• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

We did. It's a few days past our 60+10 and, not at all to my surprise, no availability. We will keep checking back.
Forgive me...I know I should know this...but I'm feeling confused. What's 60 days plus 10 mean? Does that mean we have to call 70 days out from our arrival?

Forgive me...I know I should know this...but I'm feeling confused. What's 60 days plus 10 mean? Does that mean we have to call 70 days out from our arrival?

As a resort guest you can make reservations for dining, cabanas, tours, etc starting 60 days from your check-in date covering your length of stay, up to 10 days.

“60+10” is mainly shorthand Internet slang that refers to this setup.

So no, it’s not 70 days from your check-in. Everything opens at 60 days from your check-in… the benefit of being a Disney resort guest is that it then opens the “window” to cover future days of your trip.

Hope that helps!

As a resort guest you can make reservations for dining, cabanas, tours, etc starting 60 days from your check-in date covering your length of stay, up to 10 days.

“60+10” is mainly shorthand Internet slang that refers to this setup.

So no, it’s not 70 days from your check-in. Everything opens at 60 days from your check-in… the benefit of being a Disney resort guest is that it then opens the “window” to cover future days of your trip.

Hope that helps!
Makes perfect sense now. I should have understood that the "10" is actually on the back end of the 60...so my 60 day alert still applies. Whew! Thank you so much!

We're at Yacht Club now, moving to Beach Club tomorrow. I only booked 2 nights at YC because we wanted to try it, but have only ever stayed Beach before and worried we'd miss it too much if we only stayed at YC. I am now regretting that decision, as we are loving YC and wish we had more time here! Our room is in a perfect location, the resort is gorgeous and peaceful, cast members have been great. I'm okay with the fact that we're moving tomorrow, as I still love BC, but we will definitely be back here.

We’re coming home to BCV Dec 31-Jan 6th. In the past we’ve spent NYE at MK but we’re driving from Canada and will arrive mid-afternoon on the 31st.

We’ll be too tired to hit a park after the drive/groceries/unpacking. We’ve never tried to watch the EP fireworks from outside the park before…. Any suggestions on good viewing spots around Crescent Lake?

Is there a roll call for this thread? If so put me down for 8/21/23-8/27/23, one bedroom club level suite. A year is far off, but I'm excited to follow along and hype myself up!

We're at Yacht Club now, moving to Beach Club tomorrow. I only booked 2 nights at YC because we wanted to try it, but have only ever stayed Beach before and worried we'd miss it too much if we only stayed at YC. I am now regretting that decision, as we are loving YC and wish we had more time here! Our room is in a perfect location, the resort is gorgeous and peaceful, cast members have been great. I'm okay with the fact that we're moving tomorrow, as I still love BC, but we will definitely be back here.
I feel your pain! Our first stay was at BC and we loved it. Second stay YC was discounted and BC wasn’t so we booked Yacht. Needless to say we have now booked YC every year for the past 6 years! YC just has more to offer IMO. The rooms are updated, first stop on the buses, and 99% of rooms have full balcony. We also feel it’s more peaceful and the location to HS boat and sandy side of SAB is great!

Question about what is allowed at the pool. I have a child absolutely obsessed with the lazy river. She spent so long in there the last time we visited. I expect, given we are going in August, the pool is going to be way busier than it has been in the past for us. I saw mention that you could bring your own tubes. This true? If yes, what are the requirements? I want to make sure we get the right kind for her and the other kids coming with us.

Question about what is allowed at the pool. I have a child absolutely obsessed with the lazy river. She spent so long in there the last time we visited. I expect, given we are going in August, the pool is going to be way busier than it has been in the past for us. I saw mention that you could bring your own tubes. This true? If yes, what are the requirements? I want to make sure we get the right kind for her and the other kids coming with us.
I confirmed this past April with the lifegurads that you could bring your own tube, but must be clear all the way through. The cheapest we have found that are clear are around $50 and could only find it through z pro inflatables which I was told (I believe in this thread) is the vendor that Disney uses.

Where is the pool table located? I know there was one in the DVC section of BC but I thought I remembered seeing another, in like a lighthouse maybe? or am I completely off?

There is a pool table at the BCVs in the Drawing Room. There is also a ping-pong table at the Dunes Cove Pool for the BCVs. At one time there was a pool table instead of the ping-pong table, but ping-pong has seemed to establish it's ground there. I can attest seeing a lot of ping-pong balls in the adjacent canal.

On the BC/YC SAB side, the gaming table dynamics have changed. I believe "way back when" there may have been a pool table on the upper
deck of SAB. On other occasions I have seen a ping-pong table outside of SAB off the walkway right next to Hurricane Hannas. Sometimes it's there and other times it magically disappears.

We’ll be too tired to hit a park after the drive/groceries/unpacking. We’ve never tried to watch the EP fireworks from outside the park before…. Any suggestions on good viewing spots around Crescent Lake?
There are several places with a good fireworks view. The bridge between the Beach Club and Boardwalk has the best view. You can also see them from the beach and from the Yacht Club boat dock.

I found two on Amazon - both with quick (prime) deliveries. One is a circle and the other a heart. Circle was $35 and Heart was $30. All the way clear. Heart looks like it has a larger opening - circle looks smaller, but it is shown on a model. Hope this helps.

I feel your pain! Our first stay was at BC and we loved it. Second stay YC was discounted and BC wasn’t so we booked Yacht. Needless to say we have now booked YC every year for the past 6 years! YC just has more to offer IMO. The rooms are updated, first stop on the buses, and 99% of rooms have full balcony. We also feel it’s more peaceful and the location to HS boat and sandy side of SAB is great!
Yep! We're now settled in at BC and have decided we'll be sticking with Yacht for the foreseeable future. We'll try BC again once they update the rooms. We are converts!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter