• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I'm bummed about no turn-down too! We check in in a couple days... I'll see what happens.

Minnie Van question: Do you have access to ordering the vans your entire check-in and check-out day, even if switching resorts? And does bell service have to activate it, or can it see your reservation now? I havent downloaded the app yet.

When I wrote DSS services they said to still ask for it and see what happens! I think if enough of us show our disappointment, they'll bring it back! I definitely will be asking!!!

In case you need it, here's the number for Disney tech support: 407-939-7765

It wouldn't let me customize my Magic Band until I called tech support and had them fix it.
(No, I'm not staying at Yacht or Beach Club. I made a last-minute DVC reservation so of course BCV was not available.)
We managed a workaround on the iPad and have achieved success booking on the app that way for the first 10 days. I'm happy about that. However it completely bypassed the check in stuff for the resort. You know the things they ask like which floor we prefer, do we require a day bed or full balcony or be close to the transportation or elevators....nope never happened.. I'm working on the possibility that they app has been inundated with folks trying to do all the same stuff. Hey at least we know we are definitely staying at BC somewhere. As long as we are away from the noisy areas ( read construction at IG) it will be fine.

Minnie Van question: Do you have access to ordering the vans your entire check-in and check-out day, even if switching resorts? And does bell service have to activate it, or can it see your reservation now? I havent downloaded the app yet.

I am wondering about this also - thanks for asking about it. I am at AKL Dec 30-31 and then BC Jan 1 - 6. I was really hoping to use the Minnie Vans on Dec 31 from AKL to HDDR.

I am wondering about this also - thanks for asking about it. I am at AKL Dec 30-31 and then BC Jan 1 - 6. I was really hoping to use the Minnie Vans on Dec 31 from AKL to HDDR.

I think that it may be rolled out to everyone by the end of December. I think that I've read that they have added Wilderness Lodge (and the DVCs there) already.

Does anyone have a picture of the refurbished rooms at Yacht Club with the sleeper sofa down/out? Thanks!

When I wrote DSS services they said to still ask for it and see what happens! I think if enough of us show our disappointment, they'll bring it back! I definitely will be asking!!!
I got an email back telling me they made a note on my reservation that I wanted it.

What's the email for Guest Services again?

However it completely bypassed the check in stuff for the resort. You know the things they ask like which floor we prefer, do we require a day bed or full balcony or be close to the transportation or elevators....nope never happened...

I recently did on-line check-in for a different resort. It did not ask about any type of request (high floor,etc.). It said that requests were already on file, which is odd because I didn't make any.

I wonder if they are trying to fix the glitch where your request options included things that did not relate to your resort.

Disney sends an email when there is construction that begins after you have already booked your stay - I've received 3 of them so far this year :(

Why can't they be aboveboard and send out an email to those of us that booked BC/YC CL that they have eliminated a perk that was used to market club level? If provider removes turndown service, they are changing the terms of service under which I booked. If you change the TOS, you should inform the 'users'. Where's my email Disney? I would hate to be a CL CM in these sister resorts right now - they're the ones that are going to be taking the heat.

Disney sends an email when there is construction that begins after you have already booked your stay - I've received 3 of them so far this year :(

Why can't they be aboveboard and send out an email to those of us that booked BC/YC CL that they have eliminated a perk that was used to market club level? If provider removes turndown service, they are changing the terms of service under which I booked. If you change the TOS, you should inform the 'users'. Where's my email Disney? I would hate to be a CL CM in these sister resorts right now - they're the ones that are going to be taking the heat.

You're right!!! I think if enough people complain they have to reinstate it! They did at AKL!

I'm sure it's been answered before but I can't seem to find it, do the mini fridges in the updated YC rooms have any type of freezer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter