Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Back home after 3 day stay at BC. Monday was great (& bad)- met Teena, did Osborne Lights Dessert Party. (The bad was losing my drivers license from my lanyard- got it back today-yay!). Tuesday and Wednesday was Food and Wine time. Tried a couple new things and had some old favorites. All in all a great stay. Thank you to everyone on this thread who have given such great info. We are looking forward to our stay next month for the processional at EPCOT. We truly love BC! And thank you, Teena, for the hug! I really needed it then. image.jpeg

286 days to go... I check into the YC! We'll be there August 23rd until September 2nd 2016. Only got a standard room booked as it was a magical price, the geek in me has already made a map of the resort room numbers on a spreadsheet using touring plans, google image searches etc. Almost every odd numbered room faces SAB, the gazebo or a garden area, so rather than going with the touring plans method of coding the room request, I'm thinking of being more generic in my request as by my calculations, some of the rooms they have listed as standard views MUST be water or garden views, so would rather give the room allocation people an idea of what I want, than a specific number that might not actually be in my room class in the first place.

I can't wait - we're doing ten nights, with a midday ish landing time (coming from Bahamas) and a late evening departure, so 9 complete days, one afternoon / evening and one day until about 4-5pm. With two days at universal, that's almost 9 days for the 4 parks and two water parks. Can't wait :)
Our dates are August 22nd to Sept 2nd hopefuuly we will get to meet.

So excited. I'm finally getting to stay at the BC again. It is a special trip for my granddaughter and me. It's her 8th grade graduation/confirmation gift. We are staying a couple days at Universal, then we move to the Polynesian for a few days, and then the BC for 6 days. I can't wait. I'm so hoping to see you, Teena one more time before you move. I will definitely bring you some more homemade jam. Our dates at the BC are June 20 - 26.

Hi All! Just booked a great magical deal for 9/23/16 at the BC! Just one night before leaving on the Fantasy the next day :) but one day is better than nothing!LOL I considered staying somewhere in Port Canaveral but my girls loved SAB so much!! Yay!

So excited for our first stay at the BC in April. We are staying in a garden view room. Requested full balcony. Family of 5. Anyone have room recommendations?

We are going to be at the Beach Club GV, November 18-26, 2016. Looking forward to staying at the BC especially for Thanksgiving. DS has autism and loves the fact that Stormalong Bay has a sandy bottom pool makes him so happy. Sand is a calming thing for him. We have always wanted to stay at BC but was unable to till now.

I was wondering if there is a fan site for the BC?

Hi All! Just booked a great magical deal for 9/23/16 at the BC! Just one night before leaving on the Fantasy the next day :) but one day is better than nothing!LOL I considered staying somewhere in Port Canaveral but my girls loved SAB so much!! Yay!

May I ask where you are able to get discounts that far in advance?

page 316-318

Hey there BC/YC friends!

I haven't been on in a while because I've been in a deep depression since our August trip. For the first time in 10 years we won't be traveling back to our beloved BC. My son is a senior this year and all of our money is going to college applications and tuition in the fall so no trip for a while!! Family and priorities first, though I do feel pretty bummed when I think about not being there anytime soon!

I hope you and your families are doing great and you all have trips planned in the very near future!!

Jay

Hang in there, Jay!!!

:thumbsup2

Just booked our trip for our 25th anniversary. 3 nights on the Disney Dream then 5 nights at the BC! So excited for the cruise then enjoying F &W.

Dee-Could you please add us to the BOG list when you get a chance? We will be at BC 10/3-10/8/16. Thanks!

Will do!

:woohoo:

286 days to go... I check into the YC! We'll be there August 23rd until September 2nd 2016. Only got a standard room booked as it was a magical price, the geek in me has already made a map of the resort room numbers on a spreadsheet using touring plans, google image searches etc. Almost every odd numbered room faces SAB, the gazebo or a garden area, so rather than going with the touring plans method of coding the room request, I'm thinking of being more generic in my request as by my calculations, some of the rooms they have listed as standard views MUST be water or garden views, so would rather give the room allocation people an idea of what I want, than a specific number that might not actually be in my room class in the first place.

I can't wait - we're doing ten nights, with a midday ish landing time (coming from Bahamas) and a late evening departure, so 9 complete days, one afternoon / evening and one day until about 4-5pm. With two days at universal, that's almost 9 days for the 4 parks and two water parks. Can't wait :)

:welcome:

Sounds like a fabulous trip!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cool1:

Smart move to describe your room request wishes rather than specify a room number. Is a full balcony important to you? Since only 50% of the rooms at the Beach Club have the larger balconies, you may want to request that.

As far as standard views, these will either overlook the resort parking lot (front of the resort) or will overlook rooftops- could be anywhere. I don't know if any of the rooftop standard views also look out onto SAB. It is possible and you could request "Facing back of resort (lakeside), please" But I'm not sure how many, if any, rooms would fit into this description.

FYI- there is a thread in the Resort Community subforum for Beach Club Room Views where guests have posted pictures of views from their room in various categories. This would give you a sample of some of the views available in the standard category.

:goodvibes

It was an "I need a Sunken Treasure" kind of day...

Sorry to hear that! I hope the week has gotten better for you!

:drinking1

My husband and I are looking to go in the spring - end of April or sometime in May. I have checked every week in that time frame and can not find any availability at the YC for a lagoon or pool view except concierge level. Any ideas as to what could be going on during that time frame? we have been wanting to try the YC for so long and we really like a water view.

Hi Anne!

The resort is undergoing a rehab of rooms, and club level should be completed by that time. Work will then proceed floor by floor until complete. Although some rooms will probably be taken out of inventory while this is happening, it would surprise me that there are no water views available on any floor at that time. You could book a garden view if that is available and see if a water view room becomes available later.

:goodvibes

Is the CL lounge at the YC open 24 hours, since they moved to the Presidential Suite?

I'm not sure, but I suspect no. Is there anyone who has stayed YC CL in the past month who can tell us?

:thumbsup2

Back home after 3 day stay at BC. Monday was great (& bad)- met Teena, did Osborne Lights Dessert Party. (The bad was losing my drivers license from my lanyard- got it back today-yay!). Tuesday and Wednesday was Food and Wine time. Tried a couple new things and had some old favorites. All in all a great stay. Thank you to everyone on this thread who have given such great info. We are looking forward to our stay next month for the processional at EPCOT. We truly love BC! And thank you, Teena, for the hug! I really needed it then.

Thanks for sharing the great pictures and for letting us know about your trip. So sorry you experienced the inconvenience of losing your license. Glad you got it back. PHEW!

::yes::

Going back!! Aug 19 - 27 2016 :) just praying I don't get the super hard bed again lolol

:welcome: back!

BC or YC?

:cool2:

See my ticker (shameless post I know....)
party:

There are no shameless posts! Have a truly magical trip!!!!

:banana::banana::banana:

So excited. I'm finally getting to stay at the BC again. It is a special trip for my granddaughter and me. It's her 8th grade graduation/confirmation gift. We are staying a couple days at Universal, then we move to the Polynesian for a few days, and then the BC for 6 days. I can't wait. I'm so hoping to see you, Teena one more time before you move. I will definitely bring you some more homemade jam. Our dates at the BC are June 20 - 26.

Sounds like a fabulous celebration trip!

:cheer2:

Perfect!

I'll put you on the list.

:boat:

So excited for our first stay at the BC in April. We are staying in a garden view room. Requested full balcony. Family of 5. Anyone have room recommendations?

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:cool1:

The garden view rooms either overlook woods or something green. I think your best bet is to request "Courtyard View, please" in addition for the full balcony request.

:goodvibes:

We are going to be at the Beach Club GV, November 18-26, 2016. Looking forward to staying at the BC especially for Thanksgiving. DS has autism and loves the fact that Stormalong Bay has a sandy bottom pool makes him so happy. Sand is a calming thing for him. We have always wanted to stay at BC but was unable to till now.

:welcome: to this thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1.

:woohoo:

I am not aware of a fan site specifically for BC. I know there is a Facebook Page but it is not very active. Make sure you check out the first page of this thread. There is a lot of info, pictures, reviews, videos, etc, so that could keep you busy for awhile. And folks will post here before, during and after their trips to show their excitement.

:cheer2:

You found it right here! I have never seen a fan site with more detailed and up to the minute information as you will find right here.

Trying not to panic guys....21 days to go. Still have to figure out TIW, DDP or OOP, solidify room requests, pick up items for DS, finalize dining, then pack etc. All great problems to have.

Refillable mug question. Trying to determine if worth it to buy one OOP for my a.m. coffee needs. Other than going to the BC marketplace, is there somewhere at the YC I can go for coffee in the a.m.? What is the cost? I know I can refill at the marketplace and Hurricane Hannah's...

May I ask where you are able to get discounts that far in advance?
It's a magical deal...you can google it and request a quote... Not really sure how much I can post but I'm paying $258 for that one night :) It was really a no-brainer when I see pics of this toothless grin at SAB!! lol

Attachments

• IMG_4111 (1).jpg
    IMG_4111 (1).jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 21
It's a magical deal...you can google it and request a quote... Not really sure how much I can post but I'm paying $258 for that one night :) It was really a no-brainer when I see pics of this toothless grin at SAB!! lol

Awesome, thanks!

She's so cute! My DD has the same toothless grin :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter