• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do adults enjoy DisneyQuest?

marriedmarylander

DIS Veteran
DH loves video games.. Although his type of games are fighting and things like that, not cute disney games... Does DQ attract the typical adult male? I'm not into video games much so I wouldn't care either way. I'm trying to figure out how much time is adequate... is it something we can do in a couple hours before we go to Pleasure Island or does it take a whole day?

DQ for adults can be done in just a couple of hours. I usually have done all I want to do by the end off 2.5 hours. Then off to something else.
There a quite a few of the older video games (pacman, Mrs Pacman, space invaders), plus auto racing games, pinball machines in additon to the gun fights, fist fights, boxing and martial arts games.

DH and I enjoyed it, but probably would not fork over the cash for it. I was angry that my favorite game - DDR - was taken over by teens who camped there several times a week and got annoyed at anyone who wasn't as good as they were.

The interactive games - pirates, jungle cruise - were great! It's more like modified virtual reality than just video games. There was also a pinball game that necessitated physical exersion that I loved.

DH (35) and me (30) went to DQ in 2003 - We are both gamers. We would not go back. It was free with the tickets we had and we still felt it wasn't worth it.

DH loves skeeball - But in DQ, you don't get tickets for prizes by playing skeeball. It didn't even keep track of his score. So it has reduced the game to be you throwing a ball into a hole for no purpose. The virtual reality game was really cool - made me sick within a minute and I had to quit. But from what I saw of it, it was neat.

We were just not impressed. It was MUCH too loud. Many of the games weren't working and the whole area felt rather dirty. I've been in bowling alleys with a better selection of games.

Granted, this was two years ago and things could have changed. There were a lot of teenagers hanging around then which annoyed us too as I recall.

My husband was obsessed with that airplane flying video game!!! Once he found that, the kids and I were on our own for about 2 hours! LOL!! He enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean, also. pirate:

All our party enjoyed it. Youngest was 4 oldest was 60. Your never too old to have fun. :cool1:

DH loves it. I'm bored within two hours. It'd be a good thing to send him to do while you do some DTD shopping, if you don't mind being separated. I'd look for discout tickets, though.

all I can say is I plan on buillding the biggest, baddest
virtual rollercoaster I can! .....hopefully DH :smooth:
won't have to carry me back to our room :crazy2:
:rolleyes1

bugsy said:
all I can say is I plan on buillding the biggest, baddest
virtual rollercoaster I can! .....hopefully DH :smooth:
won't have to carry me back to our room :crazy2:
:rolleyes1

I did that with a friend on my last trip and we ended up with 12 inversions. ROFL. When you "ride" it, they take a video of you and play a clip for you at the end of the ride. Well, there was a malfunction and we didn't get our clip. So, we had them start the ride over for us and we did it back to back. We both felt a bit "off" after that. It was a blast though.
Also, the virtual Pirates Of The Caribbean was awesome too! Sure, I let some expletives fly but, I'm not going to let some skeleton pirate steal my treasure.

A tip for building your coaster. The "Track" pieces are color coded. I think it's red, yellow, and green. Red is the most intense and green the least. Try to make your coaster as close to all red as possible. =)

I forgot about the Pirates of the Caribbean. That actually was quite fun. :3dglasses

Just wanted to add that because I was a bit of a downer on the other post earlier up.

LeftCoaster said:
A tip for building your coaster. The "Track" pieces are color coded. I think it's red, yellow, and green. Red is the most intense and green the least. Try to make your coaster as close to all red as possible. =)
yeah, ba-by! :cool1:

In December of 2003, our WDW crew consisted of 3 males (Dh, 27, and 2 friends, 25 and 23) and myself (23). We visited Disney quest several times and had a great time! We stuck mostly to the VR games. Since it was one of the only things open late at night, we never really had to compete with little kids and the teenagers were respectful (but they may be from going during the slower season). We all had a BLAST in Pirates and loved the virtual roller coaster! :)

I would alot 2-3 hours for it, if your adults are gamers.

This year, the WDW crew is consisting of me and DH (now 25 and 29) and another couple (21 and 22). We plan on it being a great time! One of us isn't much of a gamer, but we think the VR stuff would appeal to anyone who wants to try something a little out of the ordinary. Have fun!

marriedmarylander said:
DH loves video games.. Although his type of games are fighting and things like that, not cute disney games... Does DQ attract the typical adult male? I'm not into video games much so I wouldn't care either way. I'm trying to figure out how much time is adequate... is it something we can do in a couple hours before we go to Pleasure Island or does it take a whole day?

Well, my DH LOVES video games , too. He insisted that we go to Disney Quest, and we ended up spending about 5 hours in there!! So long, in fact, that Mr. VideoGame (aka DH) got the worst headache and he was forced to leave before his brain split open! LOL I am not into video games, either. I was really into the "Make your own rollercoaster" thingy, though! I bet I did that about 15 times, and DH was ready to toss his cookies. LOL

My fiance is 37 and went to Disney for the first time six years ago and he LOVED quest. We are going in a week and a half for our honeymoon and he can't wait to get back there!

marriedmarylander said:

33 Male here.

DQ is very cool and I and into the fighting games myself.

NYDisneyMom said:
My husband was obsessed with that airplane flying video game!!! Once he found that, the kids and I were on our own for about 2 hours! LOL!! He enjoyed the Pirates of the Caribbean, also. pirate:

Me too :cool1:

When we went it seemed that 1/2 the games or activities were shut down. Never experienced the "flying game" nor the one with the remote control cars under the floors. I thought the river rafting ride was poorly done and could have been made MUCH more intelligent than it was (of course this is coming from a programmer.) The Arcade area now has games kids can earn tickets on, but you have to pay for the games, which, although I see the point, seemed a bit cheap to me given the entrance price.

It was interesting for about the first hour, but I couldn't wait to leave. I think the highlights involved the Pirates ride and the Cheesecake Factory.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter