Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Newbie here. We are considering booking at YC or BC next year. I'm leaning toward YC because of the refurbished rooms. Is there any real difference between the resorts aside from rooms? They share all amenities and transportation, right?

I prefer YC. One reason is that I like sitting on the balcony in the morning. At YC, most if not all rooms have a full balcony, while only about 1/2 the rooms at BC have a full balcony.

A second reason is that I like seeing the lighthouse as soon as I walk out the main doors towards the lake, with The BW in the background.

il_570xN.1219873818_5xbn.jpg

Congratulations!

:sunny:

“Do you like beachy decor with fish, starfish, sand, and shells? Then stay at the beach club!....Do you like sailboats and ocean liners, and nautical ropes and navy blues and golds? Then stay YC!”
The only other major difference between the two, in my experience has been in who stays there. Since YC is considered a convention hotel, you are more likely to find grown-ups there, and hence it is more quiet… Or at least it has been on my multiple stays there compared to multiple stays at Beach Club. This does not mean the children aren’t welcome at YC, it just means that due to the fact that there are more conventioners there, I have always found it to be kid-friendly, but just lacking in children compared to BC.
Totally agree, the lobbies can be so different! YC you can almost hear a pin drop at times and BC is very lively with people checking-in to Cape May Cafe.
I prefer YC. One reason is that I like sitting on the balcony in the morning. At YC, most if not all rooms have a full balcony, while only about 1/2 the rooms at BC have a full balcony.
Excellent point. The rooms are pretty much the same now that they have both been refurbished.

The only other main differences would be YC has blackout curtains, hardwood floors, and some rooms have walk-in showers vs a tub and BC has sheer curtains, carpet, and all tubs. I really enjoy both resorts and now that YC has its own mini-QS with a mug refill station, I tend to book wherever I get the best rate!

Congrats, my friends!

So happy for you two!

:love::love:

2. On a totally related note....(read: Disneymoon)
There are Keurigs in rooms at YC, yes? Does anyone know if they ever stock them with decaf tea? Chamomile would be perfect.

I have no idea on this one, for a couple of reasons.

Coffee is my drug of choice and the only time I stayed at the YC was pre-refurb, when they still had the pod machines.

My advice to you is to bring a box of the tea you want so you know you will have them.

::yes::

Newbie here. We are considering booking at YC or BC next year. I'm leaning toward YC because of the refurbished rooms. Is there any real difference between the resorts aside from rooms? They share all amenities and transportation, right?

:welcome: to the forum!

As others have indicated, the resorts have the same amenities, management staff, etc. and the main difference is in the décor/"vibe".

I am equally happy to stay at either resort- I like that the YC rooms have full balconies, but I prefer the lighter blues of the Beach Club. The proximity of the two resorts to EPCOT and Hollywood Studios is a big advantage to me.

Here are a few more specific details about the differences between the resorts: (from the first post in this thread)

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

Beach Club- club level lounge renovated in 2014, room renovations completed in August 2015
Lighter, beachy décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby can be active and lively with families waiting for meals at Cape May
Closer to EPCOT and Marketplace Gift Shop
Approximately 50% of rooms in all room categories have full balconies. The remaining are standing balconies.
Room attributes include carpets on floor, ceiling fans, Cuisinart Pod Coffee Makers
Shared resort bus picks up and drops off at YC first

Yacht Club- renovations to club level lounge started October 2015, room renovations completed in June 2017
Darker woods and nautical décor in lobby and rooms
Lobby is more serene
Convention attendees are more likely to be booked at YC
Closer to Hollywood Studios and Friendship Boats
Most rooms have a full balcony (exceptions: 5163, 4163, 3163, 2163 and 1163)
Room attributes include wood floors, lots of storage units, Keurig coffee makers. No ceiling fans in rooms following the rehab.
The Market at Ale & Compass is smaller and offers different quick serve food items than the Beach Club Marketplace.
Shared resort bus usually picks up and drops off at the YC first

* Starting in October 2017, pet dogs are now being welcomed in guest rooms at the Yacht Club resort. Additional information posted at the beginning of this post.

Want more details about the differences between the two resorts? Check out this awesome blog post (November 2011) from The World of Deej:
The World of Deej: BC vs. YC

Pixarmom's comparison of BC and YC

:goodvibes

As others have indicated, the resorts have the same amenities, management staff, etc. and the main difference is in the décor/"vibe".

What are the differences between the Beach Club and the Yacht Club?

The Beach Club and Yacht Club are similar resorts in terms of service and amenities, and have equal access to the shared pool complex, health club and video arcade. Both resorts have the same management team in place.

Some minor differences have been noted by guests:

(BC) Room attributes include carpets on floor, ceiling fans

Sadly, the BC ceiling fans have been/are being removed from all rooms, replaced by the same style ceiling light fixture that took the place of the ceiling fans in the YC rooms.​

Sadly, the BC ceiling fans have been/are being removed from all rooms, replaced by the same style ceiling light fixture that took the place of the ceiling fans in the YC rooms.​
No more ceiling fans? That’s sad. I love the sound of a fan. We usually turn the fan on the ac on if there isn’t a ceiling fan but I like the flow of air from a fan

Crap! I remember hearing this might happen but I didn't know the process had started. I'm not sure I understand the rationale of going to the expense and effort of removing something that guests like (or can ignore if they don't).

:sad2:

Crap! I remember hearing this might happen but I didn't know the process had started. I'm not sure I understand the rationale of going to the expense and effort of removing something that guests like (or can ignore if they don't).

I think that the age of the ceiling fans meant continued mechanical problems.

One time, while staying at the BC, there was a terrible loud clicking sound coming from the ceiling fan in the room. After complaining about the noise, it was advised that the fan would promptly be fixed. However, upon returning to the room a few hours later, turning on the fan proved otherwise. I mentioned this to a lobby concierge, who called in a complaint for me. When coming back to the room after dinner, I discovered the fan had not been fixed. On my way out to EPCOT, that evening, I stopped to let the concierge know that the fan still was not repaired. The CM got a maintenance supervisor on the phone, who promised he would take care of the problem, himself. When returning to the room, later that night, I flipped the switch for the fan; there was no longer any noise. That was because Maintenance apparently pulled the chain hanging from the fan, thereby disabling the fan, all together. Climbing up on a chair, I pulled the fan's chain, then flipped the wall switch. Click, click, click......

I went back down to the concierge, who called over his supervisor. I was moved to a different room at 10:30 PM. The new room had a quiet ceiling fan, which was put to good use during the hot, humid summer nights.

Last edited:
Congratulations!

:sunny:
Thank you!

I had heard this might indeed be happening. It's sad as the ac in Disney resorts has recently not been as frosty as it was in the good old days. At least that's been our experience! My only nervousness with our upcoming YC stay is the lack of ceiling fans, because at BC, we found the AC lacking, but the ceiling fan made it OK.

Congrats, my friends!

So happy for you two!

:love::love:

I have no idea on this one, for a couple of reasons.

Coffee is my drug of choice and the only time I stayed at the YC was pre-refurb, when they still had the pod machines.

My advice to you is to bring a box of the tea you want so you know you will have them.

::yes::

Thank YOU my friend! If you recall last Saturday around here, you'll understand when I say thank goodness for that thundershower in the morning! It broke the humidity in the church!

Ok. Two other questions for y'all...

1. Anyone had luck plugging a Roku device into a YC TV? We recently tried it at a Hilton and it didn't work.

2. They still sell pool noodles at BC Marketplace, yes?

No more ceiling fans? That’s sad. I love the sound of a fan. We usually turn the fan on the ac on if there isn’t a ceiling fan but I like the flow of air from a fan

You can call Mousekeeping and if they have any box fans available they will bring one to your room. We all sleep with a fan so it was great having the box fan at night.

Thank you!
I had heard this might indeed be happening. It's sad as the ac in Disney resorts has recently not been as frosty as it was in the good old days. At least that's been our experience! My only nervousness with our upcoming YC stay is the lack of ceiling fans, because at BC, we found the AC lacking, but the ceiling fan made it OK.

The AC in our room at BC this past June was frosty. We actually turned it off a couple of times as I was freezing to death!

Hello Dee!
We'll be coming back to Beach Club. Can you please add me to list: 4/10-4/20/19 Waterview CL Room. This will be out 1st Club Level stay here, so if anyone has any advice/tips/opinions I would appreciate it. I had a CL room booked for April 2018, but switched to a regular room to save some money. This trip will be celebrating DH 50th birthday and DD 16th birthday, so I wanted to do something extra special. Thank you Dee for all the effort you put into this board!
Shelly

Page 1288

I see that the villas provide “coffee pods” in the room. Does anyone know how many? We’ll have three coffee drinkers in the room for a week. Should we bring extra pods ourself?

Thanks for the reply. We’re on points, but that sounds like it certainly won’t be enough. Well have to bring our own. Will keurig K cups work, or is it some other brand?

:welcome: to this thread!

When is your trip?

As others have pointed out, in the villas, a limited amount of coffee is provided so if you have coffee drinkers it is best to bring your own so you have enough.

The coffee makers are a drip-style (Mr. Coffee-type) makers, so you should have filters and ground coffee. If you have a small coffee maker in the room, you can request a bigger one from housekeeping.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

?? Do the BCV studios have a regular coffee pot, or are they the coffee pod style?? (In some Youtube videos, looks like a regular coffee pot...)

Just want to confirm so I can pack appropriately...

Thanks!

Others have answered, but I wanted to reinforce that it is indeed regular (Mr. Coffee type) coffee makers in the villa rooms

:surfweb:

Does anyone know if the kids cheese pizza at the beach club marketplace is a flatbread or regular type pizza? I know...weird question..hehe but thanks!
:welcome: back!

Do you have an upcoming trip here or are you just considering visiting the resort?

:goodvibes

Looks like the Yacht Club Convention center expansion is nearing completion. Landscaping around the expansion should be next.

The interior finishes are completed. Even the window treatment, which is about the last finish to be done, is installed.

That's exciting!

Thank you both for the info.

:thumbsup2

Those who have stayed at Beach Club- how easily were you able to unpack and fit things in the room? I have three adults for a week. I know my dad can live out of his suitcase, but my grandmother and I would prefer to take clothing out, and it looks like super minimal storage from the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter