Do you do laundry on vacation?

With 7 people (3 being under 5) and next trip there will 8 of us....yes...yes we definitely do laundry. Plus it's nice coming home with clean clothes already packed up.

We used to not have to, but it's gotten to the point where yes, we do laundry on vacation.

Other than the wonderfulness of going home with clean laundry, the stink factor :scared: alone is enough for anybody to want to do laundry on vacation.

I'm sorry, but my DH & DS's are the worst about leaving their clothes all turned and twisted when talking them off. There is no way I'm sticking my hand inside of some radio-active 10 day old socks to wait and wash them when we get home. :rotfl:

Our last family trip was 10 days and I'm pretty sure i did laundry 3x.

I never had a problem, it didn't seem like OMGosh, here I am, off to schlep the laundry.

Now when I took my Girl Scout troop on our trip this past June. Heck yeah we did laundry, we had DVC, and we did laundry every single day. It was so easy at the end of the day to pop everybodys sweaty smelly, stinky clothes in for a wash. I did find that the driers in the DVC (stackables) took f o r e v a h to dry any kind of thick material. Jean shorts, thick khaki type shirts. We found it best to hang them up to dry, then in the morning we'd pop them in the dryer for 5 mins to de-wrinkle them all.

I do laundry several times per trip but we almost always stay in a unit that has an in-room washer/dryer combo. If we're staying in a regular resort room I still do it, but only once.

When we have stayed in condos/vacation rentals with a washer dryer we always do laundry and come home with almost all clean clothes. We just run the loads while we're sleeping or in the park and fold as we're packing.

When we stay in hotels that require us to use a coin laundry we only do it as needed. It's more trouble than it's worth in that case going back and forth to the laundry. We haven't stayed onsite in a hotel room since have kids and I am dreading a few things, like not having a kitchen and washer dryer. This trip may just remind me why I love the off site condos.

Oh YES I do lots of laundry!! We are DVC and have washer/dryer in our villa.

I bring a little pop up hamper and keep it by the washer. I do small loads throughout the trip so we can pack light!! Then I always wash everything before we fly home. That way the kids can unpack and put the stuff away!!

I always am doing wash on vacay. I feel like it helps to not overpack, so then you can wash the clothing and wear it again. we always stay in a Dvc room with washer/dryer so its no problem to throw a load in when I get back from the parks and in the dryer before bedtime. I take along a few laundry pods since you only get one box of detergent. Being mommy never ends:)

I always swore I would never do laundry on vacation....you guessed it, that was pre-children.

I am like many others. We stay DVC so usually have a unit in our room. Almost every day I throw a load in the morning, move it to dryer in the afternoon and put away before heading back out or when we get back for the evening. Really takes no time at all. If we aren't staying DVC, I usually do it once or twice a trip, planned around pool/nap time.

LOVE LOVE LOVE coming home with clean clothes. Plus we travel mainly in warmer weather so not dealing with week old sweaty clothes is priceless. Stains come out much easier for the kids. And DH and I barely would have enough casual clothing for a trip, definitely not with changing more often when its hot. Oh, and we fly so it cuts down on the luggage we take by a lot. Well worth it!

Biggest struggle for me was 1 bathroom and washer/dryer at dvc versus two bathrooms and two connecting rooms at regular resort - I do laundry on vacation and I'm really looking forward to our trip but where most folks request: water view or close to transportation I request 'near laundry'!!

Yes usually twice . And usually when the kids are swimming at the pool - disney made that easy ! I have found that I use 2 washers and dryers at time and don't overload them. (I find the clothes dry better)

We do laundry on all of our vacations. We have three teenage boys and we just got back from a week at the ocean. I did laundry midweek, but even with only half a week's worth of dirty clothes, my van smelled like stinky boy clothes on the way home. Boys sweat way too much and I can't let that smell compound itself. When I am at home, we do at least 1-2 loads of laundry daily.

I always do laundry. On previous trips I would do it during my mid day break so pretty much every day I'd throw in the previous days dirty, stinky, sweaty clothes....

Last August (I can't believe it's been a year...sigh...) I did laundry about every 2 days. We planned a few non park days so it made it easier. One day I did it after we came back from typhoon lagoon. The other days I was up early so I was at the laundry at 6am while everyone slept and was done and sitting at the pool alone with the view of the castle by 8 and yes my dh was just waking and my 3 kids were still passed out!

I limited us to 6 outfits and we wore 2 per day.

For the 5 of us we had one mid size suitcase and 2 carry on sized ones. We could of did 2 but were worried about weight.

Ha this is so funny.My son is a CM and he usually goes with us to the parks on his day off.The "deal" is that we gas up his car and do his laundry.Oh well its pretty sweat given the price of tickets these days.He cam from DL and is new to Orlando trying to get settled in ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter