Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

So excited to be coming back this fall. Got everything finalized today! Visiting the BC after our cruise 10/28-11/1. Can't wait to be home again! :woohoo:Now I'm just going to cross my fingers for a room discount!

Ok. After seeing pics of rooms at the YC with box fans I'm very worried about the temp. My bunch like a fan of course. They will not enjoy a warm room at night. I've now made a second ressie at the BC because one came open. I need to cancel the second one tomorrow. Advice from recent YC guests on the room and temp. Also did you miss the carpet? It's $400 cheaper to stay at YC then BC. It it's worth it to be comfortable.
We just got back from the YC Regatta Club. All the rooms have been refurbished. First, to answer your question about the room temp, it got FREEZING COLD very quickly. We had to keep upping the temp to warm up! Second, the new king bed has no box spring. The mattress just lies on a platform which is nice because you have all kinds of storage underneath BUT there is nothing to secure the mattress so it slides all over. If you're short like me(5'2") it'll be a bit of a struggle to get on the bed. Third,there is no full length mirror! Wierd. 2 issues with the bathroom- the pocket door that separates the toilet/shower from the sink area is spring loaded and will snap back. My husband got his finger gouged. Also, we had to ask for a rubber mat for the shower because it was very slippery. I'm glad they got rid of the carpet for sanitary reasons. All in all the room was very nice and I'd recommend it 100%!

I have a few questions about adding a guest for a night. My husband and I are staying with our two daughters, one night during the middle of the trip his brother wants to stay with us. Flights are much cheaper the next day, but that cost is negated isfhe has to pay for another night at his hotel. We are able to go to the front desk that day and add him for just the night, correct? Is the fee $25? Is the fee for just that night, or will they charge us for the rest of our trip? Trying to figure out the logistics well in advance. Also, would he be able to get ME from the hotel to the airport if he is our additional guest on his departure day but doesn't have an actual reservation before hand? Thanks

You can add him to your room when you check in and there will be a charge for the third adult. You also need to make sure that you get a room with a daybed. Not all of the rooms have a daybed.

I would think that if he just needs a ride back to the airport when his trip is over then he would just need to call Magical Express the day he checks into the YC/BC. :)

I'm so glad to hear the temp at the YC was cold! I don't care if I need a ladder to get onto the bed (also 5'2"), gouge my finger in the door, or slip in the shower as long as I am cool doing it. Lol. Just a few more weeks until our CL trip and am so excited. How were the club offerings? Do you remember what they had?

You can add him to your room when you check in and there will be a charge for the third adult. You also need to make sure that you get a room with a daybed. Not all of the rooms have a daybed.

I would think that if he just needs a ride back to the airport when his trip is over then he would just need to call Magical Express the day he checks into the YC/BC. :)
I think it also depends on if your family has a package that includes dining - if I understand it correctly, everyone in the room has to have the same dining package.

I think it also depends on if your family has a package that includes dining - if I understand it correctly, everyone in the room has to have the same dining package.
If you add someone to your room when you have already gotten to the resort, then they don't need to have the same package as you do. But if you want to add them before your arrival day then they would have to be part of your package. :)

If you add someone to your room when you have already gotten to the resort, then they don't need to have the same package as you do. But if you want to add them before your arrival day then they would have to be part of your package. :)
Ah, thanks for the clarification...there's always something new to learn!! :)

We just got back from the YC Regatta Club. All the rooms have been refurbished. First, to answer your question about the room temp, it got FREEZING COLD very quickly. We had to keep upping the temp to warm up! Second, the new king bed has no box spring. The mattress just lies on a platform which is nice because you have all kinds of storage underneath BUT there is nothing to secure the mattress so it slides all over. If you're short like me(5'2") it'll be a bit of a struggle to get on the bed. Third,there is no full length mirror! Wierd. 2 issues with the bathroom- the pocket door that separates the toilet/shower from the sink area is spring loaded and will snap back. My husband got his finger gouged. Also, we had to ask for a rubber mat for the shower because it was very slippery. I'm glad they got rid of the carpet for sanitary reasons. All in all the room was very nice and I'd recommend it 100%!

Thank you for the very helpful- up to the minute- detailed report!!! And the warnings.

Did you have a tub in the bathroom or just a shower? And what about other furniture in the room? Daybed? Chair?

:woohoo: on the room completion!

:thanks:

It's always struck me as odd that water is sold in the UK 83p for an 850ml bottle so less than a dollar in price and it's bottled in Northumberland a few miles from us for the Coca Cola Company yet out there it seems so expensive. It does taste much cleaner than tap water though and it's the only one I drink at work so I don't get muscle cramps in the hot store I work in. This stuff and blue Powerade keep me going in WDW, I can relate to the need for buying more of it whilst out there.

With having a CM in the family there are a few places we get to go that are off limits to normal guests but at this place that same 3.25 is sold to them for $.70 a bottle

Not really... we've stayed at the BC over 20 times and have never had an issue with the bus being full from the YC (we usually go mid May or mid December). However, we have noticed a lot more people at the BC bus stop during our last few trips (like multiple bus loads waiting at once).

This happened to us a couple of times during our trip in May. We generally only had a problem with the Magic Kingdom buses in the morning. One morning we got to the bus stop and there were at least 50 people waiting for the MK bus. We decided to powerwalk to the YC and catch the bus. We got there just in time and were the only people on the bus at the YC. We loaded up a full bus at the BC and the bus stop was still swamped as we pulled away.

My advice: if the BC bus stop is busy, check the monitor with the bus arrival times and decide if you have time to walk to the YC. Also, try to beat the MK morning rush by catching the bus at 8:00 AM or earlier for a 9:00 AM open.

Cool, thanks for that. If worse comes to worst as you say we could wander down to YC. Also we are considering the express transfers as an option too.

This is exactly what we are doing next trip! Initially I booked a magical deal at the Contemporary garden wing for five days. The walk is SO easy with kids, and I thought it would be great for the Halloween Party and leaving MK at night. Plus my husband hasnt stayed there yet. But some time later I decided to change jobs so I have a couple weeks off and figured I'd extend the trip. So i added three nights at Beach Club at the beginning of our trip (club level, yippee!), since my husband still has to work my mom is joining us for that small portion. We are just going to hang out at the resort, though maybe I'll pop over to Epcot for some shopping or to ride SOARIN' (we have APs). Best of both worlds in my opinion! I prefer Beach club for the pool and ambiance, it's a great resort with a relaxing feels.... but contemporary is SO convenient for MK and the rooms are bigger and fit our family better. Split stays are fun! DIsney will move your luggage for you! (but dont expect to see it until evening--- they are slow!)

Yeah that sounds like a great way of doing it. I think I've conceded a) I don't want to make the trip anymore complex than it's already going to be being our first time, and b) with the Aussie dollar crappy exchange rate we can't afford to stay anywhere in MK, already pushing it with Beach Club :(

We had a full length mirror in our refurbished room in May, it was attached to the inside of one of the closet doors. Just found it by chance since we don't usually hang things up, but since everything was new we just had to open every door and drawer in the room!
We didn't go into the closets. Didn't need them. If that's where the mirror was I stand corrected!
Thank you for the very helpful- up to the minute- detailed report!!! And the warnings.

Did you have a tub in the bathroom or just a shower? And what about other furniture in the room? Daybed? Chair?

:woohoo: on the room completion!

:thanks:
We had a walk in shower, no tub. It had the rainfall shower head and a handheld unit. Good water pressure. We had the standard desk and chair and a leather chair and hassock. The mini fridge was cool(no pun intended). It had a glass front and was lit. The big console had a lot of drawers for storage and we had the new Smart tv.

I'm so glad to hear the temp at the YC was cold! I don't care if I need a ladder to get onto the bed (also 5'2"), gouge my finger in the door, or slip in the shower as long as I am cool doing it. Lol. Just a few more weeks until our CL trip and am so excited. How were the club offerings? Do you remember what they had?
Breakfast:oatmeal,grits,hard boiled eggs,strawberries with blueberries and blackberries,cantaloupe,sliced cheese,they rotated salami then ham then salmon,assorted bagels and breads with butter and cream cheese, and danishes.
Lunch: olive salad/Greek pasta salad,veggies with ranch dip and hummus,potato chips,apples with Carmel dip,pb&j cups,granola mix,assorted drinks
Dinner: one night was chicken skewers on wild rice then chicken nuggets,veggies with dip,basically same sides as lunch. Evening had assorted cupcakes and cookies. I don't drink but from what I saw there was a lot of different beers and liquors. Hope this helps!

We are staying at a Studio at the Beach Club Villas....do they have bug repellent in the rooms?

Just booked our first stay at YC. A very last minute long weekend for DH and I (and our first to WDW without kids) for July 21-24. We usually go Poly for the monorail with the kids and enjoyed a split stay with BC in January. Looking forward to checking out a new to us resort! Any tips for getting the best location - we have lagoon view booked and would like to be in a renovated room close to the marketplace and stormalong bay.

We are staying at a Studio at the Beach Club Villas....do they have bug repellent in the rooms?

There were posts about bug repellant on the DVC board. It seems to be hit or miss. Some people reported having it in their rooms and others didn't -- even within the same resort. If it's not in your room, try calling Housekeeping to request it.

Yeah that sounds like a great way of doing it. I think I've conceded a) I don't want to make the trip anymore complex than it's already going to be being our first time, and b) with the Aussie dollar crappy exchange rate we can't afford to stay anywhere in MK, already pushing it with Beach Club

Dont worry you will be VERY happy with beach club. Just an FYI the garden wing rooms at contemporary are often pretty cheap--- (comparatively) but they can sell out fairly fast.

Any tips for getting the best location - we have lagoon view booked and would like to be in a renovated room close to the marketplace and stormalong bay.

I'd ask for close to main elevator bank.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter