Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello, it’s probably embedded in here somewhere, but I don’t have the time to sift through everything and I’m hoping somebody can just let me know the current information.
I am trying to figure out if the rooms at the beach club have actual refrigerators, or if they are just “coolers”
I am hoping that they are cold enough to keep medication cold, ideally somewhere around the 36-46°

If not, can one be requested and how often is a request like that granted? Thank you!
Until you get a better answer, here are some threads on the topic, but not Beach Club specific :

All Star Resorts:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/p...er-than-beverage-cooler-in-all-stars.3922555/

Yacht Club:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/s...t-dvc-mini-fridge-or-beverage-cooler.3886239/

Pop Century:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...verage-cooler-like-whats-in-the-room.3881567/

Jambo House studio:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/jambo-house-dvc-studios-mini-fridges-insulin-cooler.3928983/

Grand Floridan studio:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/vgf-resort-studio-cooler-question.3903077/

DVC in general:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/a-rose-or-beverage-cooler-by-any-other-name.3869797/
and
https://www.disboards.com/threads/beverage-cooler-vs-mini-fridge.3846548/

BCV:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/bcv-studio-fridge.3858518/

I am trying to figure out if the rooms at the beach club have actual refrigerators, or if they are just “coolers”
I am hoping that they are cold enough to keep medication cold, ideally somewhere around the 36-46°
Most of the resort rooms have beverage coolers now. We have found them to be cold enough. In fact, some of them have been pretty close to freezing.

Question for anyone in Beach Club room now, or recent visit ( not in villas ).
Does Beach Club provide ceramic mugs for the coffee and tea set up in the the resort rooms?
We stayed at WL ( hotel section) in August, and there were two white mugs in the drawer where tea and coffee supplies are. I had brought my own Humphrey the bear mug, so did not use what was provided, but I thought it was a nice touch. Each hotel may do things differently, but I thought I’d check. We are looking forward to our stay at Beach Club beginning next week, and I am deciding on which themed mugs I should pack, or, if I need to at all.
Again, I’m not asking about the villas side, and I know paper cups are provided in rooms, but I like my one cup of coffee per day in a ceramic mug.
Thank you !

Question for anyone in Beach Club room now, or recent visit ( not in villas ).
Does Beach Club provide ceramic mugs for the coffee and tea set up in the the resort rooms?
We stayed at WL ( hotel section) in August, and there were two white mugs in the drawer where tea and coffee supplies are. I had brought my own Humphrey the bear mug, so did not use what was provided, but I thought it was a nice touch. Each hotel may do things differently, but I thought I’d check. We are looking forward to our stay at Beach Club beginning next week, and I am deciding on which themed mugs I should pack, or, if I need to at all.
Again, I’m not asking about the villas side, and I know paper cups are provided in rooms, but I like my one cup of coffee per day in a ceramic mug.
Thank you !
We just returned from our stay at Beach Club a couple of days ago. We did NOT have ceramic mugs in our room for coffee. The only cups provided were the standard paper cups.

Hey!

Is the quiet pool at BC under construction?
Just wondering because I check in next week and always like to spend my afternoons there. Thanks =)

Hey!

Just wondering because I check in next week and always like to spend my afternoons there. Thanks =)

No, the Beach Club pool (Tidal Pool) will be open next week. The recent discussion was about the the pool for the Beach Club Villas DVC (Dunes Cove) that is now scheduled for resurfacing starting at the end of October.

Here are the published dates: Dunes Cove Pool will undergo resurfacing from Monday October 16, 2023 to Friday December 15, 2023.

ETA: actual dates may be impacted by weather or other factors.

Dave

And updating my own quote about the dates for the BCV pool work. As suspected, Disney has already shifted the dates for the the Dunes Cove Pool. It is now scheduled to begin on Monday October 30, 2023 and reopen"late" December 2023.

Track all scheduled pool concerning the 4 pools at YC/BC and BCV pools: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/beach-club-villas/pools-beach-club-villas/

Note: Reminder that Storm Along Bay feature pool is scheduled to close in January, 2025 and reopen in May 2025.

Dave

Hey!

Deleted. Because my comment was BCV related. But I'll be there tomorrow so fire away with questions!

Last edited:
Hey!

We just returned from a stay at BC last week. The quiet pool was opened during the day, but they were closing it at night. The front desk told me that they were having some issues with the lighting so they were closing it at dark. We found it closed a couple of nights at the beginning of our trip and were told about the lighting, so we stopped checking later in the week. So they may have resolved the issues with it.

Staying in December 2023. Anyone know how to charge a Tesla (EV Charging) at beach club or yacht club? There might be one lvl1 via the valet at yatch. There are also a few spots at the swanky swalphin, but not sure if they are restricted. There’s a lvl2 at Coronado and spots at Springs. Heard they have a row of lvl 1 outlets at VGF (free). The mouse has solar panels to feel good, but doesn’t seem like they have any real EV infrastructure.

Deleted. Because my comment was BCV related. But I'll be there tomorrow so fire away with questions!
Looks like you won’t have to schlep all the way to SAB after all but we still hope to see you! We are in Orlando now and set to arrive in about a half hour. We don’t check out until the 29th so we are happy to be a resource to others. I think hubby and I may grill a night or two since Dunes Cove will be open. We always enjoy grilling once or twice and relaxing by Dunes Cove in the evening if weather permits.

The highlight of my year is a solo trip to WDW. I have stayed at 16 different resorts and am trying to finish up. I’m looking at Beach Club for a few different sets of dates next winter :faint: The prices! Some of the dates only club level is available and even though I’m celebrating a birthday ending in zero in 2024 it’s very hard to justify the cost.

Should I just keep trying different sets of dates or is BC always mucho expensive — which I can understand why it would be.

Thanks.

The highlight of my year is a solo trip to WDW. I have stayed at 16 different resorts and am trying to finish up. I’m looking at Beach Club for a few different sets of dates next winter :faint: The prices! Some of the dates only club level is available and even though I’m celebrating a birthday ending in zero in 2024 it’s very hard to justify the cost.

Should I just keep trying different sets of dates or is BC always mucho expensive — which I can understand why it would be.

Thanks.

Beach Club always has rooms available when discounts come out. How many will depend on your dates & length of stay of course. Their rates aren’t any more expensive than YC or BWI. You might wait for discounts or try different combinations of dates.

Thanks.
When counting the number of different resorts you have stayed at, does BCV = BC, or do they count as separate resorts?

Looks like you won’t have to schlep all the way to SAB after all but we still hope to see you! We are in Orlando now and set to arrive in about a half hour. We don’t check out until the 29th so we are happy to be a resource to others. I think hubby and I may grill a night or two since Dunes Cove will be open. We always enjoy grilling once or twice and relaxing by Dunes Cove in the evening if weather permits.
Oh, don’t worry….. I do a lot of schlepping when I’m here! Including my late morning run! I’ll be by either tomorrow or Saturday!

Good question. I do NOT want to see any semblance of a kitchen while I’m on vacation, so no villas for me :sad2:

I’ve stayed at
Grand Floridian
Polynesian
Contemporary
Animal Kingdom Lodge
Boardwalk
Yacht Club
Old Key West
Caribbean Beach (my husband’s all time favorite)
Coronado Springs
Port Orleans Riverside
Port Orleans French Quarter
Pop Century
Art of Animation
All Star Sports
All Star Movies
All Star Music

I don’t think I’d feel comfortable at Fort Wilderness cabins by myself so that’s not on the list, and I live in Saratoga county (NY) and since Saratoga Springs is so far away from everything I scratched that from the list.

I was hoping to do a split stay in 2024 at Beach Club and Wilderness Lodge but I’m primarily finding club level availability at BC and as I said, for li’l ole me it’s hard to justify the cost.

We will be arriving next Friday for a 6 days 5 nights CL WV. Our last trip was December 2022. I will keep everyone updated on the food offerings and bounceback offer. We are looking at Dec 2024 but open for other times also. I did get my call from signature services today, very nice CM. Hopefully we get our requests!

Nice to see you again PC Friar. Hope to see you again before we all head out! Looking forward to seeing Wood Nymph when she arrives on Sunday or soon after.

Btw, there has been a snake in residence over at tree island (spotted twice already in the first two days we were here and I am deathly afraid of snakes) so I don’t think we will be making a pilgrimage to tree island this week.

Nice to see you again PC Friar. Hope to see you again before we all head out! Looking forward to seeing Wood Nymph when she arrives on Sunday or soon after.

Btw, there has been a snake in residence over at tree island (spotted twice already in the first two days we were here and I am deathly afraid of snakes) so I don’t think we will be making a pilgrimage to tree island this week.
Where is tree Island? We arrive BC tomorrow. Recognize the importance of snakes in our world, but do not wish to see them up close!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter