• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Does anyone have any news about crowding at SAB? We're wondering how many mask-free people there are generally hanging out around the pool. Hoping to arrive in just 20 days. :)
We’ve been here since Tuesday, once in the pool deck most folks remove their masks - so not many people actively wear them on the pool deck area aside from cast members. chairs are clustered 6’ apart and you’re not allowed to move them.

Yesterday (a beautiful, sunny Saturday) saw lots of chair availability and although the pool was busy it was not like I’ve seen in past trips pre pandemic. It was mostly like a normal “weekday” busy - I never had an issue finding a floatie for the lazy river, which was usually an issue on a weekend.

Enjoy! I'd like to hear all about the cabana experience!

We did a Cabana all day yesterday and took full advantage staying at the pool from 10-530. Most other renters (it was a full house) left early afternoon.

Fruit tray was dropped off first thing, and the desert tray came around 2:30 or so. Both were cute and ample in size for us (2 adults/2 kids) to enjoy. Drinks (coke, Diet Coke, sprite and water) were available from the cabana cast member all day - as were snacks (chips, popcorn, pretzels, Oreos, cookies and Rice Krispie treat).

Rachel and Ashlee (cast members moved here from the water parks cabanas) took great care of us all day - and Tom was the food runner. Normally a waiter at Yachtsman but relocated to the pool deck since the reopening.

Thanks for sharing, @FidFam ! Your cabana day sounds great. In terms of cabana location did you feel like any were better than others?
We were at #4 (only one available when we called) which is tucked in the back and we loved the privacy - our kids are older though and we don’t need to monitor them in the pool.

Our family agreed #3 would have been best (sits back but still a view of pool) for next time then #4 - #1 and #2 are up against the pool and would be ideal for those with younger kids but not us.

Currently at Geyser Point enjoying a delicious bourbon breeze and lots of good food. We had a really successful MK morning and are taking a little midday break.

Our room was finally ready after 6pm last night. We hung out at SAB while we waited and ordered to-go from Ale and Compass, the burger was OK but the pasta was delicious!!!

Pappardelle Pasta
with Spinach, Sautéed Mushrooms, Rebel Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic Cream, and Citrus Gremolata

This no park hopping thing is really annoying. I knew I would not be a fan, but it is really quite bothersome. Oh well, at least we are finally back at WDW!!!!!!

Sorry if this has been covered before, but how are Yacht and Beach club currently handling the refillable mugs?

Are there still the iced coffee and Coke freestyle options at Beach Club?

And if Cast members are pouring drinks into paper cups do you need to bring your receipt with you everywhere or is your refillable mug enough?

I know this has been discussed fairly recently, so I apologize for asking again (this thread moves fast!): what’s the rate for a cabana? You guys make them sound so fun!

I know this has been discussed fairly recently, so I apologize for asking again (this thread moves fast!): what’s the rate for a cabana? You guys make them sound so fun!

The rate is seasonal but for a full day in mid-November I paid $265.19.

I didn’t remember seeing the iced coffee anymore and the coke freestyle machines have certainly been replaced but I will go down in a few to check out the marketplace a bit more thoroughly. We don’t do refillable mugs so I will need to ask someone about that.

Sorry if this has been covered before, but how are Yacht and Beach club currently handling the refillable mugs?

And if Cast members are pouring drinks into paper cups do you need to bring your receipt with you everywhere or is your refillable mug enough?

No iced coffee nor freestyle machines. There is regular and decaf coffee and a machine to make espresso beverages, but only hot ones.

There is a gentleman that gets all your beverages from the iced tea dispenser/soda fountain. Having your mug is enough, you don’t need to bring your receipt.

Don’t forget, there’s also a 15% AP discount for the cabanas for some dates/days of the week, so worth an ask when booking just to check if eligible. I find some CMs will be proactive about checking and some CMs don’t.

Page 1724-1726

What’s best rooms at beach club villas? Studio? Just 2 of us:)

I have never stayed at the BCV so my only comments come from reading what others who have stayed there have said.

In general, views at the BCVs are not great.

Near elevators- noisy

View of Pool- can also be noisy, but maybe that depends on the time of year.

All rooms have full-size balconies, with some being larger or gigantic.

Do you prefer a low floor or high floor or doesn't it matter?

You can check out a sample of rooms in the BCV Room View/Description:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bcv-room-photos-and-descriptions.3216754/

:goodvibes

Do people use the pools in December? Are the pools heated (not just the hots tubs)?
We have not been in December before so not sure if we should pack the suits or not. :fish:
thanks in advance!

:welcome:

Is your upcoming stay at the Yacht Club or Beach Club Villas?

There's not really a way to know ahead of time what the weather will be like. I always think you should pack 'em and hope for the best!

:cool1:

We ended up going to the Beaches & Cream window for some milkshakes and then headed to swim. About 5 minutes after getting into the water, they closed the pool. 🤦🏼‍♀️ Luckily that didn’t last long and lights came back on everywhere. This was around 7:30. So, the whole thing really only lasted ~30 minutes. I did grab some quick photos of the dark side of the resort. The lobby lights stayed on, as did a few of the outdoor white lightsView attachment 536840View attachment 536841

I tried to attach the full photos, but kept getting errors that they were too large and I have no idea how to resize them on the phone, so I just have the screenshots

Thanks for the pictures!

The long-timers on this thread will remember when we used to refer to the Yacht Club as "The Dark Side". When our friend Teena was working as a greeter at the BC, she would occasionally refer to the YC that way, because the lobby was less lively and exciting to her. There were fewer people and families hanging around in the lobby than you would find in the BC lobby, waiting for Cape May Cafe or going to the Beach Club Marketplace.

Your pictures brought a smile to my face! (I'm glad the power outage did not last long)

::yes::

We're a month out from our first YC stay (fingers crossed). Has anyone had luck calling the hotel to make special requests? Specifically, I don't want a shared balcony, and since we're paying for a water view, I would love it to face the lake instead of other rooms. Thank you! We're going 12/6-12/13.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Others have given advice about making room requests. The shared balconies at the YC are in the standard view category, so you shouldn't be assigned to any of the rooms that have one.

:thumbsup2

We are set to arrive on Sunday. The same day the weather is supposed to get bad because of "Eta". Are the hookups on the TVs accessible? Has anyone has recent experiences with using a Roku at the YC? is it even worth bringing?

I didn't see that you received a response before your trip. IIRC, you are able to access the panel to connect devices to the tv. Did you find that to be the case?

:magnify:

Anyone have an update as to how busy Stormalong Bay is now? We are planning on going during Thanksgiving week but worry about spacing at the pool. Thanks!

Others have posted that since the recreation staff is limiting the number of people allowed to enter SAB, and have spaced chair groups so that families are socially distanced from each other, that it does not feel crowded.

BUT, during Labor Day weekend, the pool needed to limit access when there were already too many people there. I don't think the restricted access lasted very long though.

I don't think the same thing happened on Columbus Day weekend. (Someone correct me if I am wrong)

Hard to know what the pool crowd will be for Thanksgiving trips. It may be very dependent on the weather.

:fish:

So bummed spent 5 hours on the phone rescheduling our trip to next month December 2020 we were suppose to check in tomorrow but due to the storm and the weather forecast for the week we decided to post pone. I guess this should not surprise me this is 2020 after all!!!!

Quick question how is it getting a walk up at beaches and cream can you do take out from there as well.

I'll adjust the info for your trip on the Be Our Guest list.

You've just blown my diet LOL! Yummy!

:welcome: to posting on the thread!!!

Do you have an upcoming trip to the resort planned?

:cool2:

Last edited:

The freestyles are still available at the Yacht club, as are expanded coffee options, including iced coffee. You can always DIY an iced coffee with a cup of ice and coffee at the Beach.

Also just as an FYI, the only decaf coffee is a decaf Americano, they are not brewing decaf coffee anymore.

Page 1727

Yup, a Disney vacation is no time for watching calories. I'll be at the Beach Club Villas for Thanksgiving week. Gonna have to try the holiday treats.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Well, we booked at Yacht Club for January 21-26! We’ll see if it actually happens...

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Today is our 60 days from check in!! So excited for a week long stay at the Yacht Club.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Page 1728-1729

Does anyone have any news about crowding at SAB? We're wondering how many mask-free people there are generally hanging out around the pool. Hoping to arrive in just 20 days. :)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for December. Are you staying at the YC or BCV?

We did a Cabana all day yesterday and took full advantage staying at the pool from 10-530. Most other renters (it was a full house) left early afternoon.

Fruit tray was dropped off first thing, and the desert tray came around 2:30 or so. Both were cute and ample in size for us (2 adults/2 kids) to enjoy. Drinks (coke, Diet Coke, sprite and water) were available from the cabana cast member all day - as were snacks (chips, popcorn, pretzels, Oreos, cookies and Rice Krispie treat).

Rachel and Ashlee (cast members moved here from the water parks cabanas) took great care of us all day - and Tom was the food runner. Normally a waiter at Yachtsman but relocated to the pool deck since the reopening.

View attachment 538456View attachment 538457

Thanks SO much for the pictures. YUM!!! The desserts look great and I'm very impressed with the quality of the fruit in late fall.

Currently at Geyser Point enjoying a delicious bourbon breeze and lots of good food. We had a really successful MK morning and are taking a little midday break.

Our room was finally ready after 6pm last night. We hung out at SAB while we waited and ordered to-go from Ale and Compass, the burger was OK but the pasta was delicious!!!

Pappardelle Pasta
with Spinach, Sautéed Mushrooms, Rebel Tomatoes, Roasted Garlic Cream, and Citrus Gremolata

This no park hopping thing is really annoying. I knew I would not be a fan, but it is really quite bothersome. Oh well, at least we are finally back at WDW!!!!!!

Thanks for the live report! The pasta sounds incredible. One of my favorite dishes at the Captain's Grille was a pappardelle with shortribs.

What are "rebel tomatoes"?*

* ETA: searched on the internet- looks like multi-colored grape tomatoes.

:thumbsup2

:welcome:

Do you have an upcoming trip? Yacht Club or Beach Club Villas?

The freestyles are still available at the Yacht club, as are expanded coffee options, including iced coffee. You can always DIY an iced coffee with a cup of ice and coffee at the Beach.

Also just as an FYI, the only decaf coffee is a decaf Americano, they are not brewing decaf coffee anymore.

Thanks for this! Technically, I could also DIY with coffee made in my room, but I always liked their specialty iced coffee. I'd always walk over from the BWV for it.

@natebenma I'll be staying in a BCV studio from 11/21 until 12/1. :goodvibes

Don’t forget, there’s also a 15% AP discount for the cabanas for some dates/days of the week, so worth an ask when booking just to check if eligible. I find some CMs will be proactive about checking and some CMs don’t.
Yup. We had to ask twice, they brought over the pool manager and credited our hotel stay account since you pay in-full up front for the cabana. They were super great about it...

Does anyone know if the Speedway near Boardwalk sells six-packs of beer? We extended our trip by two days (the pool is nice and quiet during the day) and our original Amazon Prime order of alcohol just won’t last us - we need to top up. 😂

Does anyone know if the Speedway near Boardwalk sells six-packs of beer? We extended our trip by two days (the pool is nice and quiet during the day) and our original Amazon Prime order of alcohol just won’t last us - we need to top up. 😂
They do! [A friend told me] :rolleyes1They have a pretty good selection of brands/sizes. All of the standard selections from singles to cases. Limited selection of premium brands; Sam, Corona, etc. Nothing wrong with topping up! Enjoy! :drinking1

What's the best place to watch the NFL game Thursday night at the resort?
Best? Probably your resort room. Other options? Marthas Vineyard Lounge for the YC side.
For the BCV side you may be able to secure the channel on the TV in the Drawing Room [Off the BCV lobby] or the TV in the Solarium [BC] might be an option.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter