DisneySweetie's Wedding PJ & Disneymoon PreTrippie: UPDATE 12/07 *Backwards Bride :)*

I love your wedding website. It looks fabulous, and very informative for your guests. Thanks for sharing!

Your website is great! I think your wedding plans are awesome! I love Aunt Chilada's!!!! (I live in Queen Creek, but work in Chandler) I noticed the name of your apartments...I only work a little bit from there (Alma School and Chandler Blvd)! Can I get an invite??? Just KIDDING! Have a wonderful time planning and experiencing your wedding! You will make a beautiful bride!

We are totally doing the groom cap for DF, he has a big head anyway so I know he won't want to wear the ears. I'm planning on getting the bridal ears, even though I know I won't wear them the whole time. We'll do the buttons though for sure. I like the idea of the pink cap too, I might have to look into that!

Great website, very cool idea for you guests!!

Again thank you for being such a sweetheart. It's too bad we're missing each other so close on our honeymoons! It would be great to run into you guys in Disney!

I am just now catching up on your PJ. It's great! I really love your dress. I tried that one on but I think it was really not good on me b/c I am VERY short...only 5'. You look great in it though! I love your plans so far!

your website is so great! i love mac!!!

I pride myself in being a mac baby ever since they switched to OS X, way back in 2002. Macs are bliss!

I love your wedding website. It looks fabulous, and very informative for your guests. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for looking. I wish we could take credit, but iWeb really makes everything a snap. I guess we can take credit for the content.

Your website is great! I think your wedding plans are awesome! I love Aunt Chilada's!!!! (I live in Queen Creek, but work in Chandler) I noticed the name of your apartments...I only work a little bit from there (Alma School and Chandler Blvd)! Can I get an invite??? Just KIDDING! Have a wonderful time planning and experiencing your wedding! You will make a beautiful bride!

Ooooo, you are really close by. It really is a small world after all. Don't you just love the weather right now? These next few months are going to be beautiful.

I am just now catching up on your PJ. It's great! I really love your dress. I tried that one on but I think it was really not good on me b/c I am VERY short...only 5'. You look great in it though! I love your plans so far!

Thanks so much for stopping in with a compliment. I will be sure to take my camera to the next fitting so I can show all of you a more complete look.

We are totally doing the groom cap for DF, he has a big head anyway so I know he won't want to wear the ears. I'm planning on getting the bridal ears, even though I know I won't wear them the whole time. We'll do the buttons though for sure. I like the idea of the pink cap too, I might have to look into that!

Great website, very cool idea for you guests!!

Again thank you for being such a sweetheart. It's too bad we're missing each other so close on our honeymoons! It would be great to run into you guys in Disney!

Cool that you are making the groom cap with MM ears too. Are you doing it the same way mhcueball2 described on that website? I showed it to DF and he wants to figure out a way to do it without the scrap metal on the inside of the hat. We understand the need for it in order to keep the ears standing up, but we are trying to think of other possibilities. And he doesn't seem so concerned about having them be removable, so maybe we can come up with another way to do it. I tried searching for other posts about how other people did this for the groom MM ears, but I didn't find anything. I guess I'll keep searching. In the meantime, I bought some sheer white fabric that has little foil sparkle bits on it. I will figure out some way to fashion that on mine as a veil.

I didn't even realize that we are arriving for our honeymoon the same day you are leaving. That is sad. I would like to meet you too. It's ok though, I am sure we will continue to "run into" each other on these boards.

61 days to go. Two months from now we will be getting married. Aaahhhh! It is coming up rather quick. So much to do in so little time. And I keep adding stuff. DF actually had a sit down talk with me yesterday about how I need to start scaling back on all the new stuff I’m coming up with. He’s worried we won’t get it all done. Little does he know that I am willing to pull all nighters on some of these weekends if I need to. It will get done.

So, we went on the hunt for large clothespins this weekend. We went to Michaels and nearby scrapbook store. The only ones we could find were the 9-12 inch ones, not the smaller 6 inch ones. I like the 9-12 inch ones for signs on our guest book table and favor table, but not for every table the guests are to be seated at. So, I turned to the internet. If you are on the hunt for these, it’s better to use the term “oversized clothespin” rather than “large clothespin.” I found them several places, including joanns.com. So, I decided instead of ordering though them, I should go to the store and avoid shipping.

But then I got to thinking, these were ending up more expensive than I expected. And there were these super cheap card holders that Oriental Trading company sells that we could paint to match our colors.

tableletterholder.jpg

I think they are great. So, I ordered them instead. I had a coupon code for free shipping if I spent a certain amount, so I added some other fun stuff too. I am getting the gown and tux buttermints, the cheap blue garter to be used as my throwing garter, and some confetti for the tables. I also purchased our Halloween trick-or-treat candy through them.

We picked up some large wooden letters at Michaels so that we can spell out “I DO” on the cake table. We found some paint that seems to match our colors pretty well. And we picked up some ribbon for the favors.

We are making hot cocoa cones for favors. Kind of like these:

cocoacone2.jpg

We splurged a couple weeks ago and bought several flavors of Ghirardelli hot chocolate when it was on sale at World Market. I ordered the cone bags from bagsandbowsonline.com for a great price. Now we just need to find some sprinkles we like, buy marshmallows, and design some labels. With the use of a funnel, it shouldn’t be too hard to assemble them. I think these are great favors for a December wedding without being too Christmasy.

And the list goes on…

We have continued to receive our RSVPs. Going to the mailbox has been a nice little moment in our days. I hope they continue to roll in.

I think I have chosen my earrings from emitations.com.

pealdropearrings.gif

Did I mention that I have two holes in each earlobe? I thought I would wear these in the lower hole and then get some really small round-cut cz studs for the other hole. These pearl earrings are on backorder, but I wrote the company an e-mail. They seem to think there will be no problem getting them to me by December. I will keep my eye out for back up earrings just in case.

I found the garter I want (to keep, not to throw) from annsbridalbargains.com.

garter.jpg

I am just trying to find something else I might need from that website so I can justify paying so much on shipping. I can’t find this garter anywhere else. So I might just need to suck it up and pay for the horrendous shipping charges.

We have come up with an idea for all the immediate families and parents to meet. Yep, we’re getting married and none of the parents have met. There have been times that they have tried to meet, but it never worked out. So, we thought it would be nice to spend the Thursday before the wedding having dinner and then heading to Zoo Lights at the Phoenix Zoo. We went last year and really enjoyed ourselves. It doesn’t matter what city you are in, Zoo Lights is always fun. Here in AZ it’s just chilly enough to enjoy a cup of hot cocoa and the holiday atmosphere without feeling frozen. We are members at our zoo, so it wouldn’t cost too much if we purchased the tickets in advance. I am going to approach my mom about this and see if she would want to arrange it. I figure everyone can be invited via cute holiday cards with Christmas lights on them. I am not sure all the children (my two brothers, my sister, his two brothers, his two stepsisters) will be in town this early, but I believe all the parents will. I think this could be a really good way for everyone to hang out and get to know each other without the pressure of the wedding.

I made the reservations at the hotel near the location we are getting married. It’s a 30-45 minute drive from our apartment, so we didn’t want to do that on the day of the wedding. Plus, by staying the night before at the Hilton resort, we are able to have the photographer come and take photos of us in the really nice rooms while we get ready. And then we can step out onto the beautiful resort grounds and have some of the photos taken there. I had to call a lot of phone number to verify that we were allowed to do this. Since we weren’t actually getting married at the resort, I wanted to make sure we were able to walk around in our wedding attire for photos on the grounds. Finally I spoke to the right person and she verified it would ok because we were guests. I booked our rooms right away. Mike and I will spend the night before the wedding apart. Then his groomsmen will meet him in his room to get ready and my bridesmaids will meet me in my room. I got us each suites (mine is a little bigger than his) which didn’t cost too much considering we’re only there for one night.

Now I am trying to figure out the timing of everything. The guests will start arriving at 11am. We figure our ceremony will start sometime between 11:15am-11:30am. We want our photographer to take most of the wedding party and bride & groom photos before the ceremony at the Hilton. But we also need to make sure we check out of the Hilton before we go to the ceremony. Maybe I can have my parents check us out of the hotel while we’re getting photos done. That way they can go to the reception location early and make sure everything is set up nicely.

I also made reservations for a rental car for the weekend. I know that most brides dream of a limo or a classic car (or maybe even a pumpkin coach) for their weddings, but we’re not really like that. Plus, the hotel is only about a block up the street from the wedding location. And the wedding and the reception are at the same place. So, hiring a limo for that many hours just so it could take us a block down the road, wait for a few hours, and then take us home - well, it didn’t really make sense. We thought about just sticking with our own car, but I wanted to treat DF to something fun. So, I booked us a Ford Mustang. I got a great rate too. And he gets to play with it the whole weekend. We’ll pick it up on Friday morning and then we’ll drive it to the airport as we are leaving for WDW on Monday morning. That saves us in shuttle costs as well. I think it really makes sense for us and it will be a lot of fun.

I also ordered our paper lanterns. I was torn about the paper lanterns. I couldn’t decide if I wanted colored lanterns or white lanterns. The patio we’re going to be on has a big white tent over it during the month of December. So, while we are getting married in the late morning / early afternoon, the tent blocks some of the daylight. So, I definitely wanted paper lanterns. The coordinator from our location said it would be fine as long as they are battery operated. This caveat kind of limited our options. I chose white ones because I think they look better than the colored battery operated lanterns. After I chose white, I was going back and forth about the sizes. Did I want all different shapes and sizes? The only problem there is that the different shapes I wanted weren’t made by the same manufacturer, so they could have looked really different from each other in person. Or did I want two different sizes of round ones? But the bigger ones were prohibitively more expensive. So I finally just decided on getting the smaller 8-inch round ones. Our location coordinator recommended purchasing 20 for good coverage and (4 lanterns hanging from 5 rows). I ordered 25 so that the rows of lanterns can be offset from each other (4, 5, 4, 5, 4) plus a few extra for wherever else needs a little something. It may seem like a lot, but I ended up getting them from asianideas.com for $82 including shipping (totaled to $3.28/lantern after shipping). Now I am on the hunt for super cheap AA batteries. Who knows what I am going to do with all of these after the wedding? Maybe I’ll try to sell them on craigslist or ebay or something. If any of you need 25 white paper lanterns for your wedding in January or later, let me know. I’m sure we can work something out.

I spoke to my mom about Bride & Groom MM ears dilemma. She thought that I should just try to buy the normal MM ears caps. Then I can detach the ears, stick the round MM cap on the inside of the groom baseball cap for support, and then reattach the ears through the groom baseball cap and the MM cap underneath with rivets. Yeah, she’s crafty like that. Did I mention that she used to work at Michaels? And she was always a volunteer parent in charge of school holiday crafts. I don’t know if this plan will work, but I’m sure going to try it. I need to get some ears off ebay. I will post photos when I figure it out.

wow! so much to do!!! i'm like you, i keep adding things as well...i'm in nj right now, and mark threw back to tx yesterday, so i went to michaels today and stocked up so he won't know...i LOVE the mustang idea, that is so cool! i don't blame you for wanting to ditch the limo idea!

WOW lots of updates!

Ok, so we aren't doing the same groom cap thing. We weren't even thinking of ears, he was just giong to wear the cap like it is. HOW do you attach ears?? I'm intrigued....I never would have thought of that!!

And, I was so going to do those cocoa cones. I had planned on it all along but my mom kinda helped talk me out of it, I'm just afraid I wouldnt get it done in time. I may end up doing a few, just for family/wedding party favors just because I LOVE the idea still. But 150 of them is just too much I think, in the amt of time I have to do it.

LOVE the earrings. I also have 2 holes and was trying to figure out whether or not to wear a small earring, or not. I don't want it to look funny, just the
2nd hole showing...but very small ones would prob work.

Um...I can't remember what else I was going to say...but WOW are we getting CLOSE! It's crazy.

Oh yeah..you are so ahead of me, we haven't even mailed our invites yet! :eek: They will be out hopefully this week though. ugh. so behind.

Everything is coming together! It will be here before you know it!

I have two holes in one ear and I am planning on wearing either a clear or red crystal MM post. Right now I have the clear crystal ones and lime green crystal ones. When I am down in WDW in November I am going to pick up red ones. They are very tiny and I think this would be perfect for my second hole. My girls will be in red which is why I am deciding between either red or clear crystal. MY DF has a hole in one ear and he wears a MM post every day. His is not a crystal but a MM face (I bought these the first time we were down in Disney in 1997). I took a pair and split them so he wears one and I wear one - but being a girl I switch off and wear other things as well.

Just a suggestion if you want a part of MM with you on your wedding day.

Linda

i have the two hole dilema as well, but my second hole is so close to my first hole, that i'm not able to really wear two pairs, i'm going to try though, i'm going to wear pearl drop earrings in my first hole and then pearl and diamond earrings in my second, we'll see how it works out...

wow! so much to do!!! i'm like you, i keep adding things as well...i'm in nj right now, and mark threw back to tx yesterday, so i went to michaels today and stocked up so he won't know...i LOVE the mustang idea, that is so cool! i don't blame you for wanting to ditch the limo idea!

Wow, going to michaels without your DF - that is sneaky. My DF likes to be involved (especially with the crafty stuff), so I don't think he would like it if I went to michaels without him. I am taking a little break from michaels until we get everything we've already purchased done. After that maybe I can add some more to my list. The mustang will be so fun and it will make for some great photos. I just hope we get a good color. I called when I was making the reservation and I wasn't allowed to request a color. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I think I like most of the colors anyway.

WOW lots of updates!

Ok, so we aren't doing the same groom cap thing. We weren't even thinking of ears, he was just giong to wear the cap like it is. HOW do you attach ears?? I'm intrigued....I never would have thought of that!!

And, I was so going to do those cocoa cones. I had planned on it all along but my mom kinda helped talk me out of it, I'm just afraid I wouldnt get it done in time. I may end up doing a few, just for family/wedding party favors just because I LOVE the idea still. But 150 of them is just too much I think, in the amt of time I have to do it.

LOVE the earrings. I also have 2 holes and was trying to figure out whether or not to wear a small earring, or not. I don't want it to look funny, just the
2nd hole showing...but very small ones would prob work.

Um...I can't remember what else I was going to say...but WOW are we getting CLOSE! It's crazy.

Oh yeah..you are so ahead of me, we haven't even mailed our invites yet! :eek: They will be out hopefully this week though. ugh. so behind.

Everything is coming together! It will be here before you know it!

The cocoa cones will be a little time consuming. I'm hoping I don't need to make more than 75 of them. But I think it will be totally worth it. And I can sit down and do it while Dancing with the Stars is on. Well, during the commercials anyway. I don't think you should leave your second hole empty. You never know if that would show up in a photo. When my earrings come in, I'll be sure to take a picture with both of them in so everyone can see how it looks. From what I've read on your PJ, you have mailed your invites. Congrats. It will all start feeling a bit more real with those RSVPs.

I have two holes in one ear and I am planning on wearing either a clear or red crystal MM post. Right now I have the clear crystal ones and lime green crystal ones. When I am down in WDW in November I am going to pick up red ones. They are very tiny and I think this would be perfect for my second hole. My girls will be in red which is why I am deciding between either red or clear crystal. MY DF has a hole in one ear and he wears a MM post every day. His is not a crystal but a MM face (I bought these the first time we were down in Disney in 1997). I took a pair and split them so he wears one and I wear one - but being a girl I switch off and wear other things as well.

Just a suggestion if you want a part of MM with you on your wedding day.

Linda

Ooooo, I do like this idea. I have been browsing ebay for them. It all depends on how small they are. I love mickey and all, but I want the main focus to be the pearl-drop earrings. I might just get a pair or two for the kick off dinner or open house though. Thanks.

I love the earrings!

Thanks. They called me yesterday and said that they are getting them in at the end of November. I think they should be able to ship them to me by December 16th. I have to call them back and let them know what I want them to do. I might pay more for shipping just to make sure they get here early. I hope they work. They are exactly what I was looking for.

i have the two hole dilema as well, but my second hole is so close to my first hole, that i'm not able to really wear two pairs, i'm going to try though, i'm going to wear pearl drop earrings in my first hole and then pearl and diamond earrings in my second, we'll see how it works out...

What do your pearl drop earrings look like? You should post a photo to your PJ. I thought about wearing a pearl stuf in my second hole, but I was too worried about the pearl studs matching the pearls in the drop earrings. I do like the idea though. I hope it works for you.

Our photographer posted some of the photos from our engagement session to her blog. I love them. And these are only her favorites from the session. I thought I would share some of them.

Engagement1.jpg

Engagement2.jpg

Engagement4.jpg

Engagement5.jpg

Engagement6.jpg

Engagement9.jpg

Engagement10.jpg

Engagement11.jpg

Engagement12.jpg

Engagement14.jpg

Engagement15.jpg

Engagement17.jpg

Engagement18.jpg

Engagement20.jpg

Hopefully the rest of them will be viewable online for me to see later today. I will post some more if there are others that I like.

Has anyone told you you look like Piper Perabo, the chick from Coyote Ugly, Because I Said So, and Cheaper By the Dozen, those are probably the most popular movies she has been in. Awesome engagement photos, btw.

you're pics are great!!! i love them! you are both beautiful!!!

my df doesn't like michaels, hates it actually and he hates when i go there because i spend too much money, so it's ok that i sneakily went there w/o him...

i'll post a pic of all my jewelry tonight...

Your e-pics are goooorgeous, I'm jealous! I think the outfits you picked out are perfect, I love the casual look!

We got our favor tags from myownlabels.com. They have SO much and aren't too bad price wise. Good luck...did I tell you I was going to do the cocoa cones? I LOVE that idea, still. So cool.

Your e-pics are goooorgeous, I'm jealous! I think the outfits you picked out are perfect, I love the casual look!

We got our favor tags from myownlabels.com. They have SO much and aren't too bad price wise. Good luck...did I tell you I was going to do the cocoa cones? I LOVE that idea, still. So cool.

where did you guys get the cone bags for the hot cocoa? i think i'm going to do that too...

Has anyone told you you look like Piper Perabo, the chick from Coyote Ugly, Because I Said So, and Cheaper By the Dozen, those are probably the most popular movies she has been in. Awesome engagement photos, btw.

Wow! That is a really nice compliment. She is so naturally pretty. She is one of those girls that can stand out without a ton of make-up. Thank you so much.

you're pics are great!!! i love them! you are both beautiful!!!

my df doesn't like michaels, hates it actually and he hates when i go there because i spend too much money, so it's ok that i sneakily went there w/o him...

i'll post a pic of all my jewelry tonight...

Thanks a bunch for the compliment. We looked at the rest of the ones our photographer posted and those ones are still my favorite. I'm glad you all like them too.

Yes, we definitely needed to do casual. The outfits worked out great for the black and white photos. I am checking into that website for labels. Thanks for posting it.

where did you guys get the cone bags for the hot cocoa? i think i'm going to do that too...

I got mine from bagsandbowsonline.com. I think you have to order 100 minimum though. There are tons of sellers on ebay that sell them for pretty reasonable prices in smaller quantities. They are called pastry bags or cone bags. They even sell them at walmart.

So I had my final fitting over the weekend. Basically she insisted on doing a fitting to see if the hem was right before she cut the extra fabric off. Makes sense to me. I think it turned out quite all right. Here’s two photos:

FittedDressFront.jpg

FittedDressBack.jpg

We met with the consultant at our wedding location. We needed to hammer out some details. Our tablecloths are going to be floor-length white ones with a slate blue overlay and white napkins. The slate blue practically matches the cornflower blue from our wedding party. With the white wooden chairs, I think this will be lovely. They centerpieces will be startgazer lilies and blue delphiniums. We will have small white votive candles and white and opalescent heart confetti as well. I am happy that the blue will be the emphasized color. Everything else we do from here on out as far as the details and such will be in the other colors (wild orchid or clover).

Speaking of which – we started painting our table number holders. We decided to paint the flowers orchid, the centers will be light yellow, and the stems will be green.

tablenumberholders1.jpg

I will be sure to post photos when we are done. I also purchased all of the supplies for the place cards via paper-souce.com. I decided on yellow tents and white punched flowers with green leaves attached with yellow snap eyelets. I think they will look great on the blue and white tables.

Here is our wedding menu:
Tossed Salad with Various Dressings
Mesquite Grilled Chicken Fajita Station
Mesquite Grilled Chicken Pechugas (kind of like an enchilada but better)
Taco & Tostada Bar
Rice
Beans
Flour and Corn Chips with Salsa de Olivo
Sopapillas
Soda, Iced Tea, Water
Beer, Wine, Margaritas

Yummy! That’s all I have to say. But now that I look at it, is that too much chicken? Mike and I like chicken. We were vegetarians for several years before we met and we only recently went back to eating meat last year. And chicken is practically the only meat we eat. The taco & tostada bar will have taco meat and such. But maybe I should make the fajitas half chicken and half steak. I’ll have to get a cost estimate on that. I can’t change the pechugas because they only come in chicken. We thought about cutting out the sopapillas because there will be wedding cake. But who can go to a mexican restaurant and not eat sopapillas? They are the best excuse to eat honey.

I need to make another appointment with the place that is doing our cake. We might be changing our mind about the design. Plus, we haven’t tasted the flavor we think we want. This is kind of an ordeal because they won’t make any appointments on weekends. And the last appointment time on weekdays is 4:15pm. Not to mention that it’s 45 minutes away (it’s really close to the reception site). So, basically, Mike and I both have to take a couple hours off of work. It seems like a lot of cake places here are like that.

I am trying to decide if I want to buy a cake serving set. It just kind of strikes me as something we don’t really need. I don’t need to store a cake knife and server as a keepsake for the decades to come. You know? There are only a few wedding keepsakes I want to have forever. A cake server set does not strike me as one of them. However, we do have a cake/pie server and knife that came with our mickey mouse silverware. They're not as big as they typical cake server and knives. But we already own them and they are nice. What do you think?

MMCakeServer.jpg

It seems that I never posted the ribbon we found. The blue and orchid have kind of a sheen to them. We couldn't find anything in the right color of green, so we decided to skip it and add thin white. These ribbons will be used on the cocoa cones and anywhere else we need them.

Ribbon.jpg

Only 48 days to go. I'm off to count the RSVPs we've gotten so far.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter