• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Checked in to the YC yesterday. The room is gorgeous, but good grief is it loud. We can hear our neighbors' conversations, stomping around, every toilet flush, the buses out front, and the worst is that our room is directly under the club level lounge so we can hear footsteps and chairs scraping loudly on the floor up above. We've just got one more night so I don't know if I should bother complaining. :guilty:

Even if you don't want to move, you might want to at least say something to the manager at the front desk, then when you get home, write to Guest Services and relay your experiences. The decision was made to remove carpeting, which at least muffles and absorbs sounds... they need to know what the results of that decision are.

Yikes! This was my concern when they started removing carpet from rooms with the remodels. Ugghh.

It's funny you should all think the lack of carpets in the rooms is responsible for the increased noise level as I thought the exact same thing when I stayed at the Boardwalk Villas for the first time in May :rolleyes1 When I stayed at the Yacht Club last December (pre-renovations) it was so quiet it was as though I was the only one staying in that area :cool1: When I was at the Boardwalk, I could hear every conversation when people were out in the halls :confused3 It took me a few days to realize that the flooring as you enter the room up to the bed area was most likely the reason why :headache:

Update: I went to the front desk and spoke to the manager. She found a room for us on the second floor that was available immediately. So we went and packed up, carried our things (don't have enough to need bell services) to the new room and we can't get it with our magic bands. After she said she set the up to work correctly. So DH walked all the way back to the front desk to get them to fix it so we could get in. Finally made it in the room. We have a nice lagoon view. We'll see if it's quieter! I bet we will still hear neighbors but at least we're not below the lounge. I did ask if she had many complaints about the noise with the new floors and she said that she had been hearing that a good bit.

PHEW!!!

All Caught up on posts and the Be Our Guest list.

But don't expect it to last... the ship in my ticker is about to clear the palm trees and Teena and I will be sailing away on the Fantasy a week from tomorrow.

Please check the list to see if I have your trip information listed correctly

Post 15: Be Our Guest List

:goodvibes
Thanks for adding us to the Be Our Guest List. I forgot to mention our exact dates...we will be there July 8-15. I may add an extra day, but for now those are our dates. We can't wait! My daughter leaned over to me at church this morning and randomly said "I can't wait to stay at the Beach Club." So cute!

Page 1014-1015

I was going to like your post, except I didn't want to appear like I liked what you went through. That is not ok. The front desk really should have been able to help you without sending you from room to room to room!

:sad2:

I'm so glad that all's well that ends well.

Do you happen to recall the room number of the one at the BC with a Queen and pullout?

:magnify:

I don't still have the room number of the one queen bed BC room we were assigned. She had written it down on a piece of paper, which was later tossed. I know it was on a fourth floor garden room view, that faced off the back.

Dee, forgot to post, they've added some "artwork (?)" To the dining area at Ale and Compass Market. Feel free to use these.

Attachments

• IMG_2474.JPG
    IMG_2474.JPG
    65.3 KB · Views: 50
  • IMG_2475.JPG
    IMG_2475.JPG
    49.5 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_2476.JPG
    IMG_2476.JPG
    68.2 KB · Views: 47

My online check-in request options for my upcoming garden/woods view BC room include "grand stand section", and "near paddock". I don't know what either of these areas are- can anyone describe? I've stayed at BC several times, but I'm unfamiliar with either of these. Thanks!

My online check-in request options for my upcoming garden/woods view BC room include "grand stand section", and "near paddock". I don't know what either of these areas are- can anyone describe? I've stayed at BC several times, but I'm unfamiliar with either of these. Thanks!

It means your stay is at Saratoga Springs-

DON'T PANIC!!! Others have reported this recent glitch in the check-in system. Give it a day or so and check again.

:thumbsup2

Re breakfast: last night we were able to make an ADR for Captain's Grille for today. Still in the temporary Ariel area. Had the Mickey waffles.

We knew that Trattoria on Boardwalk has character breakfast. Stopped by and found out they also have a non-character section for breakfast. You order off a menu;it is not a buffet. No ADR's accepted for this. Walk-ins only.

Re breakfast: last night we were able to make an ADR for Captain's Grille for today. Still in the temporary Ariel area. Had the Mickey waffles.

We knew that Trattoria on Boardwalk has character breakfast. Stopped by and found out they also have a non-character section for breakfast. You order off a menu;it is not a buffet. No ADR's accepted for this. Walk-ins only.

I didn't know that about La Trattoria. Thanks for sharing that info.

:thumbsup2

Can't believe we're going to be back at the YC in two weeks! This trip is coming up fast!

Since I'm arriving in the morning, and my mom isn't arriving until the evening, I'm planning on setting up a little room surprise for her. So far I'm planning on picking up that cute wine bag from F&W and a bottle of wine since we love hanging out on the balcony with a glass of wine after a long day. Trying to figure out some other goodies to add to her surprise...does anyone have any suggestions?

I am in uncharted territory here, I keep seeing posts about DVC requests have been approved for stays and I'm trying to figure out if renting DVC points is worth it? I've done a bit of looking and I see that you can't get things like free dining and you have to pay for the reservation all up front. Does any one have any advise on this? It almost seems like you would have to book a room, so you know that you have one, then wait until the 11 month mark and try to get a DVC for the time that you want? Is that how it works? Is it worth it? I'm just trying to explore options so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Can't believe we're going to be back at the YC in two weeks! This trip is coming up fast!

Since I'm arriving in the morning, and my mom isn't arriving until the evening, I'm planning on setting up a little room surprise for her. So far I'm planning on picking up that cute wine bag from F&W and a bottle of wine since we love hanging out on the balcony with a glass of wine after a long day. Trying to figure out some other goodies to add to her surprise...does anyone have any suggestions?

How about some wine glasses from F&W & maybe the mickey bottle stopper in case you don't finish your bottle of wine in one sitting. They make great souvenirs.
Enjoy your trip!

I am in uncharted territory here, I keep seeing posts about DVC requests have been approved for stays and I'm trying to figure out if renting DVC points is worth it? I've done a bit of looking and I see that you can't get things like free dining and you have to pay for the reservation all up front. Does any one have any advise on this? It almost seems like you would have to book a room, so you know that you have one, then wait until the 11 month mark and try to get a DVC for the time that you want? Is that how it works? Is it worth it? I'm just trying to explore options so any input would be greatly appreciated.

Lots of threads on this elsewhere. You have to find an owner who has points they don't need. Or use an agency to find an owner who has points they don't need. Free dining never applies. You don't get daily housekeeping. Some types of room categories have small inventory, so you're not likely to get them. You need to understand the room configuration if you need more than one bed. A non-refundable advanced payment is not unusual. Some time periods are very popular and hard to book. And finally, demand exceeds supply because lots of people think renting is a good idea but there are not lots of owners with unused points to rent.

If you are heading into EPCOT, maybe something from Karamel Kuche?

How about some wine glasses from F&W & maybe the mickey bottle stopper in case you don't finish your bottle of wine in one sitting. They make great souvenirs.
Enjoy your trip!

Great ideas! I was planning on just using the coffee cups to drink out of, but actual wine glasses would be a bit more classy, and the wine stopper is perfect, never would have thought of that! Thanks!

If you are heading into EPCOT, maybe something from Karamel Kuche?

Oh yum! My mom does love caramel, so some fresh treats sound great. May have to pick up some for myself too!

I would stop at Les Halles Boulangerie-Patisserie in the France pavilion and pick up some pastries or savories to enjoy with your wine. Sneak in a nice new pair of pj's for Mom to wear while you enjoy your treats out on the balcony!
Have a great trip! :)

The character breakfast at Trattoria is not a buffet either. Do you happen to know if the menu is the same as the character dining or is it the old old Trattoria breakfast menu?

It's my Mum's birthday on our first morning so I have been collecting together presents and also have a list of things to get her when we arrive. In a basket I am putting: 2 Disney champagne glasses (taking 1/2 bottle of our favourite fizz with me), Disney socks (bought here), notebook, shower puff, Disney shower gel (she loves the in room ones so buying a big one), peanutbutter M&Ms (hard to get in the UK and her favourite), a mystery pack of pins (we have never traded so a first to try on this trip), birthday bandits. I'm taking cellophane and ribbons to parcel it all up nicely. Plus some room decorations! Have a wonderful time with your Mum!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter