DLR Half-Marathon 2013. Who else is going?!?!

:yay::yay: That's such great news!!

:cheer2: Yay!!

Got hill work in this morning and then mini DDD w/ 5 tomorrow and 10 Thursday. Only 2½ more weeks!!

I am soooo happy we are almost done with training!! 14 miles on Sunday and then I am in the clear!!

how do i get info on these runs? I am going to be doing my first 5k in October and would LOVE to do one of these next year

how do i get info on these runs? I am going to be doing my first 5k in October and would LOVE to do one of these next year

Keep checking back to the same site or sign up for the emails they send out. They do it every year, so 99.9% chance that you can sign up for the 2014 when it is released (I think it was Dec or Jan this year).

I am soooo happy we are almost done with training!! 14 miles on Sunday and then I am in the clear!!

:thumbsup2 Good luck!

Tink still has spots for the 5k and 10k in Jan if you're interested. Registraton for that weekend opens in June or July. Last year it was June, this year July. The DL 1/2 weekend reg opens in January. WDW has a whole bunch of different runs and distances as well.

I never got around to planning a costume. I still figure I've got time to color-coordinate otherwise I'll just go with my usual. I am kind of leaning towards seeing if Raw threads has their DDD shirt at the expo, but I'll still probably pass on that.

Thankfully I don't have to pack and risk forgetting anything back home since it's barely a 5 minute drive for me (although I sure do want to stay at the PPH one year just for the heck of it).

Anyone else hit a rut with their training. I was doing so well but I was having some really bad days a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get myself back out there since. I still feel more prepared than any other half I've done before, but I want to use these last few weeks wisely.

Let me know when you want to stay on site. Lol!
I did this once for the Half a few years ago (at PPH) and it was fun!
It wad my only time staying in a Disney Hotel.

I'm so excited for the Grand next year!

I totally want to stay onsite for one of next year's races. Preferably the Disneyland Half since it's right before my birthday. Kind of an early present to myself, haha. I have to figure out how my discounts work as a CM one of these days. Gotta start saving now!

So less than 2 weeks to go! I've gotten both of my work schedules for the first half od the weekend (Fri/Sat) and so glad to have them both off. I'm sure I have Sun/Mon and whatever other days I requested as well. Yay for off-seasons.

Was anyone planning any meet-ups or anything of the sort? I'm probably going to be hanging around the Expo most of Friday with a few trips back and forth to the parks.

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel for our first Disneyland half. I have no clue what time we need to leave our hotel room to find our corral? Any suggestions?

We are staying at the Disneyland Hotel for our first Disneyland half. I have no clue what time we need to leave our hotel room to find our corral? Any suggestions?

We're at the DLR too next weekend and not sure either for the corrals. Not long, I'd imagine. DH said he read one blog written by someone who stayed there and it took them something like 3 minutes and 42 seconds to get to their corral from their room. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We're at the DLR too next weekend and not sure either for the corrals. Not long, I'd imagine. DH said he read one blog written by someone who stayed there and it took them something like 3 minutes and 42 seconds to get to their corral from their room. :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

Yes, It's really close. Check out the maps and diagrams in the official race program on RunDisney and you will see that the DL Hotel is very near to the starting line and the corrals.

Per the final race instructions, the start zone is located on Disneyland Drive between Magic Way and Paradise Way, near the Lilo Parking lot of the Downtown Disney district. Additionally, runDisney asks that you arrive by 4:30 a.m. and be in your corral no later than 5:00 a.m.

I'm a Disneyland newbie and won't be staying at the DLH, but you can see about how long it takes you to get from the Lilo Parking area to your room the day before to get a good idea of the time it will take you. Maybe build in at least an additional 5-10 minutes to account for there being more people and limitations on where you can walk to access your corral.

I'll be down there Friday in time to pick up my bib. We're going in the parks for a few hours for dinner (not sure where yet) then heading to bed early.

Saturday is the 10k and then the Expo, DTD, Disney Outlet, Garden Walk and dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Not going in the parks on Saturday.

Sunday is the Half and park time!

I'll be down there Friday in time to pick up my bib. We're going in the parks for a few hours for dinner (not sure where yet) then heading to bed early.

Saturday is the 10k and then the Expo, DTD, Disney Outlet, Garden Walk and dinner at Cheesecake Factory. Not going in the parks on Saturday.

Sunday is the Half and park time!

How far is the outlet?

Little more than 1 week left! Holy cow, I've been waiting since January to say that. :rotfl2: Friday's weather is out and, while it's early, it says partly cloudy and low 80s during the day. Fingers crossed for some coastal fog this year. Hope the last week of training/taper goes well for everyone and remember to watch where you step so you don't get injured!

Little more than 1 week left! Holy cow, I've been waiting since January to say that. :rotfl2: Friday's weather is out and, while it's early, it says partly cloudy and low 80s during the day. Fingers crossed for some coastal fog this year. Hope the last week of training/taper goes well for everyone and remember to watch where you step so you don't get injured!

Our last long run on Sunday was wonderfully cloudy... felt great! Can only hope for more of the same on go day... :thumbsup2

Our last long run on Sunday was wonderfully cloudy... felt great! Can only hope for more of the same on go day... :thumbsup2

For what it's worth, today's extended forecast from Weather Underground looks like this for race weekend. . . :cool2:

AnaheimWeather_8-22-13.jpg

For what it's worth, today's extended forecast from Weather Underground looks like this for race weekend. . . :cool2:

AnaheimWeather_8-22-13.jpg

Clear and a low of 68... oof! Was hoping to at least start out a little chillier but much better to know this going in! Thank you! :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter