DLR and DCA now have separate blockout days

WHYYYY do I never get AP emails? You’d think after 20 years they’d figure it out :-( I have emailed so many times trying to fix it.

Me too. About once a year, just for fun, I try to get someone to fix it. They’ve never been able to. I simply can’t get AP emails. When I had to move my DMA digital copies to Movies Anywhere they had a nightmare of a time merging my accounts. She said my account was messed up because I’d originally registered with Disney in the very early days of that “.go” silliness. I have to assume that’s why I can’t get AP emails either.

Me too. About once a year, just for fun, I try to get someone to fix it. They’ve never been able to. I simply can’t get AP emails. When I had to move my DMA digital copies to Movies Anywhere they had a nightmare of a time merging my accounts. She said my account was messed up because I’d originally registered with Disney in the very early days of that “.go” silliness. I have to assume that’s why I can’t get AP emails either.
Me too!!! I try once a year at renewal just for giggles but it never. gets. fixed.

I also was one of the first to create an account way back when it was first a thing, maybe there is some truth to that.

We bought Deluxe passes but had not activated yet. NOT very happy about this. They had a calendar with very similar blackout dates for years which was our basis for the purchase. Did I mention - NOT very happy about this?!!!

We bought Deluxe passes but had not activated yet. NOT very happy about this. They had a calendar with very similar blackout dates for years which was our basis for the purchase. Did I mention - NOT very happy about this?!!!
Disneyland officials stated back in February with the last price increase that changes were coming to the program, the main speculation was separate blockout calendars would be part of that.

Stating changes without specifics that are this sweeping is like stating nothing at all.
When did you purchase? If you purchased prior to Feb 11th, when they added the "Admission to one or both theme parks during select days of the year", you can likely get a refund as they stated "300 preselected days of admission to BOTH parks". If you purchased after, you probably still can if you go with the "Changes made were more than we expected."

When did you purchase? If you purchased prior to Feb 11th, when they added the "Admission to one or both theme parks during select days of the year", you can likely get a refund as they stated "300 preselected days of admission to BOTH parks". If you purchased after, you probably still can if you go with the "Changes made were more than we expected."

We purchased on February 10th, just prior to the price increase.

We purchased on February 10th, just prior to the price increase.
Yours should say the "300 preselected days of admission to BOTH parks". If you no longer want this pass, take the vouchers to the ticket booth and escalate to a lead to refund.

To clarify, this June, the Deluxe pass had 25 days available to visit. June of 2019, while you have 13 days in DL, you have 30 for DCA.

You can apply the value to a higher pass since you haven’t activated it

I'm not surprised as there were lots of rumors this would happen. We have the deluxe APs purchased but we aren't activating them until late July. That means we can still get one last trip in with our passes next summer during early June and enjoy both parks. I find it interesting but I'm not terribly upset. The calendar is an entire year out so plenty of time for me to figure it out and plan if we're going to renew next summer or let them expire.

I'm not surprised as there were lots of rumors this would happen. We have the deluxe APs purchased but we aren't activating them until late July. That means we can still get one last trip in with our passes next summer during early June and enjoy both parks. I find it interesting but I'm not terribly upset. The calendar is an entire year out so plenty of time for me to figure it out and plan if we're going to renew next summer or let them expire.
We have DAP too. We already knew we wouldn't be renewing as we need at least a year off after having a year of access. However this is change could keep us from purchasing APs again. Since we don't live local we feel we need to have 2 week long vacations at Disneyland (one each year) to make it worth it. If having an AP costs nearly as much as 4 or 5 day hoppers twice but no longer includes hopping privileges on the days we want to visit then it becomes less valuable for us.

On the other hand if we lived more locally it would be nice to no longer be completely blocked on Saturdays. Unfortunately many of the locals and semi locals go on Sundays with the DAP (why Sundays are so crowded) and now they can't go to Disneyland on a summer weekend only DCA. That is probably a bummer for them too.

I’m bummed about this change but also not surprised. We ended up getting passes in April so the changes won’t affect us. We were not planning on renewing after that anyway. We are Nor-Cal so the changes really diminish the value of the Deluxe Pass for us. If you’re a local it’s not as big of a deal but we won’t be taking a 3-4 day trip if we don’t have access to both parks. Those June days where the DAP have access are going to be crazy crowded!!!

Darn. Am super bummed about this. We will be there July 2018 and had planned to upgrade to DAPs for a return trip next summer at least. If we lived closer, I wouldn't care. I don't see us being able to make enough trips to justify the expense if Disneyland is blocked out for us for most of the summer. Which I am guessing it will be based on the start of the blackout days in June? If we can only get in to DCA, it isn't worth the flight. To us!

Darn. Am super bummed about this. We will be there July 2018 and had planned to upgrade to DAPs for a return trip next summer at least. If we lived closer, I wouldn't care. I don't see us being able to make enough trips to justify the expense if Disneyland is blocked out for us for most of the summer. Which I am guessing it will be based on the start of the blackout days in June? If we can only get in to DCA, it isn't worth the flight. To us!
I doubt they will block DAPs for "most of the summer". I suspect once they release July there will be some July weekdays in there. A DAP holder would have to plan weekdays at DL and weekends at DCA. Which is what Disney wants with SWGE.

I doubt they will block DAPs for "most of the summer". I suspect once they release July there will be some July weekdays in there. A DAP holder would have to plan weekdays at DL and weekends at DCA. Which is what Disney wants with SWGE.

If they did block the DAPs for most of the summer they would have very little value compared to the local passes. I'm guessing that is the week they will open SWGE and that is why the DAPs are blocked. Hopefully it isn't for longer than a week of two. As it is being blocked every weekend is kind of a bummer. We could hope this is just for the one year as they open SWGE and that the following year when they open Marvel Land they'll give some of those weekends back to DL.

We are not going to renew our AP in November if there is a big blockage to the deluxe pass during 2019. Not worth it especially after the huge price increase last year (on the deluxe pass). We are looking into other places and other ways to maybe go to DL for a few days.

We are not going to renew our AP in November if there is a big blockage to the deluxe pass during 2019. Not worth it especially after the huge price increase last year (on the deluxe pass). We are looking into other places and other ways to maybe go to DL for a few days.
We all love Disney here, but I am afraid your response is exactly what Disney is trying to accomplish. They are being too successful and even when they raise prices people still buy, buy, buy. Restricting days for APs may cause some to stop buying them which will thin crowds from extreme to just very busy. Especially after SWGE.

:wizard:

Oddly enough, I get them when my best friend as an AP which is weird. She stays at our DVC every once in awhile, some times with us, sometimes without, and often has her AP around similar times as us (eg mine runs Nov-Nov, hers runs June-June at the moment, then we both take a 6 months to a year off, depending on schedules). But I get the AP emails addressed to her and not to me and she doesn't get any addressed to me. Disney IT is weird.

I bought my 1st AP this past June...I live in Phoenix...and I couldn't be happier!!! I figured as long as I get to visit DL/DCA at least 11 days within a year, my AP pays for itself. I visited for 5 days in June and I'm visiting for a 4-day weekend at the end of the month. I might visited again by year's end, it not for sure a couple more times in 2019 before my renewal. I'm sure I'll renew by next June but I'll just plan my visits around the new blockout calendars.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter