Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So I know Storm Along Bay is a great pool, but I've seen mixed feedback on how it is with younger children because there's just so much pool. So I was hoping to get some thoughts from people who may have visited with kids around 3.5 years.
A 3.5 year old will play in the sand bottom kids pool all day long and never want to leave. There are plenty of loungers and tables to sit at in this area. My daughter was smart and never told her kids about the Pirate slide. They were happy in the sandy bottom pool or riding around the lazy river with parents. SAB is great for parents because the food and beverage service. CM's are there to wait on you. :)

Hello! Please add us to Be Our Guest Dec 1 to Dec 10th. We were at the Contemporary but was finally able to get a room at the yacht club this morning. We have not stayed at the yacht since 2021 so I am excited I miss it!

What is a resort view on touring plans chart is that considered a garden view.

Also are there any resort view room that have a little bit more extra space by some chance I can request with a stroller and a crib things are going to be tight in the room

thank you

Hello

What is a resort view on touring plans chart is that considered a garden view?

There is no known list of the new resort views. Disney’s announcement was that garden & standard view were being combined into resort view. There are maps on page 1 in both the YC & BC posts that show the old garden view & standard view rooms. Those are probably your best way to decide what to request.

Hello

What is a resort view on touring plans chart is that considered a garden view?
There are still separate booking categories for standard and resort view on the WDW website. Until someone reports that they booked a resort view room and were given the lower cost standard view instead, I can't imagine Disney not giving you the room category that you paid for. But then, I'm an optimist. :) The new resort view category is the old garden/woods view category.

There are still separate booking categories for standard and resort view on the WDW website. Until someone reports that they booked a resort view room and were given the lower cost standard view instead, I can't imagine Disney not giving you the room category that you paid for. But then, I'm an optimist. :) The new resort view category is the old garden/woods view category.

Yes, the website still shows separate booking categories. They also show a king bed category. None of those categories ever shows availability to book however. The change was announced earlier this year, so there are people who booked standard or garden for 2023 before the change. They will get what they booked. But for 2024, the only categories you can actually book are resort or water views, even for club level. The resort view category description even includes parking lot view, it’s a combination of the old garden & standard views descriptions, neither of which can be booked now. If you booked resort view, you absolutely can get a view of a parking lot for the same price as a view of gardens.

Last edited:
Yes, the website still shows separate booking categories. They also show a king bed category. None of those categories ever shows availability to book however. The change was announced earlier this year, so there are people who booked standard or garden for 2023 before the change. They will get what they booked. But for 2024, the only categories you can actually book are resort or water views, even for club level. The resort view category description even includes parking lot view, it’s a combination of the old garden & standard views descriptions, neither of which can be booked now. If you booked resort view, you absolutely can get a view of a parking lot for the same price as a view of gardens.
We have a standard view room booked at the Beach Club for our next trip, 11/28-12/2. We booked it on June 15th, so relatively recently. I'll let you know if we actually get a standard view. :)

Last edited:
Random question. We usually stay in a villa but we will be in a single room at yacht club. We have a 2 year old so laundry is def going to have to happen.

What are the prices for bulk laundry at yacht club. I realize there is the option to go by the quiet pool and do laundry myself but I am on vacation lol so wanted to see if bulk laundry pricing is reasonable and if not has anyone ever used a 3rd party outside vendor to pick up and drop off laundry. I heard of poplin was wondering if there was a local orlando place as another alternative

We have a standard view room booked at the Beach Club for our next trip, 11/28-12/2. We booked it on June 15th, so relatively recently. I'll let you know if we actually get a standard view. :)

I’m sure you will. The change was only announced in May, they said it would be phased in. I know standard & garden view were still bookable for several weeks after the announcement, my son & DIL booked standard @ BWI after the announcement. You will get what you booked, that was in the announcement as well. The unfortunate thing is that for those booking now, there is no difference in price between those old standard & garden view rooms. I might have misread the previous post. I was answering for a new booking, not one booked under the old categories. Have a great trip, we arrive December 2!

We are arriving (Yacht Club) on Dec 3, and I made the booking June 15. Our reservation confirmation email states Resort View ( always have chosen Garden View in the past). I think at the time, Standard View may have still appeared, but wasn't showing availability. This reservation was an AP Discounted offer, so I'm not sure if that made any difference. I'm putting in a Tour Plans room request based on their garden view 2 queen bed descriptions, since they haven't changed their room classifications yet. It will really stink if I end up with a parking lot or rooftop view!

The unfortunate thing is that for those booking now, there is no difference in price between those old standard & garden view rooms.
I did a little research on 2024 resort rates and categories for the YC/BC after your post. I checked the rates according to Mousesavers website and the standard category for 2024 is gone. I think I was fooled by the WDW website having a listing for the standard category. It made me think that if you booked a resort view then you wouldn't get the pebble beach aka "standard" view room. That is somewhat of a cheat for people who are familiar with the Beach Club. I really hope they rethink this decision and return the standard view category.

In other news, I called maintenance from our BC room when we were staying there last week. Most of the outlets in our didn't work. The plugs would fall out of the socket. The maintenance guy told me that they have a schedule to replace all the outlets in the BC rooms. He said that it was caused by wear and tear but I think they should have replaced them when they did the room refresh.

Room refresh - The weren't very many changes to the Beach Club room after the recent refresh. They added the glass shower doors to the tub, instead of a curtain. But it still had the same shower head. The YC rooms have a wand shower in addition to the regular shower head and it would have been nice if they did that upgrade to the BC, but they didn't.

There is a single serve Keurig coffee maker and paper coffee cups.

There is a new sofa bed which is the same as the old one - or it is a recovered one, I'm not sure which, but it looks nice. Otherwise, besides some fresh paint and a new desk chair, there isn't much difference between old and new.

Beach Club room 3583 - resort view

Attachments

• IMG_5420.jpeg
    IMG_5420.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_5421.jpeg
    IMG_5421.jpeg
    112.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_5417.jpeg
    IMG_5417.jpeg
    71.4 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_5418.jpeg
    IMG_5418.jpeg
    95.3 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5419.jpeg
    IMG_5419.jpeg
    78.9 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_5422.jpeg
    IMG_5422.jpeg
    80.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5423.jpeg
    IMG_5423.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 52
  • IMG_5424.jpeg
    IMG_5424.jpeg
    83.7 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_5426.jpeg
    IMG_5426.jpeg
    72.4 KB · Views: 75

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter