Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

That’s a very good question. I’ve read here 60 days before the date wanted and also read other places it’s 60 days from the date of your check in. I called Disney and was told it’s the same as a dining reservation, 60 +10 from your resort check in date. 🤷‍♀️

Need some Stormalong Bay cabana information and thought this would be the best thread to ask! We are going on a multi-generational family trip in August of this year. *Edited to add: We are all staying at BCV.* We plan to book a cabana for a couple days of our 8-day stay. Because of the heat and a toddler, we plan to do a park in the morning and return to the resort for an afternoon of pool time. The full day option which the only available option right now actually works well for us. I know I can book 60 days out. Two questions:

1. Can we book 60 days out for the length of our stay like dining reservations (60+10)?
2. I know the capacity of the cabana is 6; we have 8 in our party. We will all be coming and going; will the 2 extra be allowed to visit as long as there is never more than 6 in the cabana? How easy is it to get 2 lounge chairs close to a cabana? TIA!

Does anyone have any insight or answer to question 2 above? I'm in a similar situation with 4 adult and 4 kids. We're mainly getting the cabana for the adults and the kids will be in the water most of the time. As long as we never have more than 6 in the cabana will the 2 'extra' kids be able to visit?

Does anyone have any insight or answer to question 2 above? I'm in a similar situation with 4 adult and 4 kids. We're mainly getting the cabana for the adults and the kids will be in the water most of the time. As long as we never have more than 6 in the cabana will the 2 'extra' kids be able to visit?

In our experience, absolutely yes.

I tried searching and think I found that in-room dining/room service is still a no-go at BCV. Is this still correct? We are having our first BCV stay Dec. 21 - 28 and I'm trying to decide Christmas morning breakfast and would like to stay in room for a bit that morning. However, we're in a 1 BR with full kitchen, so I may get stuff to make breakfast ourselves that morning if room service is not an option.

I tried searching and think I found that in-room dining/room service is still a no-go at BCV. Is this still correct? We are having our first BCV stay Dec. 21 - 28 and I'm trying to decide Christmas morning breakfast and would like to stay in room for a bit that morning. However, we're in a 1 BR with full kitchen, so I may get stuff to make breakfast ourselves that morning if room service is not an option.

Correct, the only WDW resort currently offering in-room dining is Grand Floridian.

Mobile ordering from the BC Marketplace, Market at Ale & Compass, or To Go ordering from Ale & Compass are your best options and just take back to the room.

Granted a bit of a walk from BCV - but to me To Go ordering from Ale & Compass is the next best thing to in-room dining.

Hope that helps!

Ahhh yes. That is good option also. I keep forgetting we can do To Go orders from the sit down restaurants also. Thank you for that tip.

Behind, again! A few pages and several weeks...

Page 1941

Hi Dee -
Can you please add us to the BOG list? Just booked a BCV studio; 10/19 - 10/26......will add 10/27 tomorrow, for an 8 night 2022 F&W stay! Thanks!

Got it!!!

:thumbsup2

For me yes! If you are park commandos, big eaters and have TS dinners everyday not so much. We usually have a TS lunch and eat the rest of the time in the lounge.

They are a bunch of enablers over there. :rolleyes1 :rotfl2:

Booked YC March 27th-April 1st 2022. GV CL:yay:

Nice! I'll add you to the list.

:cool2:

Who do you call? I did the TP room request as well, but would like to be sure.

Just wanted to give you a :welcome: to the thread!

:cool1:

Question about the cabanas. We are doing an extended family trip in October 2022 and staying at the BCV. Me, wife and our two children, their spouses and our grandchildren ages 5, 3, 3 and 2. We were hoping to rent a cabana for a half day but I read on this thread that they are for a maximum of 6 people. Is that adults or kids Included too? Is it strictly enforced?

We normally stay at the BWV but switched for the pool for the grandchildren. Really looking forward to staying there.

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for October.

:goodvibes:

This may be a shot in the dark 😅....but I remember seeing a photo of either part of the YC or BC ground floor where it was a hallway lined with a bunch of windows and small tables. Made a great place for coffee or just a quiet spot to relax. Not sure if anyone knows what I'm talking about, but I guess I can do some exploring in Feb to try and find it 🤣

Glad everyone was able to help confirm the location of the spot you were thinking of.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for February. Which resort?

:woohoo:

Last edited:
Page 1942

We are just back. We're long time DVC members and own at the BC. Always love it, still do, but have serious complaints about the food this trip. What in the world. Why did they take my most favorite thing away from the Marketplace, the flat bread pizza!! That was always my go to, at Stormalong Bay my husband would make the trek back, and get me that and loved it. On our first day, while he went to return our rental car, I was at the villa pool and I tried a turkey sandwich from the Marketplace. GROSS. and so very bland. Never again. The cheeseburger at B & C, really?? 17.00 for that, it was horrific. Same with at SB pool, just awful. What has happened to the food? The one good thing we had, was at the lounge one night and had a delicious cheeseboard, yum, it could be dinner. Very disappointed overall though. Still love that pool, after 20 yrs now. We have been doing no parks since Covid, and love every minute there.

Sorry to hear about the disappointments during your trip, especially surrounding the food. I remember when meals were one of the highlights of our time at WDW.

:sad2:

Just booked our first stay ever at the YC (water view room in early April following our 4-nt DCL). Stayed at prob 2/3 of Disney resorts but never had a chance to stay here. Going to dig through this thread for all the fun info and tips, but most excited for the pool. Even during my two years as a CM I've never been able to use the pool so I'm psyched :D

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15

Hello All! I need some Disney Magic! I am hoping someone here can help. My wife always books our vacations, she booked our married sons room, but was interrupted before she could book our two bedroom villa at the beach club villas. The reason for the interruption was her mom was taken to the hospital. Fast forward a bit over a month and she lost her mom. Two weeks ago, she realizes she forgot to make the reservation. She is of course devastated yet again. Without the room we miss our family Christmas. I have found all the nights but December 21 and December 22. My hope is someone here has those two nights and we could get.them from you. This trip was my wife's break and time to gather with fsmily and deal.with everything. Please let me know. My email is dgressner@gmail.com. thank you in advance.

I'm sorry to hear about your family's loss.

I hope you are able to find what you are looking for.

Quick report from our trip last week.

We were in RM 3135. It's a connecting room with 3147. 2 QN beds and a day bed. Also had a walk in shower. Otherwise, pretty typical for YC room...coffee pot has pods rather than filter packs. Beds are probably getting close to needing replacement (slight indentation on my side next to night stand), but overall very comfortable. USB ports on nightstand were damaged so needed to use regular outlet (also on nightstand) to plug in phone. Close to elevators and overlooking back entrance.

View was the mostly the back entrance, but we could see a sliver of the lake. Also could see the higher fireworks from Epcot.

We were able to park both scooters by backing one up in front of connecting door, and parking the other in the hallway in front of the coffee stand. (Left enough room so that door could be opened in case of emergency, and cord reached across to plug in with coffee pot.) This worked well, and didn't block any of the drawers or closets. It was easy to back the one up out the door, and then drive the other one out.

Marketplace food was limited, but had ready-made warm breakfast sandwiches. juices, and bakery items for a grab and go breakfast, however they have removed the tables they used to have in the hallway. One morning we went to BC marketplace for breakfast and sat in the solarium to eat.

I also have to mention that the CMs throughout the resort were over-and-above in their attitude and helpfulness. It was a great stay, and we can't wait to return!

Thank you so much for your detailed report. So glad to hear you enjoyed your trip.

:thumbsup2

Hi, all. Have a YC stay coming up and just read that there is exterior refurbishment until Spring 2022. How disruptive/noticeable is it? Thanks!

Hope you enjoy your trip.

::yes::

DH and I are taking our two daughters and their families to YC Dec 18-23 for Christmas.

Looking forward to the holiday decorations and food & beverages!

:welcome: back!!! Good to see you again. I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Looking forward to finally returning to WDW in June after a nearly 3 year absence. We wanted to stay at the resorts that felt the most like home and decided that had to be a split between Beach Club and Bay Lake Tower. Lots will be different for us this time, as my in-laws will be coming and we had a baby earlier this year. Considering our older kids are 13 and 11, it's been quite a while since we've had to deal with a little at WDW. I'm not thrilled with some (many) of the changes that have come to WDW, but I'm so thrilled to be going back and to have a reason to stalk this thread again.

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list.

I want to go to beaches and cream. Not staying on property. Where can I park to get there? That’s not me going to Disney springs and busing it. Thanks

:welcome: to the thread!

When is your trip?

:cool2:

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:dogdance:

Are cribs available in the villas?
All of the studio rooms that I have stayed in have a pack 'n play in the closet. While I have no firsthand experience, I'm 99.9% sure that cribs can be requested from Housekeeping. I have certainly seen them in the hallways being delivered to rooms or removed from rooms during my stays.

Are cribs available in the villas?
All of the studio rooms that I have stayed in have a pack 'n play in the closet. While I have no firsthand experience, I'm 99.9% sure that cribs can be requested from Housekeeping. I have certainly seen them in the hallways being delivered to rooms or removed from rooms during my stays.

I have been reading that the Pack 'n Plays were removed from the rooms during the Pandemic, and if you want one, you have to request it from housekeeping.

I don't think our DVC dues pay for cribs. It's possible that you might get one if you request it from housekeeping, but don't count on it.

I believe there are outside companies from which you can rent a crib.

I have no first-hand experience in any of this. My nieces/nephews were older than 7 when we started taking them.

We have a stay coming up June 1-3. We actually have two resorts this time. We have a 2 bedroom at Copper Creek from Memorial day weekend until June 7. We have a 2 bedroom booked at Beach Club Villas. My son turns 21, so we wanted to have time near Epcot so he can try drinks there without worrying about getting back to Copper Creek. I cannot wait for Stormalong Bay!!!!

It is available at BCV! https://dvcfan.com/2020/12/03/dvc-dining-in-room-dining-at-disneys-beach-club-villas/

FYI, while BCV (and YC) did have in room dining when that article was written 12/3/2020, they stopped offering it earlier this year around when BC reopened. The only resort currently offering in room dining is GF.
I really hope it comes back. We were staying at the Yacht Club in Dec '20 and had a fantastic in-room dinner courtesy of Ale & Compass as we were watching some news on the TV and also had a Crescent Lake view from our balcony and it's something we talk about often. Sometimes a quiet night "at home" is just what you need on vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter