Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We have a reservation June 9-18 at the GF. I was thinking of switching over to YC/BC, but saw
that SAB is closed until May.

What do you think the odds are that it will be open by June 9. Love YC/BC but terrified the
refurbishment will run over and then we will be left with just the quiet pools.

We have a reservation June 9-18 at the GF. I was thinking of switching over to YC/BC, but saw
that SAB is closed until May.

What do you think the odds are that it will be open by June 9. Love YC/BC but terrified the
refurbishment will run over and then we will be left with just the quiet pools.
I am pretty sure SAB closing is on Jan 2025 for 5 months until May 2025. You should be good.

Last edited:

We just got back from our BCV stay last night. The first floor construction is finished and guests arrived in those rooms over the weekend. The only thing left is the bathroom behind the concierge desk(in progress). We saw two groups of WDW management by the Dunes Cove pool on two different days and both said the construction on the pool would finally start on Oct. 30. That being said there was not one reminder posted or a mass phone message that this would be starting. They did say that it was for resurfacing and that it should really only take 3 weeks. We'll see.

This was our first stay in a newly remodeled 1 bdrm and we really liked the new color scheme and back to the Disney touches like the Donald pictures and pattern on the curtains. The Murphy bed was very comfortable and was so easy to put up so you could use the couch. If anyone has any questions while I still remember ask away.

I stopped by BC today and asked if they have anything going on for Halloween. They gave me a flyer.

Halloween poolside activities
Stormalong Bay
12:30 pm
Play Disney Villain-themed poolside games with the entire family!

Mickey Tie-Dye ($)
Get creative with a Disney twist on this arts and crafts favorite!
3:30 pm to 4:30 pm

Halloween Campfire
Shipwreck Beach at BC
6:30 pm to 7:30 pm
Experience the warm glow of the campfire with complimentary marshmallows! Smores kits available for purchase. ($)

Crescent Lake Trick or Treat Trail
Around Crescent Lake
7:30 to 9:30 pm
Make your way around Crescent Lake to enjoy a trick-or-treat trail inspired by Disney villains!

Decorate Your Own Pumpkin ($)
Volleyball court
7:30 pm to 9:30 pm

Costume Parade
Beginning at the campfire at Shipwreck Beach at BC
8:00 pm

Movie Under the Stars: Descendants
Shipwreck Beach at BC
8:00 pm

random question if you are on the 3rd or 4th floor in yacht beach club are the stairs easily accessible sometimes dont have patience for elevators I know club level you would need to take elevator

I am here now on the 5th floor now, and the wait time for an elevator is less than 30 seconds. It’s not that crowded for Halloween. The parks are busy but the resort does not seem to have the crowds as in previous years.

random question if you are on the 3rd or 4th floor in yacht beach club are the stairs easily accessible sometimes dont have patience for elevators I know club level you would need to take elevator
Yes, there are multiple stair cases throughout both Yacht Club and Beach Club Resorts. Your room won't be far from at least one staircase. Depending on which staircase you are using and the time of day, you may need to use your key card or magic band to get back into the stairwell from the outside.

Just came back from our first stay at Yacht Club and my oh my did this resort rocket to the top of my list. We had a resort view room (sorry for no pictures, not much of a view as you are just looking at trees) that was a short walk to everything. The pool is incredible, the staff is great - we even became friends with our housekeeping ladies - and being able to walk to 2 parks is tough to beat. This was our first deluxe stay and I completely get the hype. We will be back!

There are plenty of staircases that lead to the outside at both resorts. The exception is the rooms above the big, flat roof that covers the restaurants and other service areas. The staircase in this area is open to the third floor for guests to use. Then second and ground floor of this staircase is in the service area.

Last edited:
There are plenty of staircases that lead to the outside at both resorts. The exception is the rooms above the big, flat roof that covers the restaurants and other service areas. They do not have a staircase to the ground floor.
How do people get out in an emergency when the elevators can't be used?

They would need to walk down the hall to a stairwell in the other wing.
Thanks. Makes total sense. The other poster's wording had me thinking that that section was cut off somehow. I've mostly had gazebo view at Yacht and quiet pool view at Beach. Although once, back when the deluxe rooms at Beach Club still came with club access, we had to travel through an interior maze of sorts to get from our room to the club lounge, so I was thinking possibly there was an area where no escape was possible. I'm glad that's not the case.

How do people get out in an emergency when the elevators can't be used?
The stairs that are above the service areas are open to the third floor for guests. Then you would exit and go to another staircase to get outside. But the staircase doesn't end at the third floor. If you open the stairwell door on the second floor you will see cast members at work. So, if there really was a fire, or other emergency, I'm sure that they will let guests exit through the service areas.

Last edited:
It's room request time for me!
I always overthink this. But, what would YOU request if you were staying at the Beach Club - garden or woods view with your family of 6 in 2 rooms? Kids ages 13,9,6,3. Connecting is top priority, then 2 queens in both rooms. Should I even bother with any other requests?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter