• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I would request close to the lobby then. We also like the 2nd floor so we can take the lobby stairs. Also keep in mind that not all rooms have full balconies so if that's important to you then also request a full balcony.
Thank you for the information I appreciate it!

Hi @natebenma, aka Dee,
We have BC CL stay lined up for DD's 39th (She'll be living in HI for #40, so going a year early) birthday March 2 - 7, 2018.
Would you be willing to add us to the BOG list as well?
Thank you!
Also, her actual b'day isn't until the 19th, but that's ok, right? DH and I always go the week of our wedding anniversary, so we are always there on the exact day.
I hope they still have turn down service at YC at that time. Kind of disappointing if not.
Sparkle on!

Will do!!!

Absolutely ok with the date. We celebrated our 30th anniversary at disney in October even though we got married in July

:cool1:

Our countdown is finally in the teens!!! Only 19 days until I get to enjoy the BC again. This is our 2nd stay there... last years trip was truly amazing and we fell in love with the resort. Can't believe it has almost been a year. My 2 year old niece is so excited. We got our magic bands on Friday.

View attachment 261713

Love the way you blinged your band!

:goodvibes

Page 991

Help...trying to ship amazon prime pantry package and getting error, "street name or number appears to be invalid". Anyone else received this error message? I'm using 1800 Epcot Resorts Blvd, Lake Buena Vista Fl, 32830...

Update, I had to call amazon and they had to add address option to my profile.

:welcome:

When is your trip

Flag you were able to answer your own question and share it with us. Thx!

Okay, I'm a little off-topic, but I trust all of you. I need another date check.

We're booked for this December, and next May and November. Since we'll have AP's and my frequent flyer miles are getting heavy again, I thought briefly about doing a short adult trip just for Mommy and Daddy. We've had exactly four adult nights out since our oldest was born five years ago, so we're due.

Since summer is out with my business, I'm looking at a long weekend in either March or April. A quick look at historical crowd calendars is making me cringe.

Who has been at these times? Are any particular weeks better than others? If not, how bad were the crowds, and how manageable were they for two adults not having to worry about little ones?

Not sure if anyone has replied. Avoid Easter week

Just did online checkin for YC, arriving Wednesday! :yay: First time, can't wait!

Have a fantastic trip!!!

We booked our next trip! Dec. 7-10 at Yacht Club. So excited to see it with Christmas decorations. We have only been there during the summer.

Got it!

I'll add you to the list

BC newbie here. We'll be staying for 3 nights in Aug 2018 for the first time. We are going to ask for connecting rooms, other than that, is there a certain building or area that I should request? Thank you for the help :)

I'll add you to the be our guest list we keep on page 1 of this thread.

Check post 13 on page on for some info about requests. The beach club has just one building but locations either close to lobby or closer to EPCOT.

Only half of the rooms have full balconies so you may want to take that into consideration

Glad to hear that. This was our first trip decorating the bands and it's hard not to be a little concerned about the nail polish affecting the function, but so many people have seemed to do it without an issue we took the chance. Any idea how many coats of polish you had? A couple of ours have quite a few coats counting the clear to seal it.

Where/when is your trip?

For anyone who has been recently or is at the Beach Club now, have you noticed any noise from the gondola construction near the International Gateway?

I was able to get two nights at the YC in October with the AP discount.:dogdance: We are booked at the Swan the first three nights, but will keep checking to see if something opens up. Good luck to those trying to get the discount this fall. Not much is available even at rack rate. I have never seen it all booked up so far in advance. :confused3

I'll add you to the list if you are not there yet

Those of you that know me know that turndown service is one of my favorite things about staying at a Disney Deluxe Resort and we are certainly very disappointed to hear this is ending. Especially since in August we routinely return to the room for a nap a shower Etc in the mid-to-late afternoon. I assume the way around this might be to ask politely for turndown service and if refused, say that you would instead then like the room to be cleaned between 5 and 7 p.m.

Since turndown is done by Housekeeping, I would press the Housekeeping button on the phone and ask them. I would not ask in the Club Level Lounge or at the front desk. (I'm sure you also already know that you never press the "front desk" button on your phone because the call will be answered by someone off-site.) But I don't know how much luck you will have in getting the room cleaned between 5 and 7. I don't know what regular housekeeping hours are.

Since turndown is done by Housekeeping, I would press the Housekeeping button on the phone and ask them. I would not ask in the Club Level Lounge or at the front desk. (I'm sure you also already know that you never press the "front desk" button on your phone because the call will be answered by someone off-site.) But I don't know how much luck you will have in getting the room cleaned between 5 and 7. I don't know what regular housekeeping hours are.

Oh, I always call Housekeeping, and on this trip, we're not even staying CL, but it was always available...and we tipped appropriately for it. I'm trying very hard not to put bad vibes out there because we'll be at BC in 48 hours (!!!!!!), but this is just another little thing taken away that's really disappointing. I had the turndown envelopes decorated and filed with ones...all ready to go too! We tend to tour parks in the AM....SAB in the afternoon...then nap and shower.....It was so nice to come back to the room after dinner/fireworks to have it remade up....new towels etc.

If other resorts are still doing turndown....I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why YC/BC have suddenly stopped.

Where/when is your trip?[/QUOTE]

Thanks. We're actually at YC Aug 18-25. It's our first time staying there and has been my dream resort for a while. Love all the helpful info on this thread!

Oh, I always call Housekeeping, and on this trip, we're not even staying CL, but it was always available...and we tipped appropriately for it. I'm trying very hard not to put bad vibes out there because we'll be at BC in 48 hours (!!!!!!), but this is just another little thing taken away that's really disappointing. I had the turndown envelopes decorated and filed with ones...all ready to go too! We tend to tour parks in the AM....SAB in the afternoon...then nap and shower.....It was so nice to come back to the room after dinner/fireworks to have it remade up....new towels etc.

If other resorts are still doing turndown....I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out why YC/BC have suddenly stopped.

If indeed you are not able to get turndown service, please let them know of your displeasure. Both while there and contact guest services when you return. Last year as a test they tried changing the turndown service at AKL CL to "by request only". The test was supposed to go for 3 months but due to the high amount of complaints, that test was cancelled after one month.

We stayed at the BC last summer and I don't remember ever getting turndown service. The only place we ever got it was the GF. Are you supposed to be in club rooms to get it?

We stayed at the BC last summer and I don't remember ever getting turndown service. The only place we ever got it was the GF. Are you supposed to be in club rooms to get it?

GF is the only resort that gets the turndown service, without asking, in every room. All the other Deluxes offer turndown service by request. All Club Level rooms get turndown service without asking. This was true before this recent "no turndown service" reported at YC/BC.

Argh we hit the magic 60 days to go today and the MDE part of the website will not let be in to book any FP+ events for our vacation!! DH isn't gonna be too happy about it I just know. He's been looking forward to getting this done for the last few weeks and is on night shifts all this week. I wanted to get them all organised this week for sure. DS is happy to go with the flow as long as he gets enough info ahead of time.
I'm gonna persevere since it hasn't even let us get to the online check in details either.
We are so ready for vacation it's been a tough year, finally able to breathe a little and plan more and then this glitch popped up. I'm not meant to rest much today. Might as well get the planning done.
I need to be at SAB with a Sunken Treasure in hand breathing in big gulps of Disney magic and warming under the sun on a lovely sun lounger on the "beach".

Argh we hit the magic 60 days to go today and the MDE part of the website will not let be in to book any FP+ events for our vacation!! DH isn't gonna be too happy about it I just know. He's been looking forward to getting this done for the last few weeks and is on night shifts all this week. I wanted to get them all organised this week for sure. DS is happy to go with the flow as long as he gets enough info ahead of time.
I'm gonna persevere since it hasn't even let us get to the online check in details either.
We are so ready for vacation it's been a tough year, finally able to breathe a little and plan more and then this glitch popped up. I'm not meant to rest much today. Might as well get the planning done.
I need to be at SAB with a Sunken Treasure in hand breathing in big gulps of Disney magic and warming under the sun on a lovely sun lounger on the "beach".

Good luck with your pursuit! Our 60 day mark is Saturday the 19th! Hoping for the best for you for the remainder of the day!

Page 991

When is your trip

Flag you were able to answer your own question and share it with us. Thx!

Not sure if anyone has replied. Avoid Easter week

Have a fantastic trip!!!

Got it!

I'll add you to the list

I'll add you to the be our guest list we keep on page 1 of this thread.

Check post 13 on page on for some info about requests. The beach club has just one building but locations either close to lobby or closer to EPCOT.

Only half of the rooms have full balconies so you may want to take that into consideration

Where/when is your trip?

Thanks for adding us to the list. We will be at BC Aug 23-25 of 2018

I'm bummed about no turn-down too! We check in in a couple days... I'll see what happens.

Minnie Van question: Do you have access to ordering the vans your entire check-in and check-out day, even if switching resorts? And does bell service have to activate it, or can it see your reservation now? I havent downloaded the app yet.

Argh we hit the magic 60 days to go today and the MDE part of the website will not let be in to book any FP+ events for our vacation!!

In case you need it, here's the number for Disney tech support: 407-939-7765

It wouldn't let me customize my Magic Band until I called tech support and had them fix it.
(No, I'm not staying at Yacht or Beach Club. I made a last-minute DVC reservation so of course BCV was not available.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter