Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I wonder if Swolphin is worth investigating for early coffee. I usually get a refillable mug, but I don't mind paying for it if there is a shop at Swolphin open earlier than other options.
I believe Java in the Swan opened at 6:00 a.m. when I was there last month. I suspect Fuel at the Dolphin opens at the same time.

Officially boardwalk bakery opens at 7, same as BC marketplace and other QS, but I've heard on these boards that the BWbakery opens earlier in reality (I know for a fact the BC one does not). I will be staying at BWV for 5 nights starting June 17 before transferring to BCV, I guarantee I will fully explore the coffee situation, I am up way before my family, so I like to go out for coffee rather than clattering around in the room making it, so that everyone else can sleep in.

If I forget to report back, and you still haven't heard a good answer to this, I will have a complete coffee exploration completed mid-June! I wonder if Swolphin is worth investigating for early coffee. I usually get a refillable mug, but I don't mind paying for it if there is a shop at Swolphin open earlier than other options.

From the Swan & Dolphin Thread, when someone asked how early they could get coffee:
Fuel at the Dolphin and Java at the Swan are open at 6 am.

Page 1844-1848

Getting so excited for our (4 times rescheduled) family trip. My husband and I will be traveling with our 4 children (8,6,4,&1).

I have many fingers crossed for a Yachtsman (and Jiko) reopening. I’m also trying to temper my expectations with other COVID related restrictions falling away, or experiences coming back. Fireworks, Hoop De Doo, and no masks outdoors would be a dream. But I will just be happy to be finally be going back, no matter what.

We will be in a BCV 2BR 10/22-10/28, after starting our trip with 3 nights in a Kidani 1 BR savanna view villa.

:welcome:

Sounds like a fantastic trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

I couldn’t find any pictures of this in my googling, so I wanted to post.
Today my daughter did the Beach in a Bowl craft in the solarium.
$15 each. They pack it up for travel after you are done. I thought it was so cute. Wednesday from 12:30-2:30 on the current activity schedule.
View attachment 574664

Thank you so much for sharing the info about this activity. What a fun craft and neat keepsake of your trip.

:beach:

Ah. Ok. They didn’t give me the discount. I paid $318.

When is your trip?

I think (and someone please correct me if I am wrong) that sometimes the discount on the cabanas will be applied on the day you use the cabana. Certainly no harm in asking and having the proof you are eligible with you.

💰

We’re planning on returning September 9-16. I could only get YC for the first few nights but didn’t feel like doing a split stay this time. So I booked BC but wasn’t too happy about that. Played around with some date changes & found I could get YC for the 9-17th. I work part time & DH is semi retired, so for the first time ever, we can be a little flexible. So YC September 9-17th it is!! Now if club level would just come back...🤞🏻

I'll add you to the list.

:woohoo:

Natebenma , I did a thing and will be returning to the Beach Club on the 28th of July thru Aug. 1st .
Would you please add me to the Be Our Guest List .

Fantastic news!

Will do!

:dogdance:

Thanks for sharing this.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
lots of physical distancing is being removed at wdw, i was wondering if that has affected the buses yet to the parks? do we still have to leave 90 minutes before rope drop?

Posted for Historical Purposes, Page 1, Post 4

Arts & Crafts in the Solarium (June 2018)- materials fee required

Note: August 2019- craft activities now take place at Martha's Vineyard or the Seaside Retreat (formerly the kids Sandcastle Club).

Sunday- Ceramics

Monday- Design Your Own Vacation Pillow

Tuesday- Tidal Tank Tops

Wednesday- Design Your Own Tumbler or Wine Glass

Thursday- Driftwood String Art

Friday- Shell We Paint? Join us in the BC Solarium for an instructor-led painting activity

Last edited:
Posted for Historical Purposes, Page 1, Post 4

Arts & Crafts in the Solarium (June 2018)- materials fee required

Note: August 2019- craft activities now take place at Martha's Vineyard or the Seaside Retreat (formerly the kids Sandcastle Club).
I am looking for confirmation about whether some or all of these are still being offered, when & where.

Sunday- Ceramics

Monday- Design Your Own Vacation Pillow

Tuesday- Tidal Tank Tops

Wednesday- Design Your Own Tumbler or Wine Glass

Thursday- Driftwood String Art

Friday- Shell We Paint? Join us in the BC Solarium for an instructor-led painting activity
In April it was:
Sunday, Mickey tie-dye 4:15-5:15 by the pool
Monday, Seaside ceramics 12:30-2:30 solarium
Tuesday, Sea salt scrub 4:15-5:15 poolside
Wed, Beach in a bowl 12:30-2:30 solarium
Thurs and Fri, Mickey tie-dye 4:14-5:15 poolside
Sat, Seaside ceramics, 12:30-2:30 solarium
Hope that helps.

From the Swan & Dolphin Thread, when someone asked how early they could get coffee:
Fuel at the Dolphin and Java at the Swan are open at 6 am.
There is a quick service place in the Dolphin in the basement next to the laundry which was open 24 hrs when we were there Christmas 2017( can’t remember it’s name, it’s kind of got a Mexican vibe).
Being from the U.K., I never get into the sleeping groove with the jet lag, so was often in there at 4 am for a cup of tea. Bought a refillable mug for around 18 dollars and used it for a fortnight, I suspects profits went down that Christmas!

There is a quick service place in the Dolphin in the basement next to the laundry which was open 24 hrs when we were there Christmas 2017( can’t remember it’s name, it’s kind of got a Mexican vibe).
Being from the U.K., I never get into the sleeping groove with the jet lag, so was often in there at 4 am for a cup of tea. Bought a refillable mug for around 18 dollars and used it for a fortnight, I suspects profits went down that Christmas!

Picabu at the Dolphin!!

Picabu at the Dolphin!!
Since reopening, hours at Swan and Dolphin QS have been modified.
6AC893A2-14BB-42F0-BA7D-97E25B41B7DC.jpeg798DCAF2-D0C4-41D6-A5FE-A42632899A58.jpeg

lots of physical distancing is being removed at wdw, i was wondering if that has affected the buses yet to the parks? do we still have to leave 90 minutes before rope drop?

To me, the 90 minute advice is due in large part to the fact that the parks have been opening around 45 minutes pre official posted park hours. So get to the bus stop around 90 mins pre park opening, first bus/buses arrive 60-75ish pre park opening, you get to the park 45-60ish pre park opening, and you’re among the first ones in and off to ride rides. I’m not sure I’d want to cut it much closer than that IF (key word) the goal is to be among the first few in the park.

Maybe more bus capacity will be more forgiving for those running late or you can shave a few mins off the arrival time, but I’m not sure it fundamentally changes the approach, again, if serious rope dropping is the goal.

Just me speculating though!

How did this weekend go with park opening times? Was it still a little earlier than posted?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter