Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Update to Cabana 2! For those of you who have booked Cabana 2, know that you no longer can view the sandy bottom pool while sitting down. They have put up planters for privacy. While some will like this, I was not a fan since I specifically booked this cabana because it had a view of the pool (I had this cabana last year, too). I did not want to sit in a lounge chair and stare at a planter box. The planter boxes look low in the photos but when sitting in the loungers or regular chairs, you can not see over them. Again, some will love the privacy, but it was just not for me. Luckily the cabana host obliged me and rearranged the furniture so I could see the pool from the other side of the cabana. The photos in this post are AFTER the furniture was rearranged. We swapped the love seat for the two loungers. This provided a better view from the loungers and ample shade in the loungers throughout the day (both of which are important to me). There were only three of us so it was not too cramped to have the furniture like this. This is still my cabana of choice.

View attachment 776042

View attachment 776043

View attachment 776044
That's really interesting, and thanks for sharing. I wonder why they did that? Are they trying to control traffic from folks not staying in the cabanas but wanting to walk over to the sandy side of that pool? We enjoy those cabanas every now and then, and that really is a big change if you're in #2......

That's really interesting, and thanks for sharing. I wonder why they did that?
I tend to think is is just to provide a little more privacy for guests that only have a choice of Cabana 2 but don't need to access that section of SAB or watch their children at the sandy beach section.

But since it is Disney we may never know the real reason for the change.

Dave

BC changesUnfortunately, I have been unable to visit this thread frequently and I am out of date on most of the changes happening at the YC/BC/BCV resort for the past couple of years.

I have seen the info on the Room View Category changes, and I think I have a handle on that. So much for all of the work and input for everyone on the view threads, which I think was one of the more helpful resources to come from this forum...

:headache:

Can someone fill me in on the rehabs at the resort?

Looks like BCV is undergoing renovations and rooms on the 4th and 5th floor are finished. Work expected to resume in August and to be completed in October. What kind of updates are being made there.

What about the Beach Cub? When were the rooms renovated/updated? What changes were made there? Have all rooms been completed?

Most importantly- have the coffee makers in all rooms there been changed over to Keurig? I'm not a fan, but the Cuisinarts were even worse.

Are all of the ceiling fans gone, or did that happen awhile ago?

Any word when/if the Yacht Club is scheduled for any updating?

:thanks:
Pictures of room changes at BC.
https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2023...-themed-rooms-at-a-deluxe-disney-world-hotel/

I tend to think is is just to provide a little more privacy for guests that only have a choice of Cabana 2 but don't need to access that section of SAB or watch their children at the sandy beach section.

But since it is Disney we may never know the real reason for the change.

Dave
When I asked why they made the change, the cabana host said the manger did not like how the stanchions looked.

Most importantly- have the coffee makers in all rooms there been changed over to Keurig? I'm not a fan, but the Cuisinarts were even worse.

Are all of the ceiling fans gone, or did that happen awhile ago?

Any word when/if the Yacht Club is scheduled for any updating?
All of the coffee makers now take K-cups. :)

All of the ceiling fans are gone. :(

I don't see them updating the Yacht Club for a while yet.

All of the coffee makers now take K-cups. :)

All of the ceiling fans are gone. :(

I don't see them updating the Yacht Club for a while yet.
The Keurig machines are different than the YC ones. These are the less expensive ones. The last Keurig we used at AKL in May was in need of replacing. Rusty looking inside and coffee tasted awful even with bottled water and my own Kcup.

The Keurig machines are different than the YC ones. These are the less expensive ones. The last Keurig we used at AKL in May was in need of replacing. Rusty looking inside and coffee tasted awful even with bottled water and my own Kcup.
I had trouble with the coffee maker in our Beach Club room in April. It didn't always dispense all the water that was in the reservoir. I hope they replace them when they do the room refurbishments.

But they don't have any more of the coffee makers that take the round pod that looks like a flat teabag at either YC or BC, which is what I think Dee was asking about. :)

Last edited:
That's really interesting, and thanks for sharing. I wonder why they did that? Are they trying to control traffic from folks not staying in the cabanas but wanting to walk over to the sandy side of that pool? We enjoy those cabanas every now and then, and that really is a big change if you're in #2......
I would gladly take any. I was on a cruise at the 60 day mark and have been calling almost daily to check for Cabana availability. Nothing. I knew it was long shot.

I will say it's been interesting when I call. Some CM's are truly interested in trying to find me one. You can hear the typing as they go day by day to search. Some just straight up say "Nope. None available" right away. We leave Sunday so odds are not in our favor.

Still got Wood Nymph's plan of tree island as backup. :flower3:

Hi Dee! Long time no post! Can you add us to the BOG list for YC from 8/10-8/21? This will be a celebration of our 5th anniversary, and the first trip as Dads with our soon-to-be adopted son! :love:
Congratulations!! Very exciting news!!
Could you please add us to YC Dec 21-26. :)

I will be staying at YC Nov. 11 - Nov. 15.
I will pass this information along to Dee, everyone. Wanting to be helpful, I volunteered to gather the information so she could see it at a glance. Then, it would be easier for her to post in the BOG list. I am catching up after my vacation. I sure hope everyone has a great trip!!!

I am a Disney vet doing a first time solo trip in August. I was booked at CR and for a few reasons, I switched to a standard room at YC. I have never stayed at YC and I'm wondering how frequently a singleton gets put in a king bed room? I know it's not a bookable room category and it's not a deal breaker if I get two queen beds. Is this something I can put as a room request or are there other requests that might be important to make as a solo gal? I'm not a big room requester...I'm fine booking the category of room that I want and leaving it at that most of the time, but I thought I'd reach out to Disfriends to see what I should be aware of as YC is new-to-me.

I certainly recognize that folks don't have a crystal ball, but I was curious about anyone's prior experience. Thanks in advance for helping out a curious gal!

I am a Disney vet doing a first time solo trip in August. I was booked at CR and for a few reasons, I switched to a standard room at YC. I have never stayed at YC and I'm wondering how frequently a singleton gets put in a king bed room? I know it's not a bookable room category and it's not a deal breaker if I get two queen beds. Is this something I can put as a room request or are there other requests that might be important to make as a solo gal? I'm not a big room requester...I'm fine booking the category of room that I want and leaving it at that most of the time, but I thought I'd reach out to Disfriends to see what I should be aware of as YC is new-to-me.

I certainly recognize that folks don't have a crystal ball, but I was curious about anyone's prior experience. Thanks in advance for helping out a curious gal!
I've stayed solo at YC 2x. 50/50 king and queen rooms. The time I got a king I checked-in really early and asked for anything available. I got the very last room down the long hall with a king bed. I didn't mind the trek since I just wanted to sleep. Second solo trip I requested upper floor and near lobby and got 2 queen beds.

If king bed is the most important thing I would only request that and confirm with the front desk when you arrive if you got one or if they could move you to one.

I switched to a standard room at YC. I have never stayed at YC and I'm wondering how frequently a singleton gets put in a king bed room?
We have been given a king bed many times at the YC and we never request it. :) If you want a king bed then the best way to increase your chances of getting one is to call Disney reservations and have them add the request to your reservation. I have found the YC to be good about trying to honor your request - although nothing is guaranteed. :)

I have two trips that need to be added to the Be Our Guest list:

BC - Nov 28 - Dec 2
BCV studio - Apr 7-12

The April trip will be our fourth time staying in the villas but our first-time renting points. We'll see how this goes. A regular BC resort room is nicer than a BCV studio but the change to a Murphy bed instead of a sleeper sofa makes it acceptable. :)

We have been given a king bed many times at the YC and we never request it. :) If you want a king bed then the best way to increase your chances of getting one is to call Disney reservations and have them add the request to your reservation. I have found the YC to be good about trying to honor your request - although nothing is guaranteed. :)
Every time I have asked for a King Bed, I have received it. You can request what ever you want back using the chat feature on MDE or call.

At YC now and had booked a standard view before the changes to the room view categories. We're in a room with a view of the tennis courts and quiet pool. It's very nice and doesn't seem like a standard view to me. Of course, I'm not complaining. Thrilled to be back in my favorite place!

I have two trips that need to be added to the Be Our Guest list:

BC - Nov 28 - Dec 2
BCV studio - Apr 7-12

The April trip will be our fourth time staying in the villas but our first-time renting points. We'll see how this goes. A regular BC resort room is nicer than a BCV studio but the change to a Murphy bed instead of a sleeper sofa makes it acceptable. :)
Added you to my list I made for Dee! Sounds fun!

I am skeptical about renting points and not sure why. Balconies are important to me, though. Not sure about that situation at BCV. Maybe I could try renting points for a GFV studio room (or whatever the former rooms in Big Pine Key are called). Something to think about.

My daughter is my Disney buddy. We were given a king before and we asked for a different room once we checked in (DD says that I snore 😴). So, now I always request and receive a double. If a king is important to you, a request may work.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter