• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

The Three Mouseketeers
wp_20160108_049-jpg.144198
:thumbsup2

Awesome caption. Someone, please, photoshop Mickey ears!!!

:earsboy:

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on going to the parks on Sunday, but now I have a ticket. I'll be on the lookout for people I know, I'll be wearing a light blue Beach Club shirt.
Helpful Hint: If you are trying to find me, look down. ;)

Here are my plans.

EP:
Breakfast at French bakery around 9, then Behind the Seeds tour (not booked yet)
Hang around EP for the morning
Early lunch - Spice Road Table or Japan

Head to HS:
12:05 Frozen Sing a Long
1:20-2:20 Star Tours
2:55 Toy Story Mania (will hit as soon as FP opens)

Then headed back to Beach Club and hang around there until dinner at 5.

I wasn't planning on going to the parks on Sunday, but now I have a ticket. I'll be on the lookout for people I know, I'll be wearing a light blue Beach Club shirt.

Here are my plans.

EP:
Breakfast at French bakery around 9, then Behind the Seeds tour (not booked yet)

Head to HS:

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the "Behind the Seeds" tour. We are really looking forward to it in March.

Wondering if anyone has ever done the "Marceline to Magic" tour at Magic Kingdom? We are thinking of adding it to one of our MK days and would love any feedback/advice on it! TIA!

Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the "Behind the Seeds" tour. We are really looking forward to it in March.
My son and DIL did this in December. They had nothing but positive comments about it. I guess they must have really liked it because they said it probably will be on their list of "must do's" in the future.
Katesdad

Well, I just booked the Beach Club for our December trip!!! I was good though and saved some money and only booked a garden view, no club level this trip. The cost, even with my cast discount has gotten a little much for us retirees! Jim likes having the dinning plan, so that is fine. The good thing is the Holiday Cast discounts come out the beginning of Oct., so maybe I can get the bigger discount. Anyway, we will be there the 6th to the 13th of December and go to the Christmas party and Candlelight Processional. So, now 2 trips planned!!

Anyone have any pictures of new yacht club club level rooms and concierge room? Thanks

hi all
Has anyone had any issues getting garden grocer delivered prior to arrival?
We arrive Wed at 1030pm but would love to have things for the morning.
Also, I am going to call tomorrow, but figured I would ask - will the staff put something like milk in the fridge while they await our arrival?
I assume the BC fridges are big enough for a quart?
thanks

hi all
Also, I am going to call tomorrow, but figured I would ask - will the staff put something like milk in the fridge while they await our arrival?
thanks

We have ordered Garden Grocer for our YC stays many times and always choose a time slot before our arrival. The bellhops will hold your delivery and keep perishables in the fridge for you. When you arrive, just stop by their desk or call down to have them deliver to your room. I believe Garden Grocer will text or email you that your groceries were delivered. It really works out great. We use them for every trip. Enjoy!

hi all
thanks

When you get into your room, you call Bell Services and they will deliver your Garden Grocer order. As long as Garden Grocer packages and labels cold stuff together, it will be stored in the Bell Services storage area in a refrigerator. Bell Services cannot deliver Garden Grocer orders to your room until you are in the room.

Any updates on whether or not refirbs have started on the CL rooms at Yacht Club?? I've been off the boards for a while and we are staying CL SV starting April 30th. Wondering if we will for sure get a new room :disrocks:

Iam planning a trip to either the Yacht Club Club Level or the Beach Club Club Level in September this year as part of my DD's surprise 21st birthday trip.
My question has probably been answered in this thread but as there is so much to read I hope you don't mind if I ask it anyway.
I have read that the Yacht Club Lounge has been refurbished and was wondering if the Yacht Club Club Level standard rooms will be undergoing a make over and if so when will this be started and when is it likely to be completed.

We have done the Behind the Seeds Tour and totally enjoyed it. Our son is a scientist (chemist) and we treated him to this tour after his high school graduation. Obviously, he has gone on and earned his degree in chemistry, but we all enjoyed the experience.

Anyone have any pictures of new yacht club club level rooms and concierge room? Thanks
:welcome: To the thread and to posting on the DIS.

There are some pictures of the refurbished yacht club lounge on page 1, post 12.

As far as I know the work on the club level rooms has not commenced but should be starting any day now.

ETA: Or not! We are not sure when the YC room renovations will be starting.

Fyi- We do our best to keep the very first post on page 1 updated with the latest refurbishment news.

:good vibes:

Last edited:
Like a few others, weighing out the Yacht Club Club Level vs ta deal for Beach Club standard. Think I'm almost decided but keep switching my mind. Wanted to know if the hot offerings for the club level follow any standard rotation per week/month? Trying to see for the days we'd be able to use the lounge in the late afternoons if they're things we'd like.

Here are my plans.

EP:

Head to HS:

My daughter did Behind the Seeds last year and loved it.

Iam planning a trip to either the Yacht Club Club Level or the Beach Club Club Level in September this year as part of my DD's surprise 21st birthday trip.
My question has probably been answered in this thread but as there is so much to read I hope you don't mind if I ask it anyway.
I have read that the Yacht Club Lounge has been refurbished and was wondering if the Yacht Club Club Level standard rooms will be undergoing a make over and if so when will this be started and when is it likely to be completed.

:welcome:

Yes lounge has been refurbished. The rooms on the 5th floor club level will be started soon. We have not seen a timetable. I think the beach club 5th floor room renovations took place from mid October to early December 2014

:)

ETA- I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1. We have been getting mixed reports from various sources about when the YC room renovations will start.

Continue to monitor the first post on Page 1 of this thread for refurb news.

At this point, the only way to ensure you will have a renovated room is for a Beach Club stay. You can always book there and if the rooms at YC CL have been redone, Disney makes it easy to switch your reservation (if there is availability).

Last edited:
Any updates on whether or not refirbs have started on the CL rooms at Yacht Club?? I've been off the boards for a while and we are staying CL SV starting April 30th. Wondering if we will for sure get a new room :disrocks:

As I mentioned rooms on club level have not been started but should be soon. Not sure if the rooms will be done by the time of your trip but it is very possible.

:good vibes:

ETA: Or not! We are not sure when the YC room renovations will be starting. It is possible that we won't find out the dates of the refurb until the construction actually begins. When we receive verified info, I will post the news on Page 1, Post 1 of this thread.

Last edited:
We had a great time tonight. I saw Teena and Dee before they had to shout my name. We rode some rides, ate some food and had a some laughs. It was a great way to spend my last night at WDW. I'll write more thoughts when we get home, but for now I can say we've had a great week and tonight was a highlight. :)

I did not know any of my Dis friends before but thanks to this friendly thread I've made some great friends and had the opportunity to meet some of them in person. It has been great to develop such a great group of disney friends!

I can't believe what a great knitting memory you have. Knitting is still a defining thing for my life. When I'm not planning a trip to disney, I'm thinking about knitting. I did abandon my personal blog a couple of years ago but did start another one this year that focuses on my mitten patterns that I design. Google Janet Welsh Knits and you'll find me and my mittens.

I didn't bring any knitting with me on this trip and I think this is the longest I've gone without knitting in the past 35 years. I want disney to open a yarn store!

Janet, I just googled and WOW...you have some amazing designs. You are one talented lady!!!

Like a few others, weighing out the Yacht Club Club Level vs ta deal for Beach Club standard. Think I'm almost decided but keep switching my mind. Wanted to know if the hot offerings for the club level follow any standard rotation per week/month? Trying to see for the days we'd be able to use the lounge in the late afternoons if they're things we'd like.

No set schedule of food offerings that I know about.

:goodvibes

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter