Do I really need a Magic Band?

Just wanted to say that if the only reason some of the posters here want a MB is for the ride pics, you could just skip the ride pics. They're hardly crucial to the enjoyment of your vacation.

Just wanted to say that if the only reason some of the posters here want a MB is for the ride pics, you could just skip the ride pics. They're hardly crucial to the enjoyment of your vacation.
We’ve never purchased one in more than 20 trips. Just took a photo of the grainy screen at the end from time to time.

Point taken but "They're hardly crucial to the enjoyment of your vacation." is a personal opinion. Part of my family's enjoyment is posing for the pictures and going back and laughing at them later (especially helps get over the sadness on the way home for my daughter).

Point taken but "They're hardly crucial to the enjoyment of your vacation." is a personal opinion. Part of my family's enjoyment is posing for the pictures and going back and laughing at them later (especially helps get over the sadness on the way home for my daughter).
I understand. In that case, the $10/each (assuming one is staying at a WDW resort and orders a MB2 in advance) is hardly a steep price to pay.

Aw man, I didn't know using mobiles to get the ride photos is buggy..
This trip may well be our last (1st and last for the girls) trip due to cost of flights etc.

Two of the things we do so we can afford a WDW trip are to get the United Club and Marriott credit cards. We use United points for the flight, and Marriott points for the Swan Reserve/Swan stay. So basically we only pay for transportation and park entrance fees.

We were just at WDW in March. Loaded our tickets onto our Iphone wallet and had the My Disney Experience App…just tap your phone at rude entrances for Genie+…ride photos just auto loaded onto the App. We did not use MagicBands at all this past trip. We thought it was much more convenient to just use our phones, since we had to use them for Genie+ anyway.

We were just at WDW in March. Loaded our tickets onto our Iphone wallet and had the My Disney Experience App…just tap your phone at rude entrances for Genie+…ride photos just auto loaded onto the App. We did not use MagicBands at all this past trip. We thought it was much more convenient to just use our phones, since we had to use them for Genie+ anyway.
I put ours in the Apple Wallet also. I have to say it does seem easier. This is how we use Genie+ at DLR and it works great on the phone.

I put ours in the Apple Wallet also. I have to say it does seem easier. This is how we use Genie+ at DLR and it works great on the phone.
I am not sure how it is more convenient or easier than swiping a MB. 😜
The parents on their phones swiping thru their kids tickets are usually the people who we pass at the entrance of a Genie+ or LL as we swipe our MBs at a different pedestal. And you never know, getting that one place ahead in line can make a difference between getting on a ride like ROTR or Ratatouille before it breaks down for the rest of the afternoon. 🤣

I am not sure how it is more convenient or easier than swiping a MB. 😜
The parents on their phones swiping thru their kids tickets are usually the people who we pass at the entrance of a Genie+ or LL as we swipe our MBs at a different pedestal. And you never know, getting that one place ahead in line can make a difference between getting on a ride like ROTR or Ratatouille before it breaks down for the rest of the afternoon. 🤣
No kids here. 3 adults and I’m quick draw McGraw on my phone. But either way I already bought magic bands so I’m beyond the hard sell now.

Not me. Key cards for life! I love our Universal lanyards. So easy!
We added on a trip to Universal to our WDW trip this August. We are planning on purchasing some lanyards but to me it will be way more annoying than the MB. Having something hanging on my neck in the heat while wearing a t-shirt (so nothing to keep the lanyard off the back of my neck) will probably irritate the heck out of me.

Of course I thought that the MB would be a discomfort to me the first time since I hadn't worn a watch for 30 years but with all of the distractions of the parks, I don't seem to notice it much (unless it falls off!).

We added on a trip to Universal to our WDW trip this August. We are planning on purchasing some lanyards but to me it will be way more annoying than the MB. Having something hanging on my neck in the heat while wearing a t-shirt (so nothing to keep the lanyard off the back of my neck) will probably irritate the heck out of me.

Of course I thought that the MB would be a discomfort to me the first time since I hadn't worn a watch for 30 years but with all of the distractions of the parks, I don't seem to notice it much (unless it falls off!).
The lanyard feels the same to me as the Magicband IMO. I don't really notice it at all. I absolutely recommend lanyards at Universal as they're way easier to have vs. having to take your park ticket out of your wallet for the lockers and/or using your Express pass. Don't buy any of the ones on property as they're very overpriced. I bought one on Amazon for half the price of one sold on property.

No kids here. 3 adults and I’m quick draw McGraw on my phone. But either way I already bought magic bands so I’m beyond the hard sell now.
Just me and my better half…and fast on the phone as well. Didn’t want to bother with magic bands since we both have Apple watches that we wear.

Two of the things we do so we can afford a WDW trip are to get the United Club and Marriott credit cards. We use United points for the flight, and Marriott points for the Swan Reserve/Swan stay. So basically we only pay for transportation and park entrance fees.
We're from the UK 😅 flights are very expensive from the UK nowadays sadly..

I hate stuff round my neck, so a lanyard would really irritate me. I hated even wearing my work one.

I don't notice the magic band when it's on my wrist really. It does get a bit hot and sweaty at times though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter