Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Ninafeliz I’d just leave it to fate for BC regarding view but ask for a full balcony and then if you don’t like the room you get you can always ask what others are available :)

:welcome: back!

When is your trip?

I know that the length of this thread can be intimidating, but my suggestion is to look at Page 1 and then the last 10 or 20 pages to catch up. I try to keep the first page updated with current resort info.

I am not sure how to advise you on the room requests, but I'll make a stab at it.

For the Yacht Club:

I think that most of the rooms with 2 Queen beds (which you would have) should have a tub, but there could be exceptions. Not really sure which rooms have which set ups since the renovation. If the shared balcony is an issue, then I would make "No shared balcony, please" your priority request. Add "Room with bathtub please" and maybe... "not at far end of hallway"

For the Beach Club:

I can't remember. Do any of the club level rooms have a shared balcony? (What about on other floors?). I think not, but if I am mistaken, someone let me know.

As far as I know, all of the rooms at the Beach Club have both a tub and shower, unless it is a handicap-accessible room.

The BC CL SV rooms either look at the front entrance parking lot or they will have a view of the pebble rooftops (and maybe the pool, or Crescent Lake beyond). I personally don't think I would mind that, but others have said they don't want to see rooftops.

My suggestion for a room request for the Beach Club is "Full balcony please". There is a higher percentage of full balconies at club level than in the standard rooms of the resort, I think it is about 75-80%.

:goodvibes

This is a bit belated, but thanks so much for your help! Natebenma, that was super helpful!

Our trip is June 10-14 YC CL SV and June 14-18 BC SV CL.

After a LOT of debate, I think I have firmed up my requests. For the YC I am going to put #1 Private Balcony #2 Bathtub #3 close to lounge with best view possible please. For the Beach Club I put Full Balcony is first priority then close to lounge and best view possible please. I added this in to the comments for touring plans fax, and I will email DSS with it as well. I am trying to mentally just prepare to take what we get and not worry about it, because I tend to get worked up about little things and then realize they don't matter that much! So I couldn't manage to just not make requests, or not try for the "ideal" room, but as long as we have a fun trip I'm determined to not stress about the view (I really do think I would hate that shared balcony though :rotfl:. We would be too stressed to let out kids out there in case they would bother the neighbors, because how can you let 4 kids on a huge balcony and not let them run around some:confused3. Plus I wouldn't want to leave the curtains open in case we looked up and someone was right there. But who knows, maybe we'll get "stuck" with it and it will turn out to be great!).

Looking forward to a fun trip - we've never stayed at the BC before and have never done a split stay before, so we have a few firsts. We also have the Club level FPs booked for June 12 at Epcot in the AM and DHS in the PM and AK on the 16th, so looking forward to trying that as well! Because we booked late and still haven't firmed up everything, I haven't been able to get Beaches and Cream or Sci Fi reservations, but I'll keep trying ::yes::

Thanks for all of the great info - I'm following along but didn't get to catch up on all of the pages since our last YC trip a few years ago since there are so many! This thread goes fast :goodvibes

Looking for some reassurance! My husband and I are both turning 40 this year and he agreed that we should take a trip to Disney, just the two of us to celebrate. Still in shock, since Disney is not his favorite, and our last trip (summer 2017) he spent most of it trying to get our car repaired after someone rear-ended us on the way back from Disney Springs. Figured he wouldn't want to go back for a loooong time!

Anyway (sorry for all the personal info), called our ta and she had a deal we just couldn't pass up for the Poly right after Labor Day. Our last three trips have been at the Beach Club, and we love it! Although, the only other resort we have stayed at is CBR. Anyone who has stayed at both have some pointers/comparisons? Just need to put my mind at ease that we will be happy there!

I always love coming back and catching up here, you all are so wonderfully helpful! Please let me know, though, if I have posted this in the wrong place. Thanks!

PS my ticker is for last years trip! Sadly, no trip for me that soon!

Looking for some reassurance! My husband and I are both turning 40 this year and he agreed that we should take a trip to Disney, just the two of us to celebrate. Still in shock, since Disney is not his favorite, and our last trip (summer 2017) he spent most of it trying to get our car repaired after someone rear-ended us on the way back from Disney Springs. Figured he wouldn't want to go back for a loooong time!

Anyway (sorry for all the personal info), called our ta and she had a deal we just couldn't pass up for the Poly right after Labor Day. Our last three trips have been at the Beach Club, and we love it! Although, the only other resort we have stayed at is CBR. Anyone who has stayed at both have some pointers/comparisons? Just need to put my mind at ease that we will be happy there!

I always love coming back and catching up here, you all are so wonderfully helpful! Please let me know, though, if I have posted this in the wrong place. Thanks!

We've stayed both and prefer Yacht Club for the pool and ability to walk to Epcot and walk/boat to DHS. We love Magic Kingdom but find ourselves spending more time at Epcot/DHS nowadays so Yacht Club is just a better fit. That said, we really enjoyed our stay at Poly and would stay there again.

Hey guys! So we just found out that my daughter’s best friend and her family will be joining us during our stay at Beach Club! We are going to tell the girls tonight! I don’t know how, but I was able to just snag a reservation for 12 for breakfast at Cape May Café! The middle of the week another set of friends arrive, and just when we switch to Poly, our other friends will arrive!!! We have never had friends of ours there at the same time, so to have 3 sets of friends in 2 weeks, I think this will be a pretty fun trip! I’m actually watching YouTube videos of BC as we speak! I’m just SO excited!!

Hope everyone leaving this week has a great time!!!

How far is thr BC CL lounge from the pool area? We are only staying for one day before we leave FL and plan on hanging at the pool all day. I don't know how much we'd use the lounge if it was far away.

Also do you prefer BC CL or YC CL?

Thanks!

We've stayed both and prefer Yacht Club for the pool and ability to walk to Epcot and walk/boat to DHS. We love Magic Kingdom but find ourselves spending more time at Epcot/DHS nowadays so Yacht Club is just a better fit. That said, we really enjoyed our stay at Poly and would stay there again.

So glad to hear you enjoyed your time at the Poly! Good to know you would stay there again, I think that says a lot! We are Epcot/DHS people, too, and love how close the BC is! Thanks for your reply!

How far is thr BC CL lounge from the pool area? We are only staying for one day before we leave FL and plan on hanging at the pool all day. I don't know how much we'd use the lounge if it was far away.

Thanks!
We are at BC CL right now. Not sure if you want to just do quick trips to the lounge from the pool, since the lounge is on the 5th floor. Its not long to get to, just into the lobby and up the elevator. You do have to kind of walk around to get to the pool since it is restricted to only resort guests, so they have two check in gates. Hope that helps

I agree with @GeorgiaHoo not that there is anything wrong with Poly. It's a lovely resort, but I find it to be more chaotic than YC. I prefer the quiet of YC. BC lobby I also find to be chaotic, but I still love BC. The BC villas are one of our home resorts for DVC so I stay there often. As an adult I like to be able to walk to Epcot whenever I feel like it even if it's just for an hour or two. Also helps that my fav signature restaurant on property (Flying Fish) is a short walk away & they know me by name (and drink! :laughing:) at Crew's Cup. Having said that if you enjoy MK it's nice to have it so close to Poly via boat or monorail. The monorail also offers you tons of dining options or even the always fun monorail crawl. :drinking1

Thanks!

Neither are particularly close to the pool. I don't think I'd be popping up there for a snack or drink & interrupting pool time if that is your goal. Choosing between the two CL lounges is a tough one for me. I prefer the BC lounge for it's bigger size, but I prefer to stay at YC.

Ooooo crepes! That's new to CL isn't it? I've stayed BC, BWI, & YC CL twice & have never seen crepes at breakfast. It's been awhile since I've checked in on this thread. I check in 5/12 for 2 nights CL before moving to BWV for 2 nights. I'm just hoping for chips. So sad they don't sell them at BC Marketplace anymore. They did have them at AKL CL in Feb. I think I ate my weight in them. :laughing: I have no plans to hit the parks on check in day Sat. so I plan to camp myself in the lounge & make the most of the free snacks. ::yes::

Yes, the crepes are new, but I don't know for sure when they started having them. Today there was chocolate chip bread pudding with vanilla sauce for breakfast. I'm not a bread pudding fan so didn't try any. Seems like more of a dessert option, but I guess it's not much different from the donuts my DH gets for breakfast sometimes.

They also seem to alternate the chips & dip with the pita bread & chips. So you should have the chips at least one day!

Last edited:
We’ll be there october 26-30 so I heard it could be cold but as long as it’s not storming I’ll be swimming.

We've been going in October for the last several years and it’s never been too cold for swimming!

Well... :p

We normally go late October and it's always been warm. Last year at the end of the month there was some freak cold snap. I mean cold. No swimming cold. The weather (and other non-Disney things) put a damper on the trip for us. I love using the pool, so I was super disappointed. That whole trip was disappointing. Bah.

That's why next trip is just the two of us in May, heat baby! (and flower/garden)

But, my experience is rare. This was the only October I ever experienced cold weather.

Well... :p

We normally go late October and it's always been warm. Last year at the end of the month there was some freak cold snap. I mean cold. No swimming cold. The weather (and other non-Disney things) put a damper on the trip for us. I love using the pool, so I was super disappointed. That whole trip was disappointing. Bah.

That's why next trip is just the two of us in May, heat baby! (and flower/garden)

But, my experience is rare. This was the only October I ever experienced cold weather.
Well I’ve been in an eternal winter here in Iowa so hopefully it’s warm in October lol

Internal winter here in MA as well. Snow showers tomorrow.
We always go in October. Most years it is hot to pleasant and swimming weather at least some days. But some years it has been too cold to swim.
Do they close the pools if it’s cold?

Sorry, no. It is a plain white cotton hoodie with eh YC logo in blue on the upper left chest area. Nothing on the back. I love it but sadly, I won’t be getting it. I take a large/ size 14 normally. But the large hoodie was way too tight & they didn’t have extra large. The CM said the inventory was very limited & the staff was speculating that maybe they were going to be redesigned soon. Hope they make the sizing better!

Thanks anyhow!!

Well, I enjoyed our seven night stay at Yacht Club. it is nice to be able to walk to Epcot and then go back to the room whenever you want. The only problem we had was a lack of hot water. I love to take a hot bath and relax at the end of the day. The water was always lukewarm which resulted in cold baths. It was even lukewarm when I took a shower in the morning. I did talk to the front desk. The maintenance CM came and checked my room. She told me that due to safety concerns (children) they lowered the water temps. I wonder if the lack of hot water was due to the fact that we were in room 1011 which is probably the farthest room from the lobby? I have stayed at many resorts in WDW and never had a problem with water temperature.

I was just looking at this very room on the touring plans room finder... was that too far of a location to walk to the lobby and transportation? I'm kind of paranoid we will be in that wing and it looks so far away from everything. I'm sure it's quiet but I'd rather be close to the quick service and bus in the am. Thanks for any insight!!

Internal winter here in MA as well. Snow showers tomorrow.
We always go in October. Most years it is hot to pleasant and swimming weather at least some days. But some years it has been too cold to swim.

Southern NH here...I'll take Florida's "cold" over New England's cold any day! (Although I will say the one time we went in October, most mornings we started out wearing hoodies and were sweating in our t-shirts by mid-day. It warmed up by the end of the week though and was around 90 when we headed back home.)

I feel like this was mentioned a few pages back but couldn't find it. I have a standard view room at BC booked through a TA. Unfortunately this TA doesn't offer any other views. Is it ever possible to upgrade when you check in? Also, what about upgrading to CL? Not sure if I could get DH to go for it but has anyone had success upgrading at the hotel?

I feel like this was mentioned a few pages back but couldn't find it. I have a standard view room at BC booked through a TA. Unfortunately this TA doesn't offer any other views. Is it ever possible to upgrade when you check in? Also, what about upgrading to CL? Not sure if I could get DH to go for it but has anyone had success upgrading at the hotel?
If your TA is the one that can't be mentioned here, then you have a convention rate, which, I believe, can't be changed to a different room category. Also, your TA "owns" your reservation and any changes must go through that TA. Did you ask the TA if they have special rates for BC CL? Sometimes, they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter