Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Doing research for June, 2024. Is there a difference between Standard view and Resort view at the Beach club (non-DVC)? Thanks!

Last spring Disney announced they were redoing the room categories & combining Garden View & Standard View into a new “Resort View” category. So if you book a resort view room, you could get a room that was previously classified as standard view, or 1 that was previously garden view.

I booked Resort View for our YC trip last week, and was very disappointed that it was overlooking parking area. I stopped at the front desk and asked to see if they could find something better when we arrived, and ended up in a very nice room (1071). Key is to be polite but persistant, and they may be able to switch it for you, if there is availability.

Well, I finally got caught up on the thread. Haven’t been on much due to … well let’s say life has been rough. But it’s the holidays, and time to start thinking of the New Year. We did cheat and stay at BC Nov 27 & 28 (mostly to see Ann-Margret) and it was a nice relaxing stay. I just realized I hadn’t given the end date of our stay next year, so next time you’re updating the BOG list, it is Sept 23- Oct 1. Sis and I will be joined by a friend. She’s very excited since she has always wanted to stay at BC. We haven’t told her it will be club level, but will tell her as time gets a little closer.
Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday season!

We arrive tomorrow and are very excited. We probably won't be arriving at the hotel until 8:30 or 9 pm. I am hoping we'll be able to swim, long travel day stuck on planes and in airports means my son will need to move around or he'll not be able to sleep. I hope SAB will be open until 11pm but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

I think feature pool hours across property are back to their fall/winter 10pm closings, if I’m not mistaken.

We arrive tomorrow and are very excited. We probably won't be arriving at the hotel until 8:30 or 9 pm. I am hoping we'll be able to swim, long travel day stuck on planes and in airports means my son will need to move around or he'll not be able to sleep. I hope SAB will be open until 11pm but I guess we'll find out tomorrow!

SAB likely closes at 10pm, especially since the weather has been iffy. However, the quiet pools are open much later, so you still have a swim option even if you get there after SAB has closed.

SAB likely closes at 10pm, especially the weather has been iffy. However, the quiet pools are open much later, so you still have a swim option even if you get there after SAB has closed.
Oh right, the quiet pools! I forget about those :) thank you!!

Had a 3 night stay at YC last week in a standard room. Room was ready early afternoon and was near the lobby as requested. Fun started when I entered the musty smelling room, something I have never encountered at Disney. I tried running heat, tried running AC, tried running nothing to make it go away but nothing helped. Decided to make the best of it and ignore it until I had time to ask the front desk to change the filter as that was all that could be done short of moving rooms. That evening I tried to get into the shower & the door was jammed, wouldn't open more than a few inches. Bad timing as I had an ADR to make. Quickly dressed* and threw my shower stuff into a bag to shower at the pool and went down to tell the front desk (*I feel that was a necessary detail, I promise I was not standing at the front desk in a towel :rotfl2: ). When I told them about the shower I also requested they have the filter changed as the room smelled musty. They offered me a nearby room to shower in, told me normally they wouldn't be able to do that but it was slow. I saw the engineering person in my room later with a new filter and he had all sorts of stuff out trying to work on that shower door. When I returned from dinner the room still smelled musty but the shower door worked. When I used the shower the next day a mold smell started coming out of the drain when I started running the water so that was icky. Didn't smell when the shower wasn't running and I only needed to shower once more after that so I figured the next person can gripe about it.

While some will say I should be grateful they offered me another room to shower in I was a little take aback they didn't offer any sort of credit for the inconvenience or even so much as an apology. I did not request to change rooms because the room a couple doors down where they let me shower was also musty smelling, no point in moving from one musty smelling room to another. I will not be returning to YC for the forseable future. That room smell (and the smell when running the shower) makes it appear the hotel is cheapening out on proper maintance & the lack of caring by the CM & front desk manager looking person (who was hovering over the CM during my convo) did not meet my expectations for the price point YC demands.

I'm sad. I really wanted to like it since on the surface it has a more updated feel to me than BC/BWI after their mediocre refurbs but no dice.

Had a 3 night stay at YC last week in a standard room. Room was ready early afternoon and was near the lobby as requested. Fun started when I entered the musty smelling room, something I have never encountered at Disney. I tried running heat, tried running AC, tried running nothing to make it go away but nothing helped. Decided to make the best of it and ignore it until I had time to ask the front desk to change the filter as that was all that could be done short of moving rooms. That evening I tried to get into the shower & the door was jammed, wouldn't open more than a few inches. Bad timing as I had an ADR to make. Quickly dressed* and threw my shower stuff into a bag to shower at the pool and went down to tell the front desk (*I feel that was a necessary detail, I promise I was not standing at the front desk in a towel :rotfl2: ). When I told them about the shower I also requested they have the filter changed as the room smelled musty. They offered me a nearby room to shower in, told me normally they wouldn't be able to do that but it was slow. I saw the engineering person in my room later with a new filter and he had all sorts of stuff out trying to work on that shower door. When I returned from dinner the room still smelled musty but the shower door worked. When I used the shower the next day a mold smell started coming out of the drain when I started running the water so that was icky. Didn't smell when the shower wasn't running and I only needed to shower once more after that so I figured the next person can gripe about it.

While some will say I should be grateful they offered me another room to shower in I was a little take aback they didn't offer any sort of credit for the inconvenience or even so much as an apology. I did not request to change rooms because the room a couple doors down where they let me shower was also musty smelling, no point in moving from one musty smelling room to another. I will not be returning to YC for the forseable future. That room smell (and the smell when running the shower) makes it appear the hotel is cheapening out on proper maintance & the lack of caring by the CM & front desk manager looking person (who was hovering over the CM during my convo) did not meet my expectations for the price point YC demands.

I'm sad. I really wanted to like it since on the surface it has a more updated feel to me than BC/BWI after their mediocre refurbs but no dice.
What a horrible experience. I’m so sorry that you encountered that and that the hotel did not remedy the situation properly at all.

I have vented my frustrations on this board about what I experienced at the YC CL when I stayed on Oct/Nov 2023. In 2022 I had to change the bottom rubber piece of the shower door since it was facing the wrong way allowing the shower room to stay open about 1/2 inch which allowed water to pool in the bathroom floor. I called downstairs but they to not respond in time so I did it myself. I knew it was wrong because it was the same room I had in 2019 and it was wrong then so I just put towels on the floor. I figured they had three years to fix it and didn’t. I don’t want to discourage anyone to not go to any Disney resorts but it is becoming more of a problem with the rooms, maintenance and with me the CL food. Hopefully things are about to change. I look forward to Jemtx and others to give their updates when they arrive.

I have vented my frustrations on this board about what I experienced at the YC CL when I stayed on Oct/Nov 2023. In 2022 I had to change the bottom rubber piece of the shower door since it was facing the wrong way allowing the shower room to stay open about 1/2 inch which allowed water to pool in the bathroom floor. I called downstairs but they to not respond in time so I did it myself. I knew it was wrong because it was the same room I had in 2019 and it was wrong then so I just put towels on the floor. I figured they had three years to fix it and didn’t. I don’t want to discourage anyone to not go to any Disney resorts but it is becoming more of a problem with the rooms, maintenance and with me the CL food. Hopefully things are about to change. I look forward to Jemtx and others to give their updates when they arrive.
That is so discouraging to hear. I’ve always gotten the vibe that YC/BC is not managed as well as CR. Luckily I never encountered major problems that needed remediation, but I did encounter some rude staff there. I have encountered a few things wrong in a couple of rooms at CR, but to their credit, there was always a quick and proper response.
Now I’m feeling really apprehensive about my upcoming trip. Unless I end up caving and switching back to my beloved CR, I’ll definitely update everyone.

What a horrible experience. I’m so sorry that you encountered that and that the hotel did not remedy the situation properly at all.
And that was only the stuff that was the hotel’s fault! The people above me held 2am luggage roll-a-thons and then had a 6am wake up call for the kids to run around the room all 3 mornings- but I won’t blame a hotel for guest behavior! (What in the world were they doing rolling that dang luggage all around at 2am? How did their kids function on such minimal sleep day after day? These were some of the deep life questions I pondered in the early morning hours of my vacay 🤣)

That is so discouraging to hear. I’ve always gotten the vibe that YC/BC is not managed as well as CR. Luckily I never encountered major problems that needed remediation, but I did encounter some rude staff there. I have encountered a few things wrong in a couple of rooms at CR, but to their credit, there was always a quick and proper response.
Now I’m feeling really apprehensive about my upcoming trip. Unless I end up caving and switching back to my beloved CR, I’ll definitely update everyone.
Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Hopefully the CL rooms are in better shape, and many of them are top floor so no neighbors above you!

Sorry to be a Debbie downer. Hopefully the CL rooms are in better shape, and many of them are top floor so no neighbors above you!
Yeah, the no neighbors above is a plus. I can’t believe what you had to deal with on your trip 😔 The hotel can’t control guest behavior, but I can’t believe the gall of some people to be so inconsiderate when they are at a hotel.
I’ve often thought that the YC/BC rooms are not well-insulated for sound.

I’ve often thought that the YC/BC rooms are not well-insulated for sound.
Totally agree with this. It didn't used to be so bad prior to the renovations in 2017 at the YC, but since then we've found the rooms can be pretty loud. At least they added the soft close feature to the barn doors and shower/toilet room doors. Right after the renovation they didn't have that and all night long we could hear those doors slamming next to, and above us (would have probably been below too but that floor was still being renovated)! Now if only they can do something about the toilet flushing noise from the rooms above, I don't know how those got so loud after the renovation but it's kind of ridiculous. Noise cancelling headphones have become my best friend during trips there!

Now if only they can do something about the toilet flushing noise from the rooms above, I don't know how those got so loud after the renovation but it's kind of ridiculous
That is due to the new high pressure / low flow toilets. To save a tiny bit of water, the toilets new have been redesigned to use less than 1.6 GP per flush.

Dave

That is due to the new high pressure / low flow toilets. To save a tiny bit of water, the toilets new have been redesigned to use less than 1.6 GP per flush.

Dave
Ahhh, that makes sense. Have those not been installed at other resorts during their refurbs? The YC seems so much louder than any of the other ones we've stayed in.

Ahhh, that makes sense. Have those not been installed at other resorts during their refurbs? The YC seems so much louder than any of the other ones we've stayed in.
I bet Aulani has them. We loved 95% of the things about our stay, but we had to make a rule to “let the yellow mellow” until 7AM because the toilet was the world’s worst alarm clock.

Had a 3 night stay at YC last week in a standard room. Room was ready early afternoon and was near the lobby as requested. Fun started when I entered the musty smelling room, something I have never encountered at Disney.
Was this a room on the ground floor? We had a musty smelling room at the YC that was on the ground floor. We didn't ask to be moved, either, because it was in a very convenient location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter