Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Added you to my list I made for Dee! Sounds fun!

I am skeptical about renting points and not sure why. Balconies are important to me, though. Not sure about that situation at BCV. Maybe I could try renting points for a GFV studio room (or whatever the former rooms in Big Pine Key are called). Something to think about.
As the BCV is being refurbished, they are taking out the sofa beds in the studios and replacing them with pull-down Murphy beds. The Murphy beds are supposed to be more comfortable. Note that they only finished the top 2 floors of BCV so far.

At Grand Floridian, the new hotel room-style studios are called "resort studios." They are more like hotel rooms than a typical DVC studio. They have 2 queen size beds and a daybed. They have a beverage cooler as well as a coffee and tea station, but no kitchenette. The regular, older studios there are called "Deluxe Studios" which have 1 queen size bed, 1 queen-size sleeper sofa, 1 pull-down bed which is smaller than a twin size bed, and a kitchenette which includes a small fridge and a microwave.

How busy is the international gateway now that the Skyliner is there? We haven't stayed at an Epcot resort in a long while and are planning to stay at the Dolphin or Boardwalk next winter. But we are also considering the Wilderness Lodge....

How busy is the international gateway now that the Skyliner is there? We haven't stayed at an Epcot resort in a long while and are planning to stay at the Dolphin or Boardwalk next winter. But we are also considering the Wilderness Lodge....
Depends on when you get there. After the opening crush it's not bad, there are a lot more people there than pre-skyliner days, but for us it's been pretty much a 50/50 split if there's a line to get in after the opening crowds have died down, and those lines are usually pretty short and quick to get through.

For opening, it seems to depend on the day and your luck. One time we arrived about 5 minutes after the park opened and the line to get in stretched up over the hill towards the BC, took almost 30 minutes to enter, they kept having to pause security since the area between security and the tapstiles got too crowded. Other times we got there around opening and only had about about a 10 minute wait to get through.

If you're going in the winter, you may want to check to see if the skyliner will be down for refurbishment, it was this past January when I went and it was so nice having the IG so empty again!

Hi, friends!

My hubby, Bruce, and I will be celebrating our 50th Anniversary next year, and taking a page from Disney's book on how to do it up right, we'll be planning a trip next April to kick it off, and then are hoping to do a big Britain/Scotland trip in the summer.

So with that in mind, I've been scouring the website to work up a list of choices for rooms, starting with Yacht and Beach, of course! We're thinking we would like a water view, king room this time around, and between Touring Plans and Google Earth, trying to narrow down the choices. Thought about Club Level, but I just don't think we would be around the resort enough to really make it work for us... (and it seems WV Club rooms are pretty scarce at BC, and YC shows no availability at all for our dates right now).

I usually request the highest floor possible because we like full balconies to sit with coffee in the morning and wine in the evening, and love the lake views - and also because I use a scooter, to minimize hassles with boarding elevators with the scooter.

Since I will be there in December, (hopefully at the YC) I am thinking about the bounce-back offer, but also, hoping that another great AP will be announced this fall for those dates.

So... I'll be going back to try to catch up on all the latest happenings.... just wanted to say HI!!

YC has a refill station in the Marketplace there & BC similarly has a refill station in their Marketplace. There is also a refill station in the pool/SAB area at Hurricane Hannah’s.

Oh there is one at the pool? That might sway me towards buying one.

Do they have Powerade or equivalent in the machines these days?

We just booked an impromptu trip for next week!!! Waterview CL 7/25 - 7/28.

Fast and furious, but super excited! Even got every ADR we wanted.

Nice! See you there, probably. We also arrive 7/25. Not CL though, unless I can score a sweet upgrade at check in.

Nice! See you there, probably. We also arrive 7/25. Not CL though, unless I can score a sweet upgrade at check in.
It's so funny - I just looked you up to see if you were on the Be Our Guest list! I knew you were going to be there soon from your previous posts. I just booked today and was able to still get the military discount. They only had water view CL, but it was quite a bit cheaper than the 25% summer discount.

Hmm, I’m not sure about the Powerade. I know the one at the BC is more of a traditional soda machine and I THINK the one at the pool is as well. I do know that the one in the YC shop is a freestyle machine (actually there are two of them) and that one probably has a bigger selection of things and various flavors that you can mix & match. Maybe someone is has used them more recently can chime in with the exact flavors.

The YC marketplace has a Freestyle machine (2 of them) so there are a lot of beverage choices there. Both the BC marketplace and Hurricane Hannas have the regular beverage dispensers. They do have Power Ade, but I don't remember the flavors. :)

It's so funny - I just looked you up to see if you were on the Be Our Guest list! I knew you were going to be there soon from your previous posts. I just booked today and was able to still get the military discount. They only had water view, but it was quite a bit cheaper than the 25% summer discount.

Nice! I really wanted CL but when I booked, nothing in CL came up as available. We will be there 9 nights so maybe that is why.

Hmm, I’m not sure about the Powerade. I know the one at the BC is more of a traditional soda machine and I THINK the one at the pool is as well. I do know that the one in the YC shop is a freestyle machine (actually there are two of them) and that one probably has a bigger selection of things and various flavors that you can mix & match. Maybe someone is has used them more recently can chime in with the exact flavors.

They definitely have Powerade in Freestyle machines. Hopefully someone will know about the others. We will be at BC so YC Marketplace isn't as convenient.

The YC marketplace has a Freestyle machine (2 of them) so there are a lot of beverage choices there. Both the BC marketplace and Hurricane Hannas have the regular beverage dispensers. They do have Power Ade, but I don't remember the flavors. :)

Awesome, thanks! Flavor doesn't matter. We will drink any of them.

Is there a quiet place to take a work call/get some work done at BC? I’m checking into BC that day, but not anticipating my room to be ready by my 10am call. It would be great if there was a pace I could sit and work while waiting for my room. I seem to remember a rotunda area btwn the hotel and villas?

Is there a quiet place to take a work call/get some work done at BC? I’m checking into BC that day, but not anticipating my room to be ready by my 10am call. It would be great if there was a pace I could sit and work while waiting for my room. I seem to remember a rotunda area btwn the hotel and villas?
The area you're thinking of between the BC and BCVs is called the Solarium. Generally speaking, it can be quiet but there can be stream of foot traffic going through there and also is used for overflow seating during breakfast/lunch.
I'd recommend heading over to the villas to the Drawing Room. It's just off the lobby to the right as you enter the villas.
It does have a pool table and TV in there, but I have rarely seen anyone in there mid-morning or early afternoon. You also may want to check out one of the Leisure [Quiet] Pools for a table with an umbrella.

The Solarium might work for you. It's in Beach Club (technically) turn after/before the Marketplace. When we were there it was empty except for before the cruise folks boarded their bus in the mornings. Lots of tables and chairs for setting up a laptop. It can be rented out for events though, so best to check.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter