Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Well. Just saw that we have to pick up our bags now. Using the luggage service was one of the reasons I picked the flight I did. Seems like it is a border issue and not Disney but it still sucks!

You only have to pick up bags if you didn't pre-clear customs in Canada at your departure airport. If you pre-clear, it's treated like a domestic flight and you can definitely use the ME tags to have your bags picked up and delivered to your room. Or are you saying that's changed in the last month or two?

I think you would have a view of the Boardwalk area and lake from higher floors.

Both bathrooms had tub/shower combo.

No daybeds in the bedroooms but the sofa in the living room was a pullout bed.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom suite on the 3rd floor, and based on the room configuration and being a corner, the only usable balconies were the one facing the courtyard area off the two queen room, and a balcony off the living room on that same side. Both Juliette style, no chairs, just standing only. It is a very nice view, and if you look left you can see the lake and part of the boardwalk, but not a direct view of the boardwalk. The master is one the front facing, toward crescent lake side, and there was. No balcony, just windows. The second floor however, has a long wide full size very usable balcony with at least four chairs that stretches the entire distance of the suite. I'd have preferred this one.

I haven't had my coffee yet! I'm so sorry, that was supposed to be written as a question...
"Has anyone had personal experience with the Alamo in the Swan/Dolphin?" Thank you, my fellow friendly Disboard members!

Yes, I've rented at that location before. It was easy. Did you have a specific question?

3 more days! :dance3: Although I'll be at BLT the 1st 2 days. Doesn't matter. I'll still be at WDW & it's warm there! :laughing: :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

You only have to pick up bags if you didn't pre-clear customs in Canada at your departure airport. If you pre-clear, it's treated like a domestic flight and you can definitely use the ME tags to have your bags picked up and delivered to your room. Or are you saying that's changed in the last month or two?

I don't know! LOL That's why I'm asking. Our bags will be checked straight through.

This is what I read on the Disney site which led me to believe it changed...

Airport Transportation and Check In – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. As an international traveler, do I have to claim my luggage at the airport to use Disney's Magical Express?

A. Yes, If the Orlando International Airport is your first point of entry into the United States, please follow the U.S. Customs & Border Protection process and claim your luggage upon disembarking the airplane.

I haven't had my coffee yet! I'm so sorry, that was supposed to be written as a question...
"Has anyone had personal experience with the Alamo in the Swan/Dolphin?" Thank you, my fellow friendly Disboard members!

Yes we have
It is very easy. There is a desk in the Lobby where you can rent from. Taking the car and dropping it off is at the Valet stand out front. You can do that at any hour, but I think that if it is in the evening, after the desk is closed, you are charged until the next day. This is worth investigating when you call.
It is a very easy walk back to the BCV.
Have Fun

This is what I read on the Disney site which led me to believe it changed...

Airport Transportation and Check In – Frequently Asked Questions

Q. As an international traveler, do I have to claim my luggage at the airport to use Disney's Magical Express?

A. Yes, If the Orlando International Airport is your first point of entry into the United States, please follow the U.S. Customs & Border Protection process and claim your luggage upon disembarking the airplane.

Whenever we have flown from Ottawa to Florida (both Orlando and FLL) we clear US customs at the Ottawa airport. I believe the same is true of other airports. Just did this in January so I can't imagine it has changed? though I guess that is possible with current climate in the US.

Whenever we have flown from Ottawa to Florida (both Orlando and FLL) we clear US customs at the Ottawa airport. I believe the same is true of other airports. Just did this in January so I can't imagine it has changed? though I guess that is possible with current climate in the US.
I may just be overthinking. We are flying from Newfoundland through Montreal, so we do the secondary security there. Apparently we won't have to pick up our luggage and re-check like we had to in 2013 but I assume we will have to go through the US security (taking off shoes and all that). I haven't travelled to the US since then (Cuba, Dominican, Italy, European adventures through six different locations last summer) so I'm not sure.

Why I'm thinking about this five months out is anyone's guess. LMAO!!!

Hi all! This is my first time posting though I've been following for a bit! We are debating between club level both at either beach club or yacht club for mid-May. I originally thought definitely Yacht since it would be brand new room, but am now rethinking. We know that even though club level renovations are complete, there is still work happening on other floors/throughout the hotel. I have read reviews saying that there have been interruptions in water and electricity (though I don't know if those were localized to area where work was being done and wouldn't affect a completed floor). If this is still happening during our stay it could be super disruptive -- especially since we have a toddler!

Any thoughts on what is the best decision? I know the general pro con about beach vs yacht, but am curious if anyone had additional thoughts based on recent stays or observations of the renovation work or anything else.

Our only other experience was the poly and I didn't really like it. I felt the rooms were very dusty (part of why I love idea of no carpet room in yacht club!), water smelled weird, and the "convenience" of location was canceled out by monorail only being up and running half the time we needed it! We also ate at Epcot a bunch so it seemed like a better move to do an Epcot resort this time around.

Thanks in advance for your time!! Much appreciated.

also: probably too late for this but how do I make my name different on here?! I would prefer to use a screen name or something...
:welcome:

I am away from home so just a quick response. There is not a way to change your screen name. In rare cases a moderator can do it but your best bet is to just create a new account with your preferred screen name. Before you have thousands of posts and wish you had chosen Beach Club Dee...

Sigh

Last edited:
Hi all! This is my first time posting though I've been following for a bit! We are debating between club level both at either beach club or yacht club for mid-May. I originally thought definitely Yacht since it would be brand new room, but am now rethinking. We know that even though club level renovations are complete, there is still work happening on other floors/throughout the hotel. I have read reviews saying that there have been interruptions in water and electricity (though I don't know if those were localized to area where work was being done and wouldn't affect a completed floor). If this is still happening during our stay it could be super disruptive -- especially since we have a toddler!

Any thoughts on what is the best decision? I know the general pro con about beach vs yacht, but am curious if anyone had additional thoughts based on recent stays or observations of the renovation work or anything else.

Our only other experience was the poly and I didn't really like it. I felt the rooms were very dusty (part of why I love idea of no carpet room in yacht club!), water smelled weird, and the "convenience" of location was canceled out by monorail only being up and running half the time we needed it! We also ate at Epcot a bunch so it seemed like a better move to do an Epcot resort this time around.

Thanks in advance for your time!! Much appreciated.

also: probably too late for this but how do I make my name different on here?! I would prefer to use a screen name or something...
Hmm... what is your #1 concern? Refurbs? ... So are you ok with refurb interruptions? The answer sounds like it is "no" so I'd say Beach Club. Better safe than sorry with a toddler. I remember a hotel stay in Disneyland where we got the water turned off one night & it was miserable. Multiple people in one hotel room & no flushing the toilet or running water at the sink all night- that's NOT vacation. I wouldn't risk it. (If refurbs wrap early you could try to rebook at Yacht if there's availability.)

Totally agree with PP btw. Just create a new acct & hop back in with your new name :)

Hmm... what is your #1 concern? Refurbs? ... So are you ok with refurb interruptions? The answer sounds like it is "no" so I'd say Beach Club. Better safe than sorry with a toddler. I remember a hotel stay in Disneyland where we got the water turned off one night & it was miserable. Multiple people in one hotel room & no flushing the toilet or running water at the sink all night- that's NOT vacation. I wouldn't risk it. (If refurbs wrap early you could try to rebook at Yacht if there's availability.)

Totally agree with PP btw. Just create a new acct & hop back in with your new name :)

Thank you Dee and Pluto! By the way, I took both your advice and created a new account with a different name. (Phew!)

If you come in the secret entrance, you are facing the doors to 1115, at the end of the short hall.
Thanks for taking all those pictures. Your suite was gorgeous. But I think you may have mixed up the room number. Maybe you were in 1511 instead of 1115. All the rooms in that wing on the first floor start with 15xx. :)

:tiptoe: Put away the pencil and grab your Sharpie Dee ;) DH and I are doing the SAB swing dance in 19 days!!! I ch-ch-changed my reservation this morning to YC SV CL for 3/23-26!!! I was hoping for an EPCOT resort, and yesterday BWI standard and YC CL opened up (I had a garden cottage booked at BWI and decided no). You know how I loves me my CL! I also would love to take a swim!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!! I can only guess most of the 5th floor is complete since rooms opened up...just when I had given up on BC/YC availability :cloud9:
That is exciting. Maybe we will run into you this time, although we will be staying at the WL. We always come and visit the BC/YC on every trip, even when we stay in another resort. We often get something to eat at Crews Cup or have dinner at Cape May. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for taking all those pictures. Your suite was gorgeous. But I think you may have mixed up the room number. Maybe you were in 1511 instead of 1115. All the rooms in that wing on the first floor start with 15xx. :)

Oops! And that, folks, is why you should always take a pic of the door and number sign! 1511 it was!

Next best thing to a pic...your Room Ready text!

Attachments

• IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

That's international like Europe, not Canada. :-) We fall into a weird limbo where we are arriving on an international flight that is treated like a domestic flight.

On the way to Disney, the vast majority of the time you clear US customs in your departure airport, ie Pearson, and then you just walk off the plane like a domestic passenger would when you arrive at the US airport. There is no visit to customs/immigration at MCO in that case. You can use the yellow ME tags if you want to have your bags sent directly to the hotel, or you can collect your bags at baggage claim and haul them to the ME bus.

However, on the way home, you're treated as an international flight again, and ME picks you up 4 hours prior to your flight's departure time. And, you can't usually use Resort Airline Checkin to check in and have your bags sent tot he airport.

Yes, it's confusing. Some of the rules apply and some don't. :-)

I may just be overthinking. We are flying from Newfoundland through Montreal, so we do the secondary security there. Apparently we won't have to pick up our luggage and re-check like we had to in 2013 but I assume we will have to go through the US security (taking off shoes and all that). I haven't travelled to the US since then (Cuba, Dominican, Italy, European adventures through six different locations last summer) so I'm not sure.

Why I'm thinking about this five months out is anyone's guess. LMAO!!!

You'll go through US Customs and Immigration in Montreal, I'm almost positive. You may or may not go through airport security again.

EDIT:
From the airport website - http://www.admtl.com/en/guide/connecting-flights
"Canada-United States
If your flight originated in Canada and you have a boarding pass for a connecting flight to a U.S. destination, you must follow the U.S. Connections signs, go through pre-boarding screening checkpoint “C”, and then go through U.S. Customs. Your checked luggage will be transferred automatically by the luggage-handling system. Note, however, that U.S. customs officers are authorized to recall your luggage, if necessary, for manual inspection. If the customs officers do not yet have the information on your luggage at hand, you will be asked to proceed to the waiting area."

So, put the yellow ME tags on at home in Newfoundland and you will see your luggage again when you get to your room at YC/BC. :-) You will do US Customs and a security check during your connection in Montreal.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter