1 1/2 shots Midori
1 shot Malibu Coconut Rum
1 shot orange juice
1 shot pineapple juice
Sprite or 7-Up to fizzy taste
1 shot Blue Curaçao
Over ice
Dress with Pineapple slice, cherry, or umbrella
Dee, just want to let you know I'm taking my laminated card with me on the Dream in June just to make sure they know how to make my YC favorite.
Katesdad

Yes you were upgraded to a "Lagoon or Pool" view. A great view, thanks for sharing.

Views in Disney speak are defined by what can you see by just looking straight out the windows / sliding / french doors. I always laugh at what is a "Theme Park View" at the Contemporary", some guests then complain (not that you were complaining about the roofs below) that if they look down they can see the parking lot not the great view right in front of them! This is also why individual or groups of rooms may also change to a different view category based on vegetation growth or resort changes.

Dave

Yeah I figured it was an upgrade.. we've had some Lagoon View rooms at the BC that have been right behind a tree, so you can see a little sliver of water on either side :rotfl:

We've never been upgraded on 20+ trips. It's hard to believe I got upgraded from Garden to Lagoon View at the GF for the first half of this stay and then another upgrade at the YC. I think our wedding room block coordinator put in a good word in for us :thumbsup2

Does the beach club have bed rails? Do they cost?
Yes, bed rails can be requested. It would probably be a good idea to call and have the request added to your reservation, as well as to confirm the request upon arrival at the BC, as the request is on an as available basis.

I have heard that some guests request rails not only for the sides, but for the foot of the bed, as well. There should not be an additional cost for the rails.

How would one recommend touring epcot from BC? usually we knock out future world first thing in the morning but now that we would be going through IG I think it would be a pain to do that, unless we drive to the front gate? (which seems silly honestly)
We like to go into the World Showcase in the late afternoon and listen to music, like the British Revolution or one of the shows at the American Pavilion. We'll grab something to drink and walk around the park. It is especially nice when there is a festival going on.

Last edited:
Ah yes, sorry street performers are also known as "Buskers" in Boardwalk terminology. There have been less out in recent trips but usually there is a street magician out several nights during the week between about 7 - 10 PM.

Dave

I just wanted to add that, if the weather is bad, the magicians often perform inside the BWI near the Bellevue Lounge. In our experience, there are typically two performers on the boardwalk. One in front of the Screen Door and the other across from the BWI's green space by the water. We've found most of them to be really enjoyable. (The guy with the constant whistle is a little annoying to me.)

Page 1198

Trying to book trip at end of October but both Beach and Yacht Club are booked. Wondering if there is a conference and rooms are blocked or they are really booked?? Any help would be appreciated!!

Thanks for the help! Going to try travel agent to see what they are able to do.

Any luck?

:goodvibes

Hi. 4 weeks to go and getting very excited.

Starting to think about what to pack and I know we get pool towels at SAB but the girls wanted new ones with maybe 2018 on. If anyone is there or knows what sort of pool/beach towels are in the gift shop/parks that would be great.

I'm looking for a Goofy if there's such a one. I'm probably better off having a look in Wal-Mart too as were going there the day after we arrive!

Thanks X

BUMP!

Did anyone have any info about the character towels available? IDK about Goofy, but one year there was a Mickey Mouse on a beach chair towel that was a purchase with a purchase. It is large and fluffy and tropical and I LOVE it (so much that I don't like to use it if you know what I mean).

:dogdance:

Page 1199-1200

UK Free Dining offer was released last Thursday.:yay:
We have booked The Yacht Club for November 16 - 30 2019, can you add us to the BOG list please.:-)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest List for next year.

:cool1:

I’m checking out of YC today after a brief 2 night stay. First time we have stayed here. The refurbed rooms are SO thoughtfully appointed: lots of storage, usb plugs, nice lighting and lots of it, wet bar area is super functional. We are in a garden/woods view room overlooking tennis courts and quiet pool. Very quiet and relaxing! The lobby smells divine. Overall a wonderful stay!

:welcome: to the thread and thank you for the info about your room.

Do you happen to remember the room number?

Any chance you have a picture of the wet bar area or the room view? Did you have a king-sized bed or two queens?

:thumbsup2

We were in room 5175, water view room with 2 queen beds, sofa & shower/tub combo. I took some view pictures in case you need this room for the view thread Dee.

These look left, center, right & straight down. The room is only 3 rooms from the lounge prep area & 4 rooms from the lounge. It was surprisingly quiet & we did not hear much hall noise at all. The room was clean & we had no issues with the room. I still don’t like the higher beds. Wasn’t a problem the first day or so, but after that, it was annoying to have to climb up into the bed when I was tired & sore after a day in the park. I read you can ask for a step stool, but I am afraid I would trip on that in the middle of the night so didn’t even ask about that. A poster a few weeks ago said she had no hot water but we had great hot water & water pressure. I’m not big on the rain shower so I used the hand held shower head as a regular shower which worked well for a short person like me.

We had no room checks other than housekeeping. We were back at he resort about 2 pm every day. One day our room was being cleaned when we came back so we hung in the lounge for a few minutes. Another day, the housekeeping cart was in the hall & our door was slightly ajar. We figured housekeeping was still in there, so we went to the lounge again. Waited a few minutes & went back. The cart was moved but our door was still ajar! :eek: We were missing a bar soap so I think the housekeeper went to get it, probably got interrupted & just forgot to go back. We had everything locked up & put away so I knew nothing would be taken. Still a little unsettling. This is the first time anything like that has ever happened in about 20 years of staying at the YC. I did not mention it to anyone at the time but I will mention it if I get a survey.

As a side note to that, we spent our last night in a first floor water view room at the BC because YC was full that night. We haven’t stayed at BC or even a regular room in years. We were in a first floor room next to the quiet pool. Room was not ready until 5pm. When it was ready, we just quick got our luggage & then headed to our dinner adr. When we came back we pulled the curtains & didn’t look out again. Next morning I went to step out & check out the patio & view. That’s when I saw that neither the lock nor the latch were secured!! :scared1: :scared1:

I know I should have checked, but not having stayed in a ground floor room ever at BC that I remember, it just never occurred to me that the patio might not be locked. All the rooms I have been in on the 5th floor have always been locked & latched. Lesson learned!

Thanks so much for the pictures and very detailed description of the room!

For the first time, we're going to go in Beach Club in July 2019. We've already been at the Yacht Club 3 times. We booked with disney.Ireland and I couldn't make a reservation at the Yacht Club. I'm a little disappointed because I love Yacht Club. Do you think Beach club is as fantastic as Yacht Club ?

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I love both resorts! I prefer the lighter décor at the Beach Club and that it is slightly closer to EPCOT. I do love that the Yacht Club rooms have full balconies, though!

:woohoo:

Anyone know if its possible to purchase a shower curtain like the ones they have in the Beach Club rooms?

I haven't seen them listed for sale anywhere. Sometimes after a room refurb you can find room ameneties for sale.

::yes::

Isn't the Disney home goods store (not sure of the name) opening at Disney Springs this weekend? I wonder if they will have any of the resort decor items for sale.

Page 1202

Honey..... I'm hhhoooommmeeeeee!!!!!!:teeth:

I got YC FD for mid Dec, finally!!

6am I logged on, got BC, put my card in and hit "purchase", got the "I'm processing screen, 1 hour 20 minutes later, it was STILL processing :mad:
Had to close as I had to leave for work. Got to work, tried for another hour, and couldn't get anything to load, couldn't get off the home page.:mad::mad:

Gave it a break. Around 11, I tried again. Went right through. The only things that were left for my dates were BWI, garden, and YC Pool. I've been thinking of trying the BWI, but I want the water view, not garden. So, I picked YC! :teeth:

If they announce a room discount, I'll probably switch as I have an extra ticket left from last year.

:welcome: back!

Sounds like your persistence was effective!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

I have just booked a YC "garden or woods view" room for September. Are these rooms in a particular location and if so, where? What is a good request for this category? Thanks!

I'll add you to the list.

I agree with @Wood Nymph - the wedding gazebo area is in a good location and has lovely views.

::yes::

We have been spoiled by staying at the BC many times over the years. In fact, staying there is my kids' favorite part of a Disney vacation. Like you, I like the sun while my DH prefers shade. On the Beach Club side near the walkway to the slide, there are beach chairs with some nice shady trees. It's a good place if you want to keep a bit of an eye on your kids using the slide too.

Thanks for the input!

Is there anyway you could could post link or picture of each floor with room numbers for e Beach Ckub villas? Trying to switch at mos., need a 1 br and 2 br close or next to each other! Thank you!

Is this what you are looking for?

Beach Club Villas Floor Plans

BCVFloorPlan1.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan2.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan3.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan4.gif

BCV%20FloorPlan5.gif

Any info on renting the lockers at the pool? Cost involved? Hard to come by one?
No rental. They are available as self-service for guests. They work like the in-room safe. Just chose an available locker and follow the instructions to enter your 4 digit code. I really never looked to see how active they were but my guess is not many guests actually bother by looking around the pool deck.

I think there are a couple of pictures around let me find them. Found them, here is the link:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/2...-2014-mayl-2015.3326031/page-61#post-52505403

ETA: link to FAQ post pictures of the pool lockers.

Dave

Last edited:
2 random questions about the yacht club.

Can you fit one suitcase in the closet??? I know they changed the closet arrangement

also is that fold up ironing board a pain, does it work well???

Hey guys! We’ll be at BC end of June. Does anyone know the typical pool hours for this time of year? Thanks!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter