• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Question about online checkin, as mine is coming up soon. What are the advantages? We're booked standard garden view room and have no preferences other than being on as high a floor as possible. We're arriving in the late morning so it's not likely our room will be ready when we arrive. Our plan is to have lunch at Crew's Cup and then change into swim stuff and stash our bags with the bell desk so we can relax at SAB all afternoon until the room is ready. And to be honest, I like having that bit of human interaction when I arrive at a hotel. Should I do online checkin at all?

Here is photo:

yc-refurbed-room-beverage-set-up_2017-jpg.243786

I think this is the model:
http://commercial.keurig.com/brewers/k130/
Thank you so much!! This is perfect!! I love my Cinnabon coffee, and I'm never able to drink it while on vacation!! Now I get to!! Thanks again!!

Wish they would release the Military discount, I'm anxious to see what the discount will be at Beach Club, what category that is will be on the discount.....:magnify:

I read on the first post that the Yacht Club rooms have Keurig coffee machines. Can anyone tell me if it's the normal kcup kind of the 2.0 kind?? Or if someone has a picture or can direct me to a picture of what the machine actually looks like. Thanks!!!

Just booked Yacht Club for November 25th to 30th!!!! My husband has a conference there that week. We have stayed at Beach Club but that was in 2014. We are excited about staying so close to Epcot again. We are planning to see the candlelight processional and we are also going to purchase tickets to the mvmcp on the 28th!! We are so excited!!! It's just the 2 of us!!!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I see shoreward beat me to the reply- the coffee info post is on Page 1, Post 14- Other Useful Info. You can find a picture there, too.

:coffee:

Yes on the Lyft or Minnie Van transportation to POR.

I recommend Boatwrights! Great food and service. If you play your cards right you may get to enjoy YeeHa Bob Jackson who performs at the bar right next door (The River Roost)
Here is his schedule: http://www.yehaabob.com/
His show is a can't miss!

~NM

Booooo it looks like he is off on August 21st! I was getting excited...

We are arriving early September for 10 days our first stay at the Yacht Club! So excited. What is the Be Our Guest list? Does anyone know if any of the renovated rooms still have the nautical headboards? Last question... We are staying one night at POR royal room and headed to Epcot the following day, then checking in to the YC. How important is it to check in early? I also requested a specific room number.

All right, I'm sure that this answer is somewhere, but with thousands of pots to look through ,I was getting tired. I am planning my first Disney vacation since 2015 and my ex did all the planning so I have no idea where to start. I'm bringing 4 adults (including myself) and my will be almost 5 at the time grandson. This would be my first time at a deluxe, but with the size of our party our options are limited if we don't want to spend a lot of money. What I want to know is if I book the resort as soon as I am able and then free dining is announced after I have already booked, can I call and have it added (which doesn't sound right) or do I need to cancel and re-book? I'm so excited to be headed back to Disney and to stay at the Yacht Club, I just wish it were closer because that countdown ticker is just so say. Any help anyone can give me, I would greatly appreciate. Thank you!!! And dang it I cant get my ticker to work!!! But it's 2 years 2 months 2 weeks and 1 day away...such a long time!!

I can answer because I just did this! October 2016 I booked our family of 4 our 10 day vacation package staying at the Beach Club. Later when the "free meal" plan was announced at 3:30ish am on a Monday I began the phone calls to modify my plans. The phone lines were crazy busy and my calls beginning at 7am on two phone lines were answered around 11am and I called continuously. Very frustrating. When I finally got thorough there was no longer availability at the Beach Club but still rooms available with the "free" discount at the Yacht Club and would save me well over 2 thousand dollars. So your answer is yes! Book room or package now and modify as discounts are announced. This is what Disney recommends but I personally feel having our vacation booked did not make a difference when the discount was announced. The cast member had to "cancel" like you said and very quickly re-book! Few.... Lots of fun, stressful planning milestones along the way but September will be our vacation and we are very excited! Im sure it will be worth every step. Happy planning.

30 days til YC! And 29 days til our Disney vacation begins! (Awesome flight deal means arriving a day earlier, staying at Pop for a night and an extra half day at MK!) I feel like I've been planning forever and it's all finally done! So excited for our son to see WDW. I've been showing him my photo albums (real albums with printed pictures) from all our past trips. And DH's surgeon decided his hernia was so small surgery should wait which means no restrictions or recovery at Disney! For room requests, should I fax something to YC or call? We are in a garden room. Honestly I'm not that concerned about room location but if we are overlooking the wedding gazebo, I was under the impression we may be able to see some fireworks. DS is 3.5 so we won't be staying in the parks for fireworks every night. Probably doing the Star Wars dessert party though! (And I'm rambling because I'm so excited!)

We are arriving early September for 10 days our first stay at the Yacht Club! So excited. What is the Be Our Guest list? Does anyone know if any of the renovated rooms still have the nautical headboards? Last question... We are staying one night at POR royal room and headed to Epcot the following day, then checking in to the YC. How important is it to check in early? I also requested a specific room number.

The Be Our Guest list is the list of all those DISers staying at the YC/BC and the dates of their stay,
No, no renovated rooms have the nautical headboards.
Checking in early is a good idea IMHO. You can ask if your requests have been met and if not maybe see about the options.
Requesting a specific room number is not a good idea and it is not recommended. In the likely event that room is not available for your checkin day, the room assigners have no idea what about that room appealed to you so that they can try to find another room that would please you. Generic requests like high floor near elevator are recommended.

@Sharka8 - That is great news about your husband, and I'm sure a huge relief to you! One less thing to plan for. ;)

Booooo it looks like he is off on August 21st! I was getting excited...

I keep missing him, too! He'll be on vacation on the nights we're available on our upcoming trip, and we weren't able to see him our last trip either. Always one more thing to look forward to on our next trip!

The Be Our Guest list is the list of all those DISers staying at the YC/BC and the dates of their stay,
No, no renovated rooms have the nautical headboards.
Checking in early is a good idea IMHO. You can ask if your requests have been met and if not maybe see about the options.
Requesting a specific room number is not a good idea and it is not recommended. In the likely event that room is not available for your checkin day, the room assigners have no idea what about that room appealed to you so that they can try to find another room that would please you. Generic requests like high floor near elevator are recommended.

I agree with all of this especially the part about requesting a specific room. Maybe you could request at least a range of rooms and make life easier for their room assigner?

If you time it right, you can take what I call the "Fireworks Cruise," which is actually the FriendShip boat timed to see the fireworks while on the way to/from HS. One time, I could see the fireworks from IllumiNations out one side and HS fireworks out the other. The captain was great - he purposely slowed down the speed to a crawl, so that everyone on board could see the HS show.

The Friendship boat captains are great!

For room requests, should I fax something to YC or call?

My understanding is that the room assigners no longer look at faxes.

My understanding also is that some people use a Touring Plans tool which faxes in a very specific request, and people get that request.

Obviously the two conflict.

I would call in my request rather than run the risk that the fax does not get read.

I have only been to Disneyworld on 2 other visits however I have helped plan a few as well. I have requested room numbers also with other details such as floor, building number and locations in case it was too specific. I and others I have helped have apparently been lucky because we have always recieved our exact room number request. I am easy to please certainly not difficult or a complainer but it works! Disney is amazing.

My understanding is that the room assigners no longer look at faxes.

My understanding also is that some people use a Touring Plans tool which faxes in a very specific request, and people get that request.

Obviously the two conflict.

I would call in my request rather than run the risk that the fax does not get read.

My TA has noted my requests on my reservation. Do you think I should still use Touring Plans and ask for the same requests she's already noted? I don't want to confuse the scheduler even though it would be the same request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter