Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

which ice cream place is open and good near the yc area?
Options are limited right now with Ample Hills closing and Beaches & Cream window shuttered. You may want to try for a B&C ADR for "just desserts" but it is one of the harder ADRs to snag. The Dolphin has an ice cream shop on the first floor called "The Fountain" which if you are up for a walk may be worth your while. If you're really adventurous and have the right park ticket media/options then a walk over to Epcot to France will get you some good ice cream. If all else fails the shops at YC and BC both sell Mickey ice cream novelties!

Hey @natebenma, here's something that might be of interest to people on this thread:

I learned on the Swan & Dolphin thread that there is a Swan and Dolphin app. You can search for "Swan and Dolphin" in your phone's app store.

When someone is staying at YC/BC/BCV, they might want to eat at the nearby Swan or Dolphin. If they have this app on their phone and click on RESTAURANTS, they can then choose the type of restaurant (Signature, Casual, Quick Service, Lounge). It then gives them current hours of operation for each restaurant.

So, for example, for PP who asked, "which ice cream place is open and good near the yc area?"

The Swan and Dolphin app shows that the Fountain at the Dolphin currently is open:
Wed, Thurs & Fri from 4:00 pm to 11:00 pm
Sat & Sun from noon to 11:00 pm
Mon & Tues closed.
It also tells you that it is located in the Dolphin Lower Level.
And it has the menu.

If you look at Signature Restaurants on the app, it has a link to Opentable.com for each restaurant, if someone wants to make a reservation.

What is the situation at the YC bus depot when awaiting buses for MK and AK? I'm mostly curious about the orderliness of lines/waiting for early morning buses. Are people generally respectful to allow those who are there first to board first or does it become a free for all? Thanks

Page 1803

Just booked for May next year. Older dd will be graduating with her master’s and dh and I will be celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary, First time staying at the BC, previously stayed at Pop (multiple), CBR, Poly (rented DVCj, and the Dolphin.

:welcome:

Definitely some reasons to celebrate on your trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

:cool1:

2 more weeks until our first visit to Yacht Club! My 18 month old is going to have so much fun!

Currentn plan is to do parks in the AM and pool after nap🥳

I'll add you to the list.

:goodvibes

Hello everyone, would someone please let me know what the pool situation is currently like at Stormalong Bay - do you need reservations and/or is your time at the pool limited due to Covid restrctions? Thinking about being sure to include a resort day in June, but if the pool is not going to be something we coud really spend time at it may not be worth it.

Thanks,

:welcome: to posting on this thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool2:

We love the Beach Club and have stayed there a few times. We go to the pool every day and our kids always want to stay in the sand bottom pool. Would you switch to the Yacht Club for your next trip since it is closer to that side of the pool? Are the resorts basically the same?

:welcome: back!

Others have given feedback about the differences between the two resorts- a comparison also appears in the first post on Page 1.

:thumbsup2

apologies in advance but i couldn't find the answer: does bell services still accept grocery deliveries? for BCV, if that matters. (probably no alcohol, sadly)

When is your trip?

:goodvibes

What is the situation at the YC bus depot when awaiting buses for MK and AK? I'm mostly curious about the orderliness of lines/waiting for early morning buses. Are people generally respectful to allow those who are there first to board first or does it become a free for all? Thanks
The YC bus stop has marked lines for the MK bus and AK bus with social distance markers on the ground. It is very orderly right now with the COVID restrictions in place. I wish they would have done that for the BC bus stop. It can be a little chaotic at that bus stop.

Well called 60 days out at exactly 6am est and managed to get a cabana the last day of my trip on 6/19. Completely booked for the week already.

You called at 6am? I thought that phone line did not take calls until 7a.

I have also seen articles mentioning being able to book Enchanting Extras at 70 days out if you are a Resort Guest. I do not if they are meaning 60+10 or it changed to 70. Does anyone know?

Last edited:
Question about the Yacht Club "secret" entrance? Does that have stairs near it to go up any floors? I was going to request a room near there but if it is only an entrance/exit it may be pointless. I've tried searching and the Beach entrance comes up frequently but not Yacht.

And, our potential May YC stay is a no-go. Airline cancelled our flights again. No direct flights to Orlando until at least June. And no point in trying for a June stay, since the park and hotel reservation availability is lousy. And it would probably be cancelled anyway. Sigh.

Hoping for July...can people please cross their fingers (and toes) for an open border and the possibility of travel for us Canadians by summer? I’m really suffering from SAB withdrawal. ;-)

And, our potential May YC stay is a no-go. Airline cancelled our flights again. No direct flights to Orlando until at least June. And no point in trying for a June stay, since the park and hotel reservation availability is lousy. And it would probably be cancelled anyway. Sigh.

Hoping for July...can people please cross their fingers (and toes) for an open border and the possibility of travel for us Canadians by summer? I’m really suffering from SAB withdrawal. ;-)

I'm so sorry to hear that. We are in the same boat, my partner is Canadian and our 2 week trip next month got cut down to 8 days solo for me due to the border situation. We changed our 50th anniversary weekend trip to 2 weeks in hopes that she'll be able to come in October. Definitely hoping it's better before then, I have not seen her in over a year. :(

Question about the Yacht Club "secret" entrance? Does that have stairs near it to go up any floors? I was going to request a room near there but if it is only an entrance/exit it may be pointless. I've tried searching and the Beach entrance comes up frequently but not Yacht.

I haven't used it, but there is info about it in Post # 9.

This link should get you to that post (even if it appears that the link is still loading):

https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...on-page-1-post-1-13-14.3400342/#post-53451102

Well called 60 days out at exactly 6am est and managed to get a cabana the last day of my trip on 6/19. Completely booked for the week already.

How long is your stay? We're hoping to book a cabana for our trip in July, but our trip is only for 5 nights.

Yes, there are stairs right there. It is a typical stairwell like in any commercial building, with a door between the stairs/ exit & the interior hallway.
I know it is really weird with me asking about stairs, but in all the pictures of the Yacht Club I can find the elevators but not stairs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter