Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Is there a negative to choosing a lock off compared to dedicated for a studio? Are they louder? Not the best views in the BCV rooms sadly lol
A lock off studio will have a door connecting it to the living room of the 1BR next door so that it can make a 2BR villa. Sometimes noise comes under that door. We find a pillow or towels there helps, but overall a dedicated studio will be quieter than a lock off.

My family and I booked a last minute trip around the holidays (DVC wise that is) and we were very lucky to get Beach Club December 24th-26th. I haven't stayed here in over a decade so I'm very excited!

I do have a dumb question (sorry if this has been asked before) - would we be allowed to use Stormalong Bay on our checkout day? We were planning on swimming while we were waiting for our room at AKL Kidani to be ready and head over there in the afternoon. I know you need to show your Magicband at the entrance so I wanted to know if we would have any trouble.

Are they planning at beach club refreshing in the next year?

I only ask this because it really seems that BCV have the most outdated rooms I have seen while watching review videos of rooms, out of every other resort on property. Even the value rooms look newer and fresher. At least BWI has the nicer white headboard ( also think they need a refresh ) ;]

I'm here now and not having the best time. My daughter has a migraine disorder and I requested a quiet room. We paid cash for a villa and we were put in the furtherst room on planet earth. Literally the last room of the resort. Right next to a road and with loud cars and busses. I am trying to switch out of here 😭

Glad they moved you. Hope you have a great time. On the bright side, the room is more up to date. I wonder if they would have moved you if you rented points and didn’t pay cash rate for the villa.

I only ask this because it really seems that BCV have the most outdated rooms I have seen while watching review videos of rooms, out of every other resort on property. Even the value rooms look newer and fresher. At least BWI has the nicer white headboard ( also think they need a refresh ) ;]
DVC has moved to a 7-year refurbishment schedule alternating between hard and soft goods.

Beach Club Villas had a full hard goods refurbishment in 2016. I am not sure if COVID has delayed anything further.

If you want to see a DVC resort that is crying for a refurbishment look up Boulder Ridge Villas. :oops:

Do any of the YC CL rooms have 2 queens and a daybed or are they just 2 queen? Considering a brief CL stay as a part of our trip next year and wondering if there's any chance for a room with a 3rd sleeping space.

Do any of the YC CL rooms have 2 queens and a daybed or are they just 2 queen? Considering a brief CL stay as a part of our trip next year and wondering if there's any chance for a room with a 3rd sleeping space.

I'm sure there are some CL rooms without a daybed/sofa, but FWIW I've probably stayed in 5 or so different CL rooms and all have had a daybed. (We've been a party of four during those travels, FWIW)

I'm sure there are some CL rooms without a daybed/sofa, but FWIW I've probably stayed in 5 or so different CL rooms and all have had a daybed. (We've been a party of four during those travels, FWIW)
My family was just there in June & got a CL waterview room with only 2 Queens.
I called several months before our trip to add a daybed/sofa request AND asked for it when Signature Services called me. No luck. 🤷‍♀️

My family was just there in June & got a CL waterview room with only 2 Queens.
I called several months before our trip to add a daybed/sofa request AND asked for it when Signature Services called me. No luck. 🤷‍♀️

Bummer, that stinks. Curious if you asked if anything else was available, or just left it alone?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter