Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I just booked BC CL from May 7th to the 14th.i was very fortunate to get a CM's friends and family discount so it really helps. As I right now I am not able to get the dining plan but since we are CL it helps a little. My question is if we want drinks and we are by the pool do we have to go back to the lounge to get them or are we able to get them by the pool. By drinks I mean soda, water etc

You can get drinks by the pool. There are servers walking around or you can go get them yourself.

ETA
You will have to pay for them though. Only the drinks provided in the lounge are included in your Club Level Room.

You can get drinks by the pool. There are servers walking around or you can go get them yourself.

ETA
You will have to pay for them though. Only the drinks provided in the lounge are included in your Club Level Room.

If you get drinks by the pool wouldn't you be charged for them? Pool beverages are not included in CL though

Sorry we must have been posting at the same timue

We will be staying at the BC Villas in March, in a 2 bedroom. Are the balconies full in all the villas? Are there any room requests I should be thinking about making? We really don't care about the view, and I'm assuming we're already close-ish to Epcot. I would like a full balcony.

We will be staying at the BC Villas in March, in a 2 bedroom. Are the balconies full in all the villas? Are there any room requests I should be thinking about making? We really don't care about the view, and I'm assuming we're already close-ish to Epcot. I would like a full balcony.
Yes, all of the villas have full balconies. The livingroom section and the studio/2nd bedroom has a full balcony. Some of the master bedrooms have a full balcony, too.

Looking forward to my first stay at Yacht Club in May! I've been researching the resort (thanks, btw, to everyone who's involved with this thread!), and I have some questions about rooms. First, does every upper-floor garden-view room at YC have a full balcony, or do I need to request a full balcony? Second, are all of the rooms scheduled for refurbishment or just the club-level rooms? Third, do garden-view rooms generally have good views?

Those probably are my priorities: a full balcony, a recently refreshed room (if possible) and a decent view (no dumpsters or flat rooftops, please :lmao:). So, calling all YC experts: Any suggestions for room requests? Thanks!

Thank you - I have read some horror stories and the pool is a big deal to us as the weather in the uk is not good! We are hoping to go from August 18th onwards.

I think this sort of practice is really discouraged, and if I saw anyone doing it, wouldn't think twice about moving their towel to the side...

Looking forward to my first stay at Yacht Club in May! I've been researching the resort (thanks, btw, to everyone who's involved with this thread!), and I have some questions about rooms. First, does every upper-floor garden-view room at YC have a full balcony, or do I need to request a full balcony? Second, are all of the rooms scheduled for refurbishment or just the club-level rooms? Third, do garden-view rooms generally have good views?

Those probably are my priorities: a full balcony, a recently refreshed room (if possible) and a decent view (no dumpsters or flat rooftops, please :lmao:). So, calling all YC experts: Any suggestions for room requests? Thanks!

All garden view rooms have full balconies. If you want to face the back of the resort, with possible slight view of Crescent Lake, request the ever-popular Wedding Gazebo view.

As for room refurb schedule, the 5th floor rooms (Club Level) are starting this month. Following the BC's construction schedule, they work from the top floor, down. You can always place a request for a newly-refurbished room, but there are never any guaranties. There is a good chance that there will be some refurbed rooms on the 4th floor by May, unless something happens, unexpectedly.

All garden view rooms have full balconies. If you want to face the back of the resort, with possible slight view of Crescent Lake, request the ever-popular Wedding Gazebo view.

As for room refurb schedule, the 5th floor rooms (Club Level) are starting this month. Following the BC's construction schedule, they work from the top floor, down. You can always place a request for a newly-refurbished room, but there are never any guaranties. There is a good chance that there will be some refurbed rooms on the 4th floor by May, unless something happens, unexpectedly.

Perfect! Just the type of info I was looking for. Thanks!

Hi fellow Brit :wave: We always travel in August (tied to school holidays) and have never had a problem finding space for 3 somewhere around Storm-along-bay. The refurb is due to start very soon at Yacht Club and should be finished by Autumn 2016 (see the first post on this thread that is always kept up to date by the wonderful Dee who has her minions everywhere). If you follow along with our thread you will be kept really well up to date. I personally will be bombarding the thread with pictures during out up-coming August stay. We prefer the Yacht Club as travelling with an 11 year old we like to have the balcony to sit out on of a night with a beer and glass of wine, whilst DD hopefully drops off to sleep.

We have pushed the boat out this coming trip and have up-graded to the DXDDP, because we prefer an app over a dessert and also due to the lack of counter service offerings within quick reach of Yacht. We are staying off-site for our first 9 nights (6 on IDrive and 3 at Universal) then 12 nights at Disney so we wont be loosing out on meal credits by being off-site at other parks (well that was the plan, but today we have been invited to a wedding during our Disney stay so will be off-site for the best part of a day).

Happy planning, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask.

Thank you - I would be gutted to have access to a gorgeous pool we couldn't even use. Look forward to seeing your photos - really excited to be able to book Yacht Club but just need to keep fingers crossed for free dining come April!!

I think this sort of practice is really discouraged, and if I saw anyone doing it, wouldn't think twice about moving their towel to the side...

Thank you for your reply - I was hoping it was a undisney thing to do but for some European beach holidays you have to be up at 6am to get a space by the pool as many do reserve sun loungers. You are brave to move towels - as someone from the UK where forming a queue (line) is a national pastime I wouldn't be able to do it! :thanks::rolleyes1

If anyone is currently at the YC, I would greatly appreciate an update on refurb status. Guest Services is saying that there is no current or upcoming refurbishment scheduled at the YC.

The CM said the only projects underway or scheduled in the area were the BC Villas and Stormalong Bay Jib. She said there was nothing noted about the YC refurb. That is contrary to other info out there. I'm wondering if the info was bad or the plans changed. :scratchin

If anyone is currently at the YC, I would greatly appreciate an update on refurb status. Guest Services is saying that there is no current or upcoming refurbishment scheduled at the YC.

The CM said the only projects underway or scheduled in the area were the BC Villas and Stormalong Bay Jib. She said there was nothing noted about the YC refurb. That is contrary to other info out there. I'm wondering if the info was bad or the plans changed. :scratchin

The rehab on the Beach Club Villas starts this week, the Yacht Club rehab is due to start August of this year (by which time the BCV should be close to being done, if not complete.)

The rehab on the Beach Club Villas starts this week, the Yacht Club rehab is due to start August of this year (by which time the BCV should be close to being done, if not complete.)

Thanks, KateP85, for the info. I wonder why the Club Lounge refurb project was completed separately, unlike the BC, where they just kept going after the Lounge, floor by floor. They must have decided to prioritize the BC Villas. Does that mean that no guest rooms, including Club Level, will start till summer?

That is a different schedule, than was previously out there.

I'm baaaack!!!!

:welcome:

I have not seen official dates for the YC renovation. Disney does not always release the dates of the work in advance, so we usually don't know when the projects will begin until they actually start.

I have been presuming that the renovations will be starting soon since the Yacht Club lounge has been completed. But I have not been hearing that guests with upcoming reservations at club level at the YC have been receiving letters about potential construction.

There can be a lot of things that affect the timeline of the project- approval of the room design, availability of materials to be used, other projects the construction crew is working on. I believe the BCV crew is different from the one that will be working on the Yacht Club.

As always, as soon as I hear anything definitive, I will post it in the first post on Page 1 of this thread.

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
Ok so Disney called us They are starting YC CL room renovations and wanted us to move. We are now at the beach club. We arrive tomorrow night and I can't wait!

I have been presuming that the renovations will be starting soon since the Yacht Club lounge has been completed. But I have not been hearing that guests with upcoming reservations at club level at the YC have been receiving letters about potential construction.

The above quote was posted on Pg. 355. So I'm wondering if they have postponed the renovation? I've got a YC CL trip planned for Jan 31- Feb 7th, but haven't heard anything from the IPO about any renovations.

Just wondering where you got this info? Thanks!

A friend is the project manager for the renovations. He starts on the BCV this coming week, then will start the YC rehab in August. He said there may be some overlap between the two, I guess depending if the BCV are completed on time.

A friend is the project manager for the renovations. He starts on the BCV this coming week, then will start the YC rehab in August. He said there may be some overlap between the two, I guess depending if the BCV are completed on time.
Wow...that's going to push the YC guest room refurb work into peak season - Thanksgiving, Christmas, etc. - unless they take a break during those periods. I can't imagine that they would not want to have full room inventory over Christmas break, in addition to accommodating the winter convention business, booked a long time in advance.

With that schedule, they will probably not complete the work prior to Spring Break 2017, unless they really push - more so, than they did at BC.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter