by about day 5 or 6. I make sure everyone has enough socks and underwear for the entire stay so that if I have to do laundry, it's usually just two loads.

If we only have the 3 younger kids with us, I usually don't have to do laundry as we have enough space in the van to pack enough stuff for the entire 10 days.

I do bring my own laundry detergent (either sample packs or travel size), softener dryer sheets, and Shout color catchers, as well as a mini M&M's container full of quarters (also have a container of those to use in vending machines at the hotels). We take a few pop-up hampers with us so I just use those to tote the stuff to the laundry room and back. I usually do the laundry in the afternoon or evening when the kids are swimming.

We leave on the 22nd of August (8 more days :cheer2: ) and drive to Jacksonville for a night and then head to WDW for 10 nights. Then return home on 9/3. Im thinking of just doing laundry on night 5 or 6. Anyone else do laundry? Or do you just pack your life away? Any laundry tips so it doesn't feel like ur spending vacation with chores?

We never do laundry on our trips - takes up too much time - and time is money at Disney for us. We always drive so doesn't matter how much clothing we bring though.

We occasionally do a load of laundry. It takes some time, but if we are at the pool anyway, it's really no big deal at all. They wash and dry themselves! It stinks taking that 15 minutes away from swimming to sort/fold, but it stinks less than having loads of laundry when you get home!

If we drive, then yes we do laundry. The extra 2 days on each end of the 7 day stay at WDW means we'd each have to pack 11 days of clothes. Last time we picked a day midway through our stay, and did laundry at night after the kids went to bed. The laundry room was just downstairs from our room, and DH and I took turns checking on the kids every so often. In 2 hours, we had clean clothes for the rest of the trip, and we were able to sit and discuss our plans for the next park day too. I will say the dryers took FOREVER to dry our stuff though - at least 2 cycles, no heavy/thick clothing, and we didn't overload them. Otherwise we could have been done in just over an hour.

Yes we normally do laundry in the middle of our vacation it always works well for us we normally just do it on a lazy day when we are not going to the parks

If we had planned a resort day I probably would have. As it was, I did not, we were there 8 days, 6 park days (no parks on travel days). If we had stayed even one more day I probably would have had to, we used our jeans and sweatshirts more than we anticipated.

We do a load or two almost every day on vacation. We're DVC and the laundry is in our room, so it's easy to start a load in the morning and another at night.

DVC'ers don't get housekeeping every day, and I'm weird about using the same towel twice after baths, so there's always a load of towels at night and every-other-day, there's a load of clothing in the morning.

In the past no, but yes for this coming trip. I hate coming home with suitcases of dirty laundry and it actually makes me anxious to have that many dirty clothes. I also like doing laundry - it's soothing:blush::)

Yes we do laundry. We stay off site so having access to a washer and dryer free of charge is great!! I always over pack but tend to gravitate to my 4 favorite pairs of shorts. So washing in between is a must for me. Plus I like to take home clean laundry. We drive to WDW so unpacking clean laundry when I get home is great!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter