Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Been offline for a while, but wanted to say our birthdays trip was great. We valeted and unloaded the car at BC, went inside to find out we had been moved to YC. Bell services was terrific and sent the luggage there for us. We spent 4 nights at Contemporary Club Level and then 3 YC Club level. I will say the food choices seemed better at YC, but the service at Contemporary was exceptional. The concierge at CR walked us to our room, noticed there was a problem with the door not opening correctly (for handicapped accessible room), called for maintenance (there within 10 minutes),and also called for our luggage. The concierge told us our room was 3 doors down on the left and when I showed my luggage ticket, gave me the directions to call from the phone in the room. Just didn’t seem as special to me. But they were very pleasant while we were there.

Our birthday shirts were made by my coworkers.

Oh, and please put us down for YC Dec 23- Jan 3. Sis talked Pop into having a really special Christmas (our first staycation for the Holidays). No Club Level this time.
I'm so glad to hear your family had a fantastic trip for your special celebrations.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for the Christmas holiday trip.

:santa:

Hello everyone!

Finally, after 4 years, I'll be back at the beach club resort! can't wait! just 300 days to go xD

I'll be there next April, I'm super curious to see how things will change in the meantime (as for genie+, ADR and things like that)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List for next year.

:cool1:

We just booked our room at the Beach Club for our honeymoon next June. We will try to rent DVC points but this is where we want to stay so I booked a regular room as a backup.

Edit: after doing some more research we decided on the Yaht club as our backup on case we can't rent dvc points. Either way I can't wait.
:welcome: and CONGRATULATIONS on your upcoming wedding.

I'll add you to the list.

:love::love:

Just booked an August 2023 stay! Club level one bedroom suite... I'm working on my bucket list of resort stays slowly but steadily!

:welcome:

:dogdance:

My younger son and I are staying at the Yacht Club water view October 2023!! I hope I don’t regret it.

I'll add you to the list and cross my fingers that you fall in love with this resort as so many of us have.

:goodvibes

I was just coming on to ask a question about this.

For all of the different views, they list "1 king bed or 2 queens." Then there is the separate King Room. What's the difference? What's the view for the King Room?
I could not find any availability for the King Room option.

:welcome: and CONGRATULATIONS!

It will be interesting to hear guests' experiences in booking a King room and whether it applies to all, some or none of King rooms at the resort. If you are not able to book a room with this type of bedding, you may want to add "King bed room for honeymoon trip please" as a room request.

:love::love:

Hi all,

I booked a Beach Club villa 2 bedroom, renting points. I am curious if anyone had ideas about what type of room to request in order to get a decent view and a decently short walk to Epcot/Skyliner?

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

I'm sorry if this is a question that's been asked before but I'm getting lost in threads today. I've read that the best way to place a room request at the Beach Resort is to fax them. Can anyone point me in the direction of their fax number? Thanks.

When is your trip?

I usually recommend that guests call the Central Reservations Office to add your room request to the resort. It's not a bad idea to follow-up with the telephone numbers given for the resort within 10 days of your trip.

:thumbsup2

We’re coming home to BCV Dec 31-Jan 6th. In the past we’ve spent NYE at MK but we’re driving from Canada and will arrive mid-afternoon on the 31st.

We’ll be too tired to hit a park after the drive/groceries/unpacking. We’ve never tried to watch the EP fireworks from outside the park before…. Any suggestions on good viewing spots around Crescent Lake?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Is there a roll call for this thread? If so put me down for 8/21/23-8/27/23, one bedroom club level suite. A year is far off, but I'm excited to follow along and hype myself up!
Yes!

I'll add your dates.

:woohoo:

I’m going to be at the Yacht Club August 28-30 with my DD, celebrating my 60th birthday! Can’t wait!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

We have a trip coming up in September for our anniversary. I had room reservations but wasn’t happy with them so never posted. We really prefer YC over BC. YC wasn’t available for our dates with either of the discounts but BC was. But YC CL was available today for 4 of our 7 nights with the new AP discount. I was thrilled & grabbed it quick. So now we’re at YC CL September 5-12.

But I’ve got to tell you, we’ve been staying at YC since the late 90’s. I miss the old days, 15 -20 years ago. Back then, everybody wanted to stay at Beach Club. So many comments about YC being too “stuffy”, too quiet, too dark. It was like a hidden treasure, a secret only a few knew about. It was so easy to get our favorite resort and a good discount any time of year. I’m a little sad when I read all the “it’s our new favorite resort” posts. So from now on everyone…..:ssst: :ssst: :ssst: Shhhh. The first rule for YC is…… We Don’t Talk About YC.

;) :rolleyes1 :lmao:

We're at Yacht Club now, moving to Beach Club tomorrow. I only booked 2 nights at YC because we wanted to try it, but have only ever stayed Beach before and worried we'd miss it too much if we only stayed at YC. I am now regretting that decision, as we are loving YC and wish we had more time here! Our room is in a perfect location, the resort is gorgeous and peaceful, cast members have been great. I'm okay with the fact that we're moving tomorrow, as I still love BC, but we will definitely be back here.
Funny the first half dozen times we have stayed at the Beach Club. A few years ago, CL at the Beach Club was being renovated so we were moved to the YC CL and have been staying there ever since. Newer rooms, full balcony more peaceful.

We have a trip coming up in September for our anniversary. I had room reservations but wasn’t happy with them so never posted. We really prefer YC over BC. YC wasn’t available for our dates with either of the discounts but BC was. But YC CL was available today for 4 of our 7 nights with the new AP discount. I was thrilled & grabbed it quick. So now we’re at YC CL September 5-12.

But I’ve got to tell you, we’ve been staying at YC since the late 90’s. I miss the old days, 15 -20 years ago. Back then, everybody wanted to stay at Beach Club. So many comments about YC being too “stuffy”, too quiet, too dark. It was like a hidden treasure, a secret only a few knew about. It was so easy to get our favorite resort and a good discount any time of year. I’m a little sad when I read all the “it’s our new favorite resort” posts. So from now on everyone…..:ssst: :ssst: :ssst: Shhhh. The first rule for YC is…… We Don’t Talk About YC.

;) :rolleyes1 :lmao:
I am happy to continue telling people we prefer BC even though we are now YC fans. Even my BC-obsessed daughter has been saying "I miss Yacht Club" since we moved over to Beach. I would selfishly like for it to stay quiet as well.

When is your trip?

I usually recommend that guests call the Central Reservations Office to add your room request to the resort. It's not a bad idea to follow-up with the telephone numbers given for the resort within 10 days of your trip.

:thumbsup2

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Yes!

I'll add your dates.

:woohoo:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1, Post 15.

Thank you!

I stayed at the Poly, and AKL

I really wanna try the beach club or boardwalk, I just worry it might feel plain considering the other resorts I have stayed. Sigh. Decisions Decisions. Also reminds me of NJ, where I have been many times lol

I really wanna try the beach club or boardwalk, I just worry it might feel plain considering the other resorts I have stayed. Sigh. Decisions Decisions. Also reminds me of NJ, where I have been many times lol
You’ll love being able to walk to Epcot though! We adore AKL for the hotel and BC for the location so tend to alternate between them or do a split stay.

In terms of raw theming when compared to the likes of Poly or AKL, sure, there might be a SLIGHT letdown. But, the location far and away makes up for any deficiencies its theming may have. Being within walking distance to Epcot and HS and being at, or right across the lake from, everything at the boardwalk is fantastic. I've not stayed at BWI so I can't give you a personal opinion on it, but I have stayed at BC a few times, and I don't think it is plain at all. I love the theme. I think it is a beautiful resort, but if you're someone who lives in New England or has spent a considerable amount of time at the beaches there, I could see where a New England beach resort theme might not be all that appealing since you have experienced the real thing. All things considered though, I'd find it difficult to believe that you'd be disappointed by staying at either BC or BWI.

The other consideration for BC, if this is an important factor for you, is that you get access to Stormalong Bay. Easily the best pool on property.

Every time a resort is refurbished, they take away more Disney touches. I think we all have to get used to it. They already started tearing out some of the Poly buildings to put up a DVC tower. I think someday AKL, the All Star resorts, and Art of Animation might be the only ones left with a lot of special theming.

I know it's been possible in the past but with all the changes that have happened over the years, thought I'd reconfirm we can do this. I'm trying to find ways to minimize what is in my luggage heading out to Orlando because, frankly, I'm a clothes horse. We will need all the sunscreen with us and I'd like to have that shipped to the resort rather than bringing it in our luggage.

So the question: Is it still possible to have amazon deliver something for you at the resort and must it arrive on your arrival day or is it ok if it happens to arrive the day before?

I know it's been possible in the past but with all the changes that have happened over the years, thought I'd reconfirm we can do this. I'm trying to find ways to minimize what is in my luggage heading out to Orlando because, frankly, I'm a clothes horse. We will need all the sunscreen with us and I'd like to have that shipped to the resort rather than bringing it in our luggage.

So the question: Is it still possible to have amazon deliver something for you at the resort and must it arrive on your arrival day or is it ok if it happens to arrive the day before?
Okay if it comes before arrival date. But pre-covid anything shipped ups or fedex went to yc/bc convention center and sonetimes it was a pain to get it. Only open during regular business hours. Sometimes the business office at the convention center would be closed even during those hours. Sometimes they had one person doing deliveries to the rooms and they would be off... somewhere. Sometimes they said they couldn't find the box.

I would not have sunscreen in the box in case you have trouble retrieving it. Ship something else, like clothes you won't need on days one or two.

The convention center business office charges a fee.

If u ship usps it goes first to a central delivery location then to hotel front desk, so a time delay. Also a fee.

Will update later with link to the fees.

Edited to add:

Link to info about the business offices in the hotel convention centers (which process deliveries)
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/business-centers/

Link to info about items shipped via USPS:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/

Last edited:

We had Amazon deliver to us in August 2021. Our flight was delayed, so our Amazon delivery arrived to BC at 5pm, while we got in a 1am the next day. The delivery was held at the valet desk, and brought to our room almost immediately. There was no fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter