• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The area you're thinking of between the BC and BCVs is called the Solarium. Generally speaking, it can be quiet but there can be stream of foot traffic going through there and also is used for overflow seating during breakfast/lunch.
I'd recommend heading over to the villas to the Drawing Room. It's just off the lobby to the right as you enter the villas.
It does have a pool table and TV in there, but I have rarely seen anyone in there mid-morning or early afternoon. You also may want to check out one of the Leisure [Quiet] Pools for a table with an umbrella.

When did the pool table go in there?

Is there still a pool table at the BCV? What about pool/ping-pong tables by the pool?

Not sure if you have the answers but I figured I'd take a shot.

🎱

Cool! We will have to see if someone can get the specs on the type of mattresses are now in the room.

🛌

I'm a bit worried about this, to be honest. New beds are always so firm at first and we will be there next week. I have an issue with hip pain at night on firm beds. I prefer a soft, well broken in hotel mattress. Might need to have my boys jump on it for a bit. 🤣

I have not heard anyone mention the beds being comfortable over on the FB group I'm in for Y&B. Numerous people have stayed in the refurbed rooms and not ONE comment on the mattresses.

I'm a bit worried about this, to be honest. New beds are always so firm at first and we will be there next week. I have an issue with hip pain at night on firm beds. I prefer a soft, well broken in hotel mattress. 🤣

I have not heard anyone mention the beds being comfortable over on the FB group I'm in for Y&B. Numerous people have stayed in the refurbed rooms and not ONE comment on the mattresses.
I really don't like hard mattresses either. May as well sleep on the floor.

Is there still a pool table at the BCV? What about pool/ping-pong tables by the pool?

🎱
The pool table at the BCV (which is what that person said, as I read it) has been there at least since 2020 as it was there when only the villas were open after the resorts reopened after the shutdown.

I really don't like hard mattresses either. May as well sleep on the floor.

My youngest son is starting to get picky about that too. We stayed at a Homewood Suites a couple months ago and the beds were so hard. He was whining about it the next morning and we had 2 more nights there. I could not sleep at all, really. I was glad it was only 3 nights, but it was a LONG 3 nights.

My youngest son is starting to get picky about that too. We stayed at a Homewood Suites a couple months ago and the beds were so hard. He was whining about it the next morning and we had 2 more nights there. I could not sleep at all, really. I was glad it was only 3 nights, but it was a LONG 3 nights.
Any Homewood Suites I have stayed in have the same issue. I am glad to know that it is not just me feeling that way. The one bedroom suites are awesome when I travel with my kids, especially my son. But those beds keep me from booking there.

Any Homewood Suites I have stayed in have the same issue. I am glad to know that it is not just me feeling that way. The one bedroom suites are awesome when I travel with my kids, especially my son. But those beds keep me from booking there.

I think this was our first stay at a Homewood Suites. We usually go for Residence Inn when we need a 2 bedroom suite, but this stay was chosen fully out of convenience in terms of location. Good to know for the future, though. I'll mentally cross it off the list.

🎱
I was referencing the pool table in the Drawing Room which is off the lobby in BCV. It's been there a long time!
The latest gaming that I saw at the BCVs pool [April 2023] was a Foosball Table and a large chess set.

Hello Dee!
Can you please add me to list for 5/8/24-5/18/24 2 Bedroom at Beach Club Villas. Thank you!

I'm a bit worried about this, to be honest. New beds are always so firm at first and we will be there next week. I have an issue with hip pain at night on firm beds. I prefer a soft, well broken in hotel mattress. Might need to have my boys jump on it for a bit. 🤣

I’m here right now and I think the new mattress is very comfortable. I was just talking with my husband and he commented on how comfortable he thought it was last night.

Will be staying at Beach Club and have two other family members staying at Coronado. Will they be able to come visit us at BC and join us for a day at the pool? Did this before at Contemporary and there were no issues. They just gave our name and room number when driving over.

Will be staying at Beach Club and have two other family members staying at Coronado. Will they be able to come visit us at BC and join us for a day at the pool? Did this before at Contemporary and there were no issues. They just gave our name and room number when driving over.

They can visit you. They can’t swim in the pool. If you have capacity, you can add them to you room for the day. But all resort pools (even CR) are for the use of their registered guests only.... you’re allowed to swim where you paid to stay. SAB access is very strictly controlled. Everyone entering must scan their MB or room card to prove they’re a Y & B guest. And you get a band to show you’ve been scanned for the day. You can swim at a water park together.

IMG_3189.png

They can visit you. They can’t swim in the pool. If you have capacity, you can add them to you room for the day. But all resort pools (even CR) are for the use of their registered guests only.... you’re allowed to swim where you paid to stay. SAB access is very strictly controlled. Everyone entering must scan their MB or room card to prove they’re a Y & B guest. And you get a band to show you’ve been scanned for the day. You can swim at a water park together.

View attachment 779801
Couldn’t put it any better than that.

They can join you at the quiet pool. Access is not checked at these pools.

They can join you at the quiet pool. Access is not checked at these pools.
I might be wrong, but we were at the yacht last year in the pool area and I overheard a CM talking to some guests, and they asked the same question. He basically said all pools are for only resort guests. To me that makes sense …it’s like that old saying “you give them an inch and they will take a mile” …But that CM could’ve been wrong.

I might be wrong, but we were at the yacht last year in the pool area and I overheard a CM talking to some guests, and they asked the same question. He basically said all pools are for only resort guests. To me that makes sense …it’s like that old saying “you give them an inch and they will take a mile” …But that CM could’ve been wrong.

The CM is right…. The pools at every resort are for the exclusive use of registered guests. You use the amenities you pay for.

Last edited:
Hi! We had to cancel our trip in February due to a sad diagnosis for my mom. We were planning on staying at Poly, and I was excited but also a bit sad (of which I couldn't exactly pinpoint - it was because I wasn't staying at B/Y). We rescheduled for Sept 8-15 at Beach. Honestly I'm so excited to be coming "home". We stayed at Yacht in Feb 2022 and it was wonderful. I booked a family trip to Beach in October 2024.

Sadly, my mom passed away recently. We were able to take her to Disney in 2018 and she was over the moon to eat at BOG (a wonderful menu back then) and see the Beast. She wore a bright yellow hat all around the parks and I will proudly be wearing it this September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter