Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

i read this on the swan/dolphin board and was wondering to confirm please regarding the statement about grab and go....thank you.
As for the buses, I used the YC bus to go to MK this morning, I was actually at the YC thinking I'd look through their gift store as I needed a nail file and they don't have them here and maybe grab a grab and go breakfast sandwich. They aren't doing grab and go right now and no nail file. I came back from MK on the BW bus, it was not full. I have taken the Swan/Dolphin buses back to YC and BW when staying there and when Disney was doing the buses.

Happy Birthday to the best thread on the DisBoards! It's been a great 6 years! Well, except for that speed bump in 2020. Here's to gaining momentum in 2021 and to 6 more years and beyond!

View attachment 568470

Oh, hey, thanks!

Don't feel a day over 5 years.

Remember when we used to have to start a new thread after 250 pages, and that often happened to us after just a few months!?!

I'm so very grateful for all of the friendly, knowledgeable posters on this thread who are always willing to pitch in with info to help others plan for the most magical trip possible.

:grouphug:

I'm so sorry to year this! My husband is Canadian (still going through immigration and has been for 2 years). We got lucky though. He was visiting me for my birthday last year when they closed the boarders. We were then eligible for a new visa time which would allow him to stay in the US while he applied. But, he hasn't been able to see any of his friends and family since last February and since he thought he'd be going back soon, he never got a chance to say "Goodbye, I'm moving to the US", so he didn't get any closure. And on top of that, all of his belongings are stuck in Canada so he's been living out of suitcase for over a year now. I know it's not the same as being separated from a partner, I couldn't imagine. We're use to being apart for 3-4 months at a time (we were long distance for 4yrs), but I couldn't imagine being separated because of the border closures.

I hope that you are reunited soon and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. And the second I can get back into Disneyland I'm throwing some coins in Snow White's wishing well and making a wish for you.

I'm so sorry for what your husband is going through...so many people on both sides of the border have similar stories and I feel like it's maybe lost a little in all of this. I hope he's able to see his friends and family again soon.

Thank you so much for your kindness. I'm having an awful time of it at work right now and this meant so much to me. The Disboards family has been such a comfort to me.

We have an upcoming stay at YC and I was able to pick up a 7:30 am reservation at Topolinos. I’m assuming that since HS doesn’t open until 9 am on that date that the skyliner won’t be running early enough correct? Would an Uber be the best for this early?

Thank you so much for your kindness. I'm having an awful time of it at work right now and this meant so much to me. The Disboards family has been such a comfort to me.
I second this thought! I am teaching hybrid first grade and go home just wiped out. I can't wait to get home and check on my "friends." I love to escape to the Dis!

people write about a secret entrance at yc? can someone describe it for me. i tried an earlier post that was referred to here on this thread but it didn't help me too much, i couldn't follow it so great. Thanks so much

I have been searching for a while and cannot find the YC marketplace on the disney mobile app at all, so there is no place to do a mobile order. Am i missing something and how do i get it back! TIA!

I have been searching for a while and cannot find the YC marketplace on the disney mobile app at all, so there is no place to do a mobile order. Am i missing something and how do i get it back! TIA!
On the app, go to dining. In the upper left corner it show “filter”. Click it and it will show by location, cuisine. Under locations click “More options”. Search for Yacht Club. Click and hit apply. It should give you a list like Ale and Compass, Beach Club Marketplace. There will be an option for the Marketplace at Ale and Compass. You can look at menu and then mobile order . Hope that helps.
Sarah

On the app, go to dining. In the upper left corner it show “filter”. Click it and it will show by location, cuisine. Under locations click “More options”. Search for Yacht Club. Click and hit apply. It should give you a list like Ale and Compass, Beach Club Marketplace. There will be an option for the Marketplace at Ale and Compass. You can look at menu and then mobile order . Hope that helps.
Sarah
Yes thank you! I figured it out in the search too... why can’t it just show up on the map! 🤦🏻‍♀️

people write about a secret entrance at yc? can someone describe it for me. i tried an earlier post that was referred to here on this thread but it didn't help me too much, i couldn't follow it so great. Thanks so much
It's not really a "secret" entrance, it is just one of the fire doors that people can use to enter and exit the building from the hallways rather than from the lobby.

YC secret door.jpeg

This is one of the many doors at the YC. I took this picture of the door that we used to access our room on the second floor. Our room was really close to this exit door and very convenient to use. :)

This is all the info on the "secret" entrance/exit from Page 1, Post 8 (Yacht Club). Hope this is helpful and not more confusing. I am severely directionally challenged and it usually helps me to this door from the inside hallways for the first time.

:poop:

Yacht Club Secret Entrance/Exit

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

This is the room closest to the entrance to help you find the exit from inside.

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM. The doors locks have been fitted with an RFID chip so that you can gain entry using your Magic Band.

A little more detail about the YC Secret Entrance

Thanks, pixarmom, for the photos and info!

Last edited:
This is all the info on the "secret" entrance/exit from Page 1, Post 8 (Yacht Club). Hope this is helpful and not more confusing. I am severely directionally challenged and it usually helps me to this door from the inside hallways for the first time.

Facing the Yacht Club, the marina will be on your left and the wedding gazebo to your right.

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

daf26e4e.jpg

According to the small sign you can see in the picture, this door has keyed entry during the hours of 11 PM to 7 AM. The doors locks have been fitted with an RFID chip so that you can gain entry using your Magic Band.

I was wondering if any of these 'hallways' or alleyways of sorts can lead someone all the way thru from yc thru bc to epcot to have more a.c. on your coming and going to international gateway? I know the answer is no but it would be great if there was a.c. tunnel walking me thru a path to dhs from yc too!

9640c7a0.jpg

b04fa926.jpg

daf26e4e.jpg

I found having the room number super handy.

I always get lost but kept looking at room maps and memorized where all the doors were. I used your room number technique combine with location outside.

Dd is always the one to know where we are going but at YC Mom was the queen of shortcuts.

She couldn’t figure out how I knew where all the doors were??? Teehee

It really helped out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter