Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Room 1115
Beach Club 2 Bedroom Suite
DIS-OH, February 2017

We stayed CL in a two bedroom on the third floor in July 2015 too! Did you find it odd not to have a door or privacy partition due to the master bathroom being outside the actual bedroom? I had to ask my son and his girlfriend, who stayed together but separately in the attatched two queen bedroom, door open, to not come into the living room while we showered and dressed. I felt a bit exposed, and I felt like they could have maybe added a standing room divider screen perhaps? Or a nice drapery in the hall area at the bathroom? Just curious your take on it.
Brandi.

First Floor with patio, in the farthest wing from lobby, but the closest to Epcot!

The suite had the main areas facing the laundry building/quiet pool. The master bedroom windows faced the path to Epcot.

If you come in the secret entrance, you are facing the doors to 1115, at the end of the short hall.

The suite actually had two entrance doors. The main one, which had the room number sign, entered into the dining/living room. To the right was the bedroom with two beds. That bedroom had regular bathroom and a hall with the closet and fancy mirrored set of drawers. The second entrance was in this hall.

To the left of the living room was a short hall with the wet bar, then a huge bathroom with a closet and the make-up/vanity area. At the end of this hall was the bedroom with one bed.

The half wall separates the
dining area and the wet bar.

Living Room

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3655.jpg

IMG_3656.jpg

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3657.jpg

IMG_3659.jpg

IMG_3642.jpg

Bedroom 1

IMG_3650.jpg

IMG_3638.jpg

IMG_3639.jpg

IMG_3640.jpg

IMG_3651.jpg

IMG_3652.jpg

IMG_3643.jpg

IMG_3644.jpg

Bedroom 2

IMG_3662.jpg

IMG_3663.jpg

IMG_3664.jpg

IMG_3646.jpg

IMG_3661.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

View

IMG_3658.jpg

@Branflakes
Our daughter stayed in the master bedroom while DH and I took the room with two beds. We shut the "connecting" door to our room when we needed privacy.

I didn't notice or think about the master bath hallway being open to the living area. I'll ask my daughter if she did.

We were there for a race weekend and really didn't spend a lot of time in the living room. If we were in the room, we were sleeping!

@ohMom

Thank you for the update.

If you happen to get a chance can you take notice of the hours at Stormalong Bay?

Snap a picture of the current beer selection in the lounge.

I'm assuming part of the Fittings & Fairings gift shop in the YC lobby is till under construction- have you been in?

ENJOY the rest of your trip!

:thanks:

:goodvibes
Ok will try get pics

Longboard and Sam Adams Winter lager for sure last night

I stopped in a gift shop down the hall off the lobby - will check name of it when I pick up my shipped purchases from the park

1) Request for close to lounge/close to elevator (same thing)

As you said, the requests you want are not part of the online check-in. You can add those requests to your reservation by phone, or if you booked through a travel agent, they can do it. How did you book your trip? The telephone number to add a room request to your reservation is, but I'm not sure if you use a different number for reservations from Brazil. I know there is a special number for guests from the United Kingdom. There is no way to email or to make the requests not listed for on line checkin other than to call:

Walt Disney World Resort Reservations: (407) 939-1936

* my Canadian friends- is this the number you use for reservations, or something else?

2) Here is the contact information for planning help- like making dining or other reservations. The process was recently changed and the Cast Members you deal with are not exclusive to the Yacht and Beach Club, they do the planning for all of the club level resorts

Contact information for the Beach Club Stone Harbor Club and the Yacht Club Regatta Club:

Disney Signature Services has replaced the resort-specific Itinerary Planning Offices. This centralized service is once again able to help guests with Disney Club Level reservations make plans, including Advanced Dining Reservations for upcoming trips.

Disney.Signature.Services@disneyworld.com or 407-939-7777.

This contact info should only be used for guests who have confirmed club level reservations.

3) Magical Express for International Travelers

I need some help from others with this one- Does the flight info need to be called in, and do you use the regular Magical Express number?

This is the info I have on Page 1, Post 14 for Magical Express contact info

Magical Express contact number: (866) 599-0951 or call reservations

Magical Express Online Registration

:goodvibes

I can help with this one I hope. Basically you put all your requests for room location and Magical Express through your travel agent. If you hooked directly with Disney there's a telephone number in your invoice to call with requests/ amendments. As an international traveler you will have to pick up your baggage and go through customs and security on arrival at Orlando. We simply keep our bags with us and make our way to the Magical express desks at the bus departure area. Have your holiday invoice handy so that they can see where it was requested. They don't need your flight number/ arrival times to be listed separately as they will have this information from your booking. You will then be directed to the appropriate bus. We've always found staff to be very helpful and one bonus of arriving internationally is you've got your bags with you so no waiting in them to arrive at your resort room. Hope this helps :)

Ok will try get pics

Longboard and Sam Adams Winter lager for sure last night

I stopped in a gift shop down the hall off the lobby - will check name of it when I pick up my shipped purchases from the park

Pool hours 9am - 10p

Fittings and Fairings is open --

Thank you so much for your quick responses!!!

So now I have two more questions (I know, never satisfied...)

Are you in a renovated room? Tub and shower or just shower?

You said you were picking up your purchases from the park. Are they no longer delivered directly to the room for club level guests. Or did you prefer to have them sent to gift shop? Or are you within the window that is too late for delivery?

Thanks, again!!!

:dogdance:

I can help with this one I hope. Basically you put all your requests for room location and Magical Express through your travel agent. If you hooked directly with Disney there's a telephone number in your invoice to call with requests/ amendments. As an international traveler you will have to pick up your baggage and go through customs and security on arrival at Orlando. We simply keep our bags with us and make our way to the Magical express desks at the bus departure area. Have your holiday invoice handy so that they can see where it was requested. They don't need your flight number/ arrival times to be listed separately as they will have this information from your booking. You will then be directed to the appropriate bus. We've always found staff to be very helpful and one bonus of arriving internationally is you've got your bags with you so no waiting in them to arrive at your resort room. Hope this helps :)

We have never had to pick up our bags coming from Canada. Has this been changed???

I'm coming from Ireland or sometimes England and we have always had to clear immigration, then collect bags, then go through customs before heading to the magical express. It's always been this way for us so not sure if it will be different for you Feckless?

Well. Just saw that we have to pick up our bags now. Using the luggage service was one of the reasons I picked the flight I did. Seems like it is a border issue and not Disney but it still sucks!

@Branflakes
Our daughter stayed in the master bedroom while DH and I took the room with two beds. We shut the "connecting" door to our room when we needed privacy.

I didn't notice or think about the master bath hallway being open to the living area. I'll ask my daughter if she did.

We were there for a race weekend and really didn't spend a lot of time in the living room. If we were in the room, we were sleeping!
Thanks for posting the pic's. I hope you don't mind some additional questions. If you had been on a higher floor, would one of the balcony views have been over-looking Crescent Lake toward the Boardwalk? Did both bathrooms have tub/shower combo? Did either bedroom have a day bed? Thanks so much for your help.

Well. Just saw that we have to pick up our bags now. Using the luggage service was one of the reasons I picked the flight I did. Seems like it is a border issue and not Disney but it still sucks!
We posted at the same time. It's always been this way for us so yeah probably a border issue. Sometimes if your lucky you're bag can be on the carousel by the time you get through immigration. Unfortunately not always the case as 1 time we had to wait over 2 hours as the baggage handlers couldn't retrieve bags due to a thunderstorm! I will add though that most times it's about 10-20 minutes wait and when you're tired and hungry it can seem like forever :crazy2:

Hello! We want to rent a car and drive from Legoland to the BCV. I tried calling Alamo inside the Swan and Dolphin as I believe this is the closest drop off to the BC? I could not speak directly to a person to inquire how to get ourselves and our luggage to our hotel BCV. Can anyone speak to their experiences with using this Alamo location, dropping off the rental, and getting to the beach club with luggage (2 adults, 2 seniors, 2 children). I wanted to use Alamo since Costco seems to have a good deal. I am open to any other suggestions as well. TIA!

Thanks for posting the pic's. I hope you don't mind some additional questions. If you had been on a higher floor, would one of the balcony views have been over-looking Crescent Lake toward the Boardwalk? Did both bathrooms have tub/shower combo? Did either bedroom have a day bed? Thanks so much for your help.

I think you would have a view of the Boardwalk area and lake from higher floors.

Both bathrooms had tub/shower combo.

No daybeds in the bedroooms but the sofa in the living room was a pullout bed.

Hello! We want to rent a car and drive from Legoland to the BCV. I tried calling Alamo inside the Swan and Dolphin as I believe this is the closest drop off to the BC? I could not speak directly to a person to inquire how to get ourselves and our luggage to our hotel BCV. Can anyone speak to their experiences with using this Alamo location, dropping off the rental, and getting to the beach club with luggage (2 adults, 2 seniors, 2 children). I wanted to use Alamo since Costco seems to have a good deal. I am open to any other suggestions as well. TIA!

I would drop everyone and the luggage off at BCV first and then have just the driver take the car to swan/ Dolphin to drop it off. That way it's an easy stroll back to BCV where hopefully you'll have been checked in by the rest of your traveling companions :)

I would drop everyone and the luggage off at BCV first and then have just the driver take the car to swan/ Dolphin to drop it off. That way it's an easy stroll back to BCV where hopefully you'll have been checked in by the rest of your traveling companions :)
Of course! That makes total sense!! So, is there definitely an Alamo in the Swan/Dolphin?

Thank you so much for your quick responses!!!

So now I have two more questions (I know, never satisfied...)

Are you in a renovated room? Tub and shower or just shower?

You said you were picking up your purchases from the park. Are they no longer delivered directly to the room for club level guests. Or did you prefer to have them sent to gift shop? Or are you within the window that is too late for delivery?

Thanks, again!!!

:dogdance:

No problem, trying to pop on while we are on the buses

Yes we are in a renovated room, I took pics but they are not uploading off my phone, says the file is to large. I'll be home March 13. I'm going to visit my parents for a couple days when we leave here Tuesday. Our bathroom has a tub with shower, we are overlooking the water

And yes, our purchases were in the room! Duh! I totally forgot this happened! Love this!!

Hi all! This is my first time posting though I've been following for a bit! We are debating between club level both at either beach club or yacht club for mid-May. I originally thought definitely Yacht since it would be brand new room, but am now rethinking. We know that even though club level renovations are complete, there is still work happening on other floors/throughout the hotel. I have read reviews saying that there have been interruptions in water and electricity (though I don't know if those were localized to area where work was being done and wouldn't affect a completed floor). If this is still happening during our stay it could be super disruptive -- especially since we have a toddler!

Any thoughts on what is the best decision? I know the general pro con about beach vs yacht, but am curious if anyone had additional thoughts based on recent stays or observations of the renovation work or anything else.

Our only other experience was the poly and I didn't really like it. I felt the rooms were very dusty (part of why I love idea of no carpet room in yacht club!), water smelled weird, and the "convenience" of location was canceled out by monorail only being up and running half the time we needed it! We also ate at Epcot a bunch so it seemed like a better move to do an Epcot resort this time around.

Thanks in advance for your time!! Much appreciated.

also: probably too late for this but how do I make my name different on here?! I would prefer to use a screen name or something...

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter