DisneySweetie's Wedding PJ & Disneymoon PreTrippie: UPDATE 12/07 *Backwards Bride :)*

Where did you get MM silverware? That's so cute! You could absolutely use those!

My parents still use the cake knife and server from their wedding 27 years ago. My Mom brings it out every single time she serves cake. In the mean time it's on display in the china hutch with their wedding china.

i LOVE your server set, i'm with kristen, i like that you can use it again, i plan to with mine!

your dress looks great! :banana: all the old problems are gone and it looks spectacular!!!

i also love the table numbers, you're so crafty! i visited hobby lobby myself today...can't wait to see your place cards, i'm going to do yellow ones as well, i think, with gerbers on them too, to match my centerpeices!

Where did you get MM silverware? That's so cute! You could absolutely use those!

My parents still use the cake knife and server from their wedding 27 years ago. My Mom brings it out every single time she serves cake. In the mean time it's on display in the china hutch with their wedding china.

I got it from disneyshopping.com oh so long ago. I think it was in 2004. Anyway, I didn't start using it until Mike and I moved in together, so it's still kind of new to me. I love it. Every once in a while it pops up again on their website.

i LOVE your server set, i'm with kristen, i like that you can use it again, i plan to with mine!

your dress looks great! :banana: all the old problems are gone and it looks spectacular!!!

i also love the table numbers, you're so crafty! i visited hobby lobby myself today...can't wait to see your place cards, i'm going to do yellow ones as well, i think, with gerbers on them too, to match my centerpeices!

Ok, I'm glad that you both think the MM server will work. I was worried they were a little small, but I think that's ok. Really you only use them to cut the first slice anyway right? Yes, my dress looks much better now. Just think, your dress issue were solved my two slips and my dress issues were solved by two bras. Ok, there's more to it than that, but still. It sounds like we might have very similar placecards. I will definitely post an example of one when my supplies arrives.

Happy Halloween everyone!

We have had a really tough Halloween thus far. Halloween is probably my favorite holiday and I look forward to it every year. But it just seems like nothing is going right for us today.

Mike was leaving work late last night and the battery on our car had died. He got a jump. But then he came home to get me so that we could drive it around for a while before we got gas. After you get a jump, you should always drive it around for a while. He needed gas to drive to work this morning. Well, it wouldn't start after we got gas. We tried to get a jump and it wouldn't even start with a jump. It was that dead. What a pain. We need to go out and get a new battery before the trick-or-treaters come tonight. We recently replaced our battery, so it’s still under warranty, it’s just something I wish we didn’t have to deal with today. Oh well, if something is to go wrong with a car, a battery is one of the easier things to deal with.

Anyway, we had spent time on Monday evening making Halloween cupcakes for our coworkers. Mike forgot to take the Halloween cupcakes for his coworkers when the taxi picked him up for work this morning. I remembered to bring mine to work. I stuck them in the fridge when I got here. I went to go grab them so I could drop them off at people's desks during lunch and THEY WERE GONE! Not kidding. Someone with an extreme sweet tooth stole 15 cupcakes out of the fridge. They also took my cupcake tray. I checked all the fridges in this building and they are nowhere to be found. I work at a huge tech company (several buildings on each campus), so it could have been anyone. I'm not really mad, I'm sad that my coworkers won't get their homemade Halloween cupcakes. Talk about a tough Halloween (and it's only 1pm).

Ok, back to wedding stuff…

We actually got space on an Illuminations Cruise. I have never actually seen the full Illumination night show. The majority of the DIS seems to agree that it’s their favorite show. I don’t know about that, I do love Fantasmic, but I wanted to give it a try. We never really sat to watch it last time we were there because of how cold it was at night in December 2005. We never wanted to sit around and wait in the cold. So, I thought about a cruise. I love the DIS because I never would have been able to do this without it. No way were we paying for a whole cruise for two people. Instead, via the Illuminations Cruise Central thread, we are joining a fellow DISer and her family for the cruise. I’m super excited and I’m trying not to spill the beans to DF. I can’t seem to keep anything else a surprise (I told him I rented a Mustang for the wedding weekend), so I am hoping I can keep my mouth shut about this. I don’t even think he knows that fireworks cruises exist, much less would he expect to be able to afford one. Yay, good surprise!

We have gotten a good number of RSVPs back. Sadly we only have 26 people so far. Several of the extended family members that Mike invited who we expected to come are unable to come. We still need to hear back from a ton of people. I would say that we have only gotten 1/3 of the RSVPs back. We asked them to reply by November 1st, so I am hoping that a bunch come in this week and next week. After that we will start calling everyone. I think we’re not going to get as many people as we wanted, but that’s the price you pay with a December wedding. It’s ok. No matter whom shows up we are going to have a blast. Our closes family and friends will be there and that’s the important part. Plus, who knows? We might be able to splurge somewhere else if our guest count goes down. We’ve gotta keep looking on the bright side.

What else? Oh, I got my cz stud earrings in the mail. They are MUCH bigger than I expected them to be. I think I am going to have to return them and go hunting for something else. Who knew earrings would be the hardest part of my bridal attire?

We are trying to decide on bridal party gifts. We have a bunch of ideas, but nothing has really jumped out at us. For now we have calendars for the groomsmen and wax potpourri burners for the bridesmaids. I also have a small collection of travel size items from Bath & Body Works.

My bridesmaids have all gotten their dresses. I am keeping their wraps and hair flowers here until the wedding. We think all of the groomsmen have gotten measured, but we need to check in with one of them.

We are trying to work out our wedding music. We keep second guessing everything. Plus, we’re back to considering not having any of the dances. We might just have the DJ there to play the music and announce things. We got a great deal on his services, so I wouldn’t have too much of a problem with this. There is one song we are certain of – the processional will be ‘Book of Love’ by Peter Gabriel. If any of you have this song, go listen to it and tell me what you think. I have to admit that the first time I heard this song, it wasn’t my favorite. But as I started to understand it, I fell in love with it. The music and the meaning just really speak to me. So, after I was sure this is what I wanted, I made Mike listen to it. He hated it the first time. I think he thought I was crazy or joking or something. So, I started to look for other options. I didn’t love them the way I loved ‘Book of Love,’ but there were some good ones to choose from. I came back to him 10 days later and was ready to go over other options. At that point he asked me why we weren’t using ‘Book of Love.’ Hahahaha! Turns out he had been listening to it over those 10 days and now he couldn’t imagine using anything else. Now he thinks it’s perfect too. So at least that’s one song. I’ll post the rest when we decide on them.

Thanks for reading everyone and Happy Halloween!

So I called my DF to tell him about the cupcake-napping. He said that I should write an e-mail to my coworkers and tell them what happened. That way each of them would know that I tried to do something nice for them on Halloween. I did it and made it a funny e-mail about the super strong sweet tooth of a cupcake-napper. After I sent it, one of my coworkers immediately came up to me and said that he had actually made me a cake ("6-feet tall with jack-o-lanterns") and it got stolen too. He said that it seems the cupcake-napper must have been practicing to be a full-fledged cake-napper. Hahaha! Well, at least people are laughing about it.

Oh my goodness! That same coworker just came by my desk with cupcakes. He went out on his lunch break and bought some Halloween cupcakes to replace my stolen ones. How sweet is that? Maybe this Halloween is turning out all right after all. Now I go get to pass out cupcakes! Sure, they're not the same as the ones we put effort into baking, but it's the thought that counts. Halloween really is the best holiday.

oh! you're cupcake story is sad, but maybe it'll bond you to your co-workers!!!

i ordered my placecards, new envelopes for the nightmare invitations and circle stickers from papersource...can't wait for them to all come in...

i feel your pain about the car battery, that seems to happen to me ALL THE TIME. df has actually had to push start three of my cars, which is not fun...

oh no, not the cupcakes! I was wondering...are there any cameras installed in the suspected crime scene? :D It would be great to catch the cupcake and cake napper orange handed! :)

I dont know how I missed this update yesterday. Sorry to hear about your cupcakes. At least you fed one really really hungry person :)

I can't believe you only have 1/3 of your RSVP's! I guess when you put Nov 1 a lot of people think it means mail by Nov 1?? At least you picked an early date so you have plenty of time to sort it all out.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cupcakes! At my old job similar incidents happened all the time, people would go to get their lunches out of the fridge, and while the lunch wouldn't be gone, there would be bites taken out of sandwiches, half of the leftovers would be missing, etc. It got so bad the company installed security cameras in front of the fridges! :confused3

Glad to hear that your day got better however!!

Everything looks/sounds great, can't wait to here more, congrats!

oh! you're cupcake story is sad, but maybe it'll bond you to your co-workers!!!

i ordered my placecards, new envelopes for the nightmare invitations and circle stickers from papersource...can't wait for them to all come in...

i feel your pain about the car battery, that seems to happen to me ALL THE TIME. df has actually had to push start three of my cars, which is not fun...

I'm about to post the mock-up placecard with the materials from papersource. I've had it done for awhile. Work's just been crazy.

oh no, not the cupcakes! I was wondering...are there any cameras installed in the suspected crime scene? :D It would be great to catch the cupcake and cake napper orange handed! :)

Hahahaha! That's what my coworkers said. At least everyone got a laugh out of it.

I dont know how I missed this update yesterday. Sorry to hear about your cupcakes. At least you fed one really really hungry person :)

I can't believe you only have 1/3 of your RSVP's! I guess when you put Nov 1 a lot of people think it means mail by Nov 1?? At least you picked an early date so you have plenty of time to sort it all out.

I'm currently hunting down those who haven't RSVPed. I actually haven't received that many more. What a mess. I'm hoping to have a final count by the end of the week.

I'm so sorry to hear about your cupcakes! At my old job similar incidents happened all the time, people would go to get their lunches out of the fridge, and while the lunch wouldn't be gone, there would be bites taken out of sandwiches, half of the leftovers would be missing, etc. It got so bad the company installed security cameras in front of the fridges! :confused3

Glad to hear that your day got better however!!

Everything looks/sounds great, can't wait to here more, congrats!

Ewwww! Bites taken out of sandwiches? That's horrible. I've never had a problem with fridges at my work before. I always put lunches, fruit, yogurt and stuff in there. I guess that the healthy stuff is not as tempting.

Hey again everyone,

So, I completed a mock-up of one of our placecards. I’m still trying to figure out what marker I want to use to write the names. I thought about typing them up, but I think that since the names need to be off-center due to the large flower, handwriting will work better. Perfectly imperfect if you know what I mean. In the photo, I put the placecard against the cornflower swatch from David’s Bridal. Our tablecloth overlays are pretty close to this color. The full-length tablecloths will be white.

placecardmockup.jpg

I would love to say that we got all of our RSVPs back, but it’s just not true. We got 50 of them back. We’re still waiting on 29 of them. I am hunting everyone down now. So far our guest count is 47 people. Looking good, but we want more. Initially we were hoping for 80-90 people, but we know this time of year makes it hard for them all to attend. Now we are hoping for 60 people.

We got our first gift to our Disney Honeymoon registry. It’s super exciting. A friend from school is in grad school now and has finals. She decided that rather that spend all of her money on a flight to get our here for half a day, that she would contribute to our honeymoon instead. I’m sad she won’t be here, but touched that she is adding to our Disney fun.

Oh, we also got our magical express luggage stickers. Were we supposed to get the fancy fun luggage tags too? If I remember rightly, those come with the rest of the WDW travel docs. Wow, it’s all coming up so soon. We have a couple ADRs: Chef Mickey’s breakfast on the first full day, SciFi Dine-In lunch, Crystal Palace lunch on Christmas eve, and Tutto Italia Candlelight Processional package on Christmas day. We will be going to the later CP and Gary Sinise is the narrator. I figure it’s a great way to spend our first Christmas and the last night of our Disneymoon together.

Our photographer e-mailed us a link to the photo guest book she designed out of our engagement photos. Yes, there is a typo in the date, but I let her know right away and she confirmed that it was just a typo and that our contract and her calendar reflect the correct date. I think it turned out great and I can’t wait to see it in person. She did it super fast and now she’s sending it off to be printed, bound, etc. I thought I would share it here.

http://kimberlyjarman.com/albums/curlengagement/

What do we think? Silver sharpie for the guests to sign it with? I guess I will have to wait and see what the page paper is like.

We got the “I DO” letters for the cake table done. They took several coats (5 to be exact) of paint. I think we should have sanded them more. We used the orchid color for the base and then sponge-painted light yellow on top.

idoletters.jpg

We got the holiday cards that we are using for the invitations to Zoo Lights. They’re super cute and so Arizona. It will be nice to spend some time with just the immediate families during the holiday season during the calm before the storm (aka wedding). This is the only thing truly christmasy that we’re doing during the wedding week. I like that we’re having a December wedding without fully taking on the Christmas aspect.

zoolightscard.jpg

I can’t believe we only have 34 days to go. So much to do. I’ve got to call our florist later today and change the number of centerpieces. Now that there are not so many people coming, we don’t need as many tables. Therefore, we don’t need as many centerpieces. I think I’m going to send Mike alone to the cake place. We need to choose the final flavors and drop off the cake topper. I’m traveling a ton for work right now and then I’m on call. I just don’t see a time when we can both go together. Plus, the place is closer to his work and easier for him to get to during their odd hours. I know it’s supposed to be something fun we do together, but I just don’t see how we have the time. And I want it done before the end of the month. We’ve got to go to the courthouse to get our marriage license. I’m hoping we can get that done the week after Thanksgiving. The to-do list is longer than this, but those are the more immediate things that need to get done. Thanks again for reading.

i really like your place cards! they look great! did you use the butter or the curry cards? i can't beleive you're a month out!!!

Everything looks great! Your I DO letters make me want to decorate my cake table too! How are you setting them up? Standing or just laying on the table?

I just wanted to let you know I love reading your TR. You're putting so much care into everything, I know you're going to have a fantastic wedding. Best wishes!

ooooh I really like the place cards, I love the colors. And the letters too, they came out great!
It's really coming so fast now, I swear times if just FLYING by right now, its a little crazy.
And getting RSVPs back has been interesting for us too...we have way more than we thought we'd have, but they come in waves. We won't get any for like a week and then in one day we'll get like 10. strange.
YAYYYYY it's so close!!!!!!

i really like your place cards! they look great! did you use the butter or the curry cards? i can't beleive you're a month out!!!

Thanks. I was worried about the flower being slightly too big. But I really think I like it that way. They are the butter cards. Sorry the photo is a little yellow. I tried to take it with the flash, but then the blue didn't look right. I punched out all the paper, now I just have to put them together.

Everything looks great! Your I DO letters make me want to decorate my cake table too! How are you setting them up? Standing or just laying on the table?

The I DO letters are much prettier in person. We went back and forth on whether we wanted them laying on the table or standing up. Michaels has a choice of wooden ones or paper mache ones. We chose the wooden ones because the have a little hole in the back for a nail. We could hang them on a wall later with a grouping of our wedding photos. I really liked that idea. But the wooden ones will not stand up by themselves. So we're just going to lay them on the cake table.

I just wanted to let you know I love reading your TR. You're putting so much care into everything, I know you're going to have a fantastic wedding. Best wishes!

Thanks for joining us. Some people think the "care" I'm putting into everything is me being crazy obsessive. I happen to think I'm more relaxed than other brides might be. I love writing this PJ because I get to talk out the reasoning behind our decisions. I'm glad that you enjoy reading along.

ooooh I really like the place cards, I love the colors. And the letters too, they came out great!
It's really coming so fast now, I swear times if just FLYING by right now, its a little crazy.
And getting RSVPs back has been interesting for us too...we have way more than we thought we'd have, but they come in waves. We won't get any for like a week and then in one day we'll get like 10. strange.
YAYYYYY it's so close!!!!!!

Thanks so much. I wish I could figure out how to photograph them so that you all could see the true colors. At least you can see the general idea. Time is disappearing. I have no idea where this last week went. Suddenly a lot of the guests are contacting us. I think that's when you know it's getting really close - when they all start want to double-check schedules and hear all the details again. I try to point them all to our website. But you can tell some of them are just excited to see us and just want to chat. Although we may not be getting as many guests as we expected, I am super excited to see the ones who can come. A wedding is weird though. Normally in times of excitement like this, time just crawls by. But right now time really is flying.

25 days to go! The time is really flying by. I’ve been traveling for work lately and this week is Thanksgiving. Pretty soon I’m going to be a week out and have tons of stuff to do. Mike and I are doing Thanksgiving on our own this year. I’m excited about doing most of it, but I’m nervous about the turkey. We got the smallest turkey breast we could find. I figure we will have plenty of food even if the turkey doesn’t turn out. This will make Thanksgiving more of an adventure for sure.

I booked my hair and make-up. Yes. I know most girls do it way earlier than this, but I was having some trouble. Everyone was so expensive. And I am really picky about this. I rarely wear make-up at all. I didn’t want to have a mask for my big day. I found my make-up artist through my photographer. We chatted and she was the only one who made me feel comfortable about the “less is more” factor. Everyone else was pushing false eyelashes and custom-blended make-up, etc. It was all too much. I found my hair girl through my make-up person. She was great to chat with and I saw a few samples and knew she could create whatever look I want. My hair trial is on December 1st and my make-up trial is on December 11th. I know it seems like they are awfully close to the big day, but I trust that I will be able to find my look with these two people. Plus, I am super busy at work and don’t have much flexibility right now. I hope it works out ok. I am going to have my mom’s hair done too. I am not sure if she is going to want her make-up done. But I figure my sister can get her make-up done (she has really short hair, not much you can do with it). That way they each are a part of my big day even though they’re not in the bridal party. My BMs have all said that they prefer to do their own hair and make-up. Whew! Costs less for me and then we don’t have to be up so early.

My photographer ordered our guest book last week. Before she ordered it she called to ask me about the cover. We had the traditional option – the color of your choice with the square window opening in the front. Or the other option – clear acrylic cover. Interesting. Anyone else picturing page protector material? She assured me that it was stiff and about 30mm thick. We hadn’t actually seen this option. Actually, she had never even ordered one with that cover. But she was really enthusiastic about it. And since she caught me so early in the morning, I felt like being adventurous and went with it. Hahaha! Let’s hope I don’t regret it. I’ll post photos when I get it.

I bought our thank you postcards. Yep, we’re doing thank you postcards. See, whenever I go on vacation, I send postcards to my friends and family. Well, I saw these cute Disney postcards at the USPS store.

disneypostcard1.jpg

disneypostcard2.jpg

They come with postage. Although, the Disney romance ones are older so they don’t have enough postage. No worries, I’m going to send them out through the scrapbooking store in DTD. They have a meter with Tinkerbell. They can add the necessary postage there. It took me a little while to talk Mike into doing these as our thank you cards. He didn’t want to have anything like this to do on our honeymoon. But I told him that we would be sending postcards anyway because that’s what I do. We did it during our engagement trip to WDW. Why not just make them thank you postcards and get it all done at once. By ordering them ahead of time, I can address them all before we leave. As we receive gifts from people, I can write the up. That way we only have to add some magical Disney sentiment while we’re there. It will be really easy. Plus, it makes sense since our primary registry is the Disney Honeymoon Registry. I think it’s fun that people will get them from our honeymoon.

My MOH sent out an evite for my “bowling bachelorette event.” We decided to invite girls and guys. Mike will have his guys night in with his friends playing video games (don’t worry, they are doing something else exciting earlier in the day that I am not allowed to speak of in case he reads this), and I will have my bowling night. It’s not often that you have everyone in town. Plus, I have had a lot of close guy friends. I want to play with them too. I’m not sure how many of them will be in town early enough to come to this, but as long as my BMs come, it will be super fun.

I paid off the florist and the photographer. We’re renegotiating our contract for the reception with less guests. It’s not due until December 7th. Still need to pay for the cake, but we can do that after Thanksgiving. We also need to get a marriage license, but I expect that won’t happen until later.

I bought t-shirts through disneyshopping.com and zazzle a while ago with a discount. I think we will wear these on our first full day at WDW when we go to Chef Mickey’s for breakfast.

MMBrideGroomTs.jpg

They are rather big. I read up on all the measurements and even measured the fit of some of our favorite t-shirts before I ordered. But these particular shirts were much bigger (and longer) than they claimed. Oh well, they are still super cute and will make for great photos with Mickey and pals.

I never posted my dress for our kick-off dinner. I got it off of anntaylorloft.com with a coupon from the budget board a while ago. Basically I got it for 70% off. And I love it.

FriDinnerDressFront.jpg

Ignore the spots. It appears I need to clean that mirror. I was a little worried about the sizing because it’s a little bigger than my other dresses. It is a little loose, but it worked out ok. I am going to find some funky socks to throw on for when we go bowling later that night. I figure - why not bowl in a dress at your very own bowling bachelorette event?

I am hoping to finish assembling the place cards and table card holders this weekend. I guess it depends on my energy level after black Friday. We have a lot of Christmas gifts to find. I pick up my wedding dress next week. I will start assembling the cocoa cones the week after that. I don’t want the marshmallows to get hard because I do it too early. I bought little clear rubber bands to use to gather them shut. I’m hoping these help to make them more airtight. I plan to spend a day (probably Wednesday) in the week before the wedding baking these:

heartbrowniecupcakes.jpg

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/recipe.aspx?recipeID=41804&Source=SearchResultPage

Other than that I’ve been riding the rollercoaster of drama. Families and weddings, what could be more dramatic? I don’t want to go into details because it’s rather personal, but let’s just say there has been a lot of crying over the last month or so. I really thought we were being cautious and avoiding all of it, but now I’m not sure that was ever a possibility. It makes me kinda sad because I feel like no one is going to enjoy my wedding day as much as they would have if all of this hadn’t happened. At this point I’m just trying my best to make sure Mike and I enjoy our special day. That’s really the best you can do.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

wow aaryn! you've been super busy! love the dress and LOVE LOVE LOVE the shirts! did you order them through disney shopping? or through zazzle? did you create them yourself? i want them!!!

i'm sorry to hear that you're having family drama. weddings make people act weird. you're right though, your wedding is about you, all that's important is that you and df have a fabulous day to a fabulous new start with one another!

did you buy flower paper punch cut outs for the place cards? i am at such a loss with what to do with mine...

I bought a flower paper punch for my place cards. I got it from a local scrapbook store. But they sell it other places. I think it was "Whale of a Punch" brand. I bought the paper I used for the flowers off of paper-source when I bought the place cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter