• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well I’ve been in an eternal winter here in Iowa so hopefully it’s warm in October lol

Pennsylvania can’t decide which season it wants. Last Saturday, it was 85. Yesterday, it snowed at my daughter’s track meet. I vastly prefer 85 to snow.

Pennsylvania can’t decide which season it wants. Last Saturday, it was 85. Yesterday, it snowed at my daughter’s track meet. I vastly prefer 85 to snow.
Omg I wish it was 85. We got about 5 inches of snow today and freezing rain.

If your TA is the one that can't be mentioned here, then you have a convention rate, which, I believe, can't be changed to a different room category. Also, your TA "owns" your reservation and any changes must go through that TA. Did you ask the TA if they have special rates for BC CL? Sometimes, they do.
Yep, I think it's the same one. That's kind of a bummer, but thanks for the tip about asking them for CL rooms. Doesn't hurt to ask to see what they say.

Yep, I think it's the same one. That's kind of a bummer, but thanks for the tip about asking them for CL rooms. Doesn't hurt to ask to see what they say.
I wonder if we booked through the same “magical” ta. We are staying at bc with a standard view in October.

We normally go late October and it's always been warm. Last year at the end of the month there was some freak cold snap. I mean cold. No swimming cold.
We hit the same cold snap last October, too, and were very disappointed that it was too cold to swim. :( But usually the weather is very nice at the end of October.

Well I’ve been in an eternal winter here in Iowa so hopefully it’s warm in October lol
We have snow on the ground here in the Chicago suburbs. I know that it will be hot when we are at the BC in June, though, but it feels like a long way away right now.

Do they close the pools if it’s cold?
The pools will still be open. We were at Storm Along Bay in January when it was 67 degrees. There were people swimming, mostly kids, and they still had the pool games and tie-dyeing activities. Sometimes they will close the pool early at night, like maybe 8 or 9 pm, if it is really cold out. But it has to be very cold before they close the pool, since there are always people wiling to swim in cold weather. The quiet pools stay open until 11 pm no matter how cold it is. :)

I was just looking at this very room on the touring plans room finder... was that too far of a location to walk to the lobby and transportation? I'm kind of paranoid we will be in that wing and it looks so far away from everything. I'm sure it's quiet but I'd rather be close to the quick service and bus in the am. Thanks for any insight!!
It was very far away from the lobby, quick service, and the buses. If I had it to do over I would have asked to change rooms. I also think this was the problem with the hot water otherwise everyone would be complaining. Another problem for some might be the dogs. I did not hear or see any dogs (except one in the lobby). Often times during the week I saw the dog room tags across the hall.
On the positive the room is quiet and has great views of the lagoon.

Do they close the pools if it’s cold?
If it is cold enough yes. But it is very unusual.
There was a day or two this past winter when the water park and all of the resort feature pools were closed because of cold. The quiet pools were unaffected

I'd love some opinions:reviews of having 5 people in a garden view at YC. Group is me (34), DS (4), Grandma (60), niece (12) & step-nephew (13). Staying for 5 days in June, one day at each park. Taking mid-day pool & nap break. Husband & I stayed at YC 9/2017 with our son and LOVED it. I thought the rooms were a great size but there were only 3 of us. Currently booked in AoA Lion King. Only $20 more per night for YC. AoA pros are 2 bathrooms, bigger, separate rooms. YC pros are location & Stormalong. I'd love to hear people's thoughts!

An FYI: they are currently doing some painting touch ups around the resort. We have seen equipment around the BC & along the walkway from BC to Beaches & Cream.

08D951BC-7CAC-44BB-AD6A-CAA6C8FDDC41.png 4A35E378-7F30-4CC5-BEC9-5DC6103536E4.png

We’re at YC so it hasn’t really bothered us, but I imagine if you were in a water view room at BC it might not be great. Hmmm, now that I think about it, we couldn’t get our last night at YC with our discount, so we are moving to a waterview room at BC tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it is!

Yesterday’s breakfast in the lounge was chocolate chip bread pudding.

BB4FFE83-923F-4AE7-B75A-B3D4191780E7.png

I didn’t try it, not a bread pudding fan

An FYI: they are currently doing some painting touch ups around the resort. We have seen equipment around the BC & along the walkway from BC to Beaches & Cream.

View attachment 317696 View attachment 317697

We’re at YC so it hasn’t really bothered us, but I imagine if you were in a water view room at BC it might not be great. Hmmm, now that I think about it, we couldn’t get our last night at YC with our discount, so we are moving to a waterview room at BC tomorrow. I’ll let you know how it is!

Yesterday’s breakfast in the lounge was chocolate chip bread pudding.

View attachment 317698

I didn’t try it, not a bread pudding fan
I am going to gain sooooooooo much weight this trip... and it will be totally worth it. :cool1:

We hit the same cold snap last October, too, and were very disappointed that it was too cold to swim. :( But usually the weather is very nice at the end of October.

We have snow on the ground here in the Chicago suburbs. I know that it will be hot when we are at the BC in June, though, but it feels like a long way away right now.

The pools will still be open. We were at Storm Along Bay in January when it was 67 degrees. There were people swimming, mostly kids, and they still had the pool games and tie-dyeing activities. Sometimes they will close the pool early at night, like maybe 8 or 9 pm, if it is really cold out. But it has to be very cold before they close the pool, since there are always people wiling to swim in cold weather. The quiet pools stay open until 11 pm no matter how cold it is. :)
If it’s cold but the pools are still open I’m going swimming lol. I paid a lot to stay at bc and we might not be back so I’m taking advantage of SAB.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Just booked my first trip to the Beach Club Club Level and looking at room options, does anyone know if rooms 5681, 5679 or 5677 have a full balcony? Really can't wait!

Can anyone also reassure me about the buses? Have heard some negative reviews about how full the buses are and how long they take to turn up to get to MK and AK

Is it better to take the monorail to mk from beach club or a bus?
The buses are direct to the MK!

To reach the nearest Monorail station you will need to walk through EPCOT and have a valid ticket that allows park hopping to get through EPCOT. The Monorail from EPCOT goes to the TTC where you would need to transfer to either the resort Monorail or the MK Express Monorail.

Dave

The buses are direct to the MK!

To reach the nearest Monorail station you will need to walk through EPCOT and have a valid ticket that allows park hopping to get through EPCOT. The Monorail from EPCOT goes to the TTC where you would need to transfer to either the resort Monorail or the MK Express Monorail.

Dave
Depends on if you feel like walking. To take the monorail you’ll need to walk through Epcot. Then take the Epcot - TTC monorail and at TTC switch to the MK line.
Okay we’ll plan on taking the bus. Thanks!

Hi All,

Just booked my first trip to the Beach Club Club Level and looking at room options, does anyone know if rooms 5681, 5679 or 5677 have a full balcony? Really can't wait!

Can anyone also reassure me about the buses? Have heard some negative reviews about how full the buses are and how long they take to turn up to get to MK and AK
We've never stayed at Beach Club but stayed a number of times at Yacht Club (they share buses) and I don't think the buses are any worse or better than the other resorts we've stayed at. Sometimes they are crowded and sometimes not, and sometimes you have a bit of a wait and sometimes they pull right up. That said, I hate Disney buses so I tend to Uber or take a Minnie Van to MK and AK. Uber will cost about $10, a Minnie Van $25. Much more relaxing and you are in control of when you leave.

We've never stayed at Beach Club but stayed a number of times at Yacht Club (they share buses) and I don't think the buses are any worse or better than the other resorts we've stayed at. Sometimes they are crowded and sometimes not, and sometimes you have a bit of a wait and sometimes they pull right up. That said, I hate Disney buses so I tend to Uber or take a Minnie Van to MK and AK. Uber will cost about $10, a Minnie Van $25. Much more relaxing and you are in control of when you leave.
On our last trip we used Uber for most park openings, and to get to resorts, and Disney Springs. It was well worth it for us to spend money and save time. But, there were only 2 of us so much easy to get an Uber, as opposed to having a lot of people or needing car seats.

On our last trip we used Uber for most park openings, and to get to resorts, and Disney Springs. It was well worth it for us to spend money and save time. But, there were only 2 of us so much easy to get an Uber, as opposed to having a lot of people or needing car seats.
We used a Minnie van to get to our adr at ohana from Pop. It was a lot easier than going to the mk by bus, then taking the monorail or boat to the poly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter