Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Where is tree Island? We arrive BC tomorrow. Recognize the importance of snakes in our world, but do not wish to see them up close!
It is an area on the pool deck at Stormalong Bay on the Yacht Club side that is completely shaded all day by trees. Some of the more frequent visitors refer to that area as tree island.

It is an area on the pool deck at Stormalong Bay on the Yacht Club side that is completely shaded all day by trees. Some of the more frequent visitors refer to that area as tree island.
Oh, that’s the area where we usually try to sit, when we are at the pool. Hadn’t heard it referred to as tree island. May have to rethink that and find another area .
There was a 6 footer that slithered under our chairs one time at Contemporary. Set me back for weeks.😝

Nice to see you again PC Friar. Hope to see you again before we all head out! Looking forward to seeing Wood Nymph when she arrives on Sunday or soon after.

Btw, there has been a snake in residence over at tree island (spotted twice already in the first two days we were here and I am deathly afraid of snakes) so I don’t think we will be making a pilgrimage to tree island this week.
Nice to see you too and hope you enjoyed your anniversary dinner at Jikos. I’ll swing by again early next week before we leave on Thursday.

Just got back from seeing Taylor Dayne at Epcot. She put on a good show and there was no problem getting a seat. World showcase was not bad for a Saturday night, but we’ll skip the 8:00 show. Evolution Motown was also very good on Thursday.

Nice to see you again PC Friar. Hope to see you again before we all head out! Looking forward to seeing Wood Nymph when she arrives on Sunday or soon after.

Btw, there has been a snake in residence over at tree island (spotted twice already in the first two days we were here and I am deathly afraid of snakes) so I don’t think we will be making a pilgrimage to tree island this week.
We'll be at BC tomorrow (Sunday) morning. We plan to drop our luggage and head to Epcot for lunch at the food booths before heading back to the resort. We'll look for you near your usual table, since tree island seems to be out. ;)

Gosh, that village was so cute. Complete with its own Crew's Cup. I will watch ebay for it. :laughing:
There was so much cute hidden details. It was so charming. I guess gingerbread houses offer more sales opportunities (treats, cookies, etc.) I always loved the BC had the gingerbread carousel and YC had the old-fashioned train set. They were such a nice complement to each other. I’m kinda bummed.

The new gingerbread display is replacing the village / train display. The CM manager who checked us in last week mentioned that the village / train display was being retired with “something new”. I now know what that is.

That’s really unfortunate. It was the so different from all the other resorts. It made the YC stand out. And so fun for kids of all ages to check out
all the different areas. But I guess there is money to be made from selling gingerbread that you can’t get from people just looking at a train. Really really sad about this.

That’s really unfortunate. It was the so different from all the other resorts. It made the YC stand out. And so fun for kids of all ages to check out
all the different areas. But I guess there is money to be made from selling gingerbread that you can get from people just looking at a train. Really really sad about this.
💯

We've been back about a month from our first trip with a toddler, we stayed at AKL and while we loved the resort, it's not some where we want to return for the full length of a trip. The biggest hit for us was honestly pool time, we ended up spending almost every afternoon at the pool and my kiddo has still been asking to go back. We're starting to tentatively plan a trip for next year, thinking September-December and based on how much time we spent at the pool are thinking that Beach Club may be a good option?

So I know Storm Along Bay is a great pool, but I've seen mixed feedback on how it is with younger children because there's just so much pool. So I was hoping to get some thoughts from people who may have visited with kids around 3.5 years.

I was also hoping to get some real feedback about the quick service options since that was our issue with AKL. Since we ended up back at our resort every afternoon we got bored very, very quickly with the food options. Is this an issue at Beach Club or is it easier to find enough options to not feel like you're eating the same things for a week straight?

Thanks!

We've been back about a month from our first trip with a toddler, we stayed at AKL and while we loved the resort, it's not some where we want to return for the full length of a trip. The biggest hit for us was honestly pool time, we ended up spending almost every afternoon at the pool and my kiddo has still been asking to go back. We're starting to tentatively plan a trip for next year, thinking September-December and based on how much time we spent at the pool are thinking that Beach Club may be a good option?

So I know Storm Along Bay is a great pool, but I've seen mixed feedback on how it is with younger children because there's just so much pool. So I was hoping to get some thoughts from people who may have visited with kids around 3.5 years.

I was also hoping to get some real feedback about the quick service options since that was our issue with AKL. Since we ended up back at our resort every afternoon we got bored very, very quickly with the food options. Is this an issue at Beach Club or is it easier to find enough options to not feel like you're eating the same things for a week straight?

Thanks!

FOOD:

Many people complain about the quick service options at the Epcot area resorts. But I think those are people who are expecting "food courts" like what you see at value or moderate resorts. If you are comparing it to AKL, where the only quick service is The Mara, you might be impressed by the quick service options at YC/BC. You have Hurricane Hannah's, Beach Club Marketplace, Market at Ale & Compass, and Ale & Compass Restaurant To Go. You also have Beaches & Cream and Crew's Cup Lounge, which are not quick service but are less fancy than the table service restaurants at AKL.

You also can walk over to Boardwalk, Swan and Dolphin; at AKL you can't walk anywhere. If you download the Swan and Dolphin app, you can look at their menus.

POOL:

I don't have kids, and my nieces and nephews were older than your kid when we first took them. I'm sure others will describe the problems with Stormalong Bay if your child is not a strong swimmer. The resort also has three quiet pools (Yacht Club, Beach Club, Beach Club Villas). If your big draw is a resort's pool, and your child is that young, you might find better options than Beach Club.

I second everything Best Aunt said about the food at BC-so many options within walking distance and if you have a ticket for EPCOT you've all of world showcase into the bargain. As far as the pool -we visited every year for many years until 2020 scuppered plans and my youngest who went from a baby to a teenager has always loved the pool. As a wee one he loved the sandy pool where he played both in the water and on the "sandbar". It was nice and shallow. Also at the bottom of the Pirate Slide there is a really small kiddie slide (sort of behind the stairs for the big slide) that never had more than 1 or 2 others playing at it. He spent hours going up and down that slide aged 3/4/5 until he was confident enough for the jib slide. I would stand in the water to catch him. You do have to be aware that the pool area is large but sure you'd be watching your wee one anyways so it's just a case of finding a spot that works for you.

Thanks!
If food and pool are important to you, I'd suggest the Riviera. The pool is great for little ones. They have an extensive splash pad, and their quick service food is IMO the best on property. You have Skyliner access, though you won't be within walking distance of the parks. I love BC and YC. But we just came back from 5 nights at the Riviera with our 5-year-old, and it's perfect for that age.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter