Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Since many of us have trips that are coming up here's another hot touring tip from Ninja Mom.

It seems that every family has their night owls and their early birds. This can present a challenge when trying to get everyone on the same page when keeping the Disney schedule. In my family I am the night owl and my husband is the early bird. Chances are, if it's early in the morning, no matter how much "delicious", in room coffee you try and drown me in, I'm going to be a grumpy Ninja Mom until some point in the mid morning.

It seems coffee is the only way to help a night owl cope with those early Disney mornings. Just toss in lots of cream and sugar and don't get your fingers too close. If you sweeten the pot with a Beach Club Marketplace Chocolate Croissant I might even be tempted to behave. (Actually I can NOT ever be tempted to BEHAVE ; )

So that's just about all you can do for the night owl but what to do for the Early Bird?? Sure they start out great but sometime shortly after dinner they start to crap out and get really crabby. Saying inspiring things like "Illuminations is only 3 hours away" isn't going to help these sour pusses. So what is a night owl to do???

Well I am coming to you with an answer! If you can remember to plan ahead, pack your early bird's pajamas in a back pack. Be sure to bury them under the refillable mugs and the empty zip lock bag stash that you are saving for a Disney buffet meal. Then, when your husband starts to get crabby, send him into the men's room with his jammies and tell him it's time to get changed.

Keep in mind at first he will resist getting changed. Simply point out all the other husbands (and early bird wives) that are already in their pajamas. Speak in calm, soothing tones and remind him you brought his favorite pair, you know, the ones with the arm pit holes for "extra" ventilation.

It is at this critical moment that things can turn for the worse and a temper tantrum can errupt. Err on the side of caution and whip out his favorite stuffed animal or "wubbie". In that calm soothing voice explain that if he doesn't cut the crap and get in his jammies the teddy bear gets it. Insinuate that there are lots of wubbies in the Disney lost and found that have zero chance of finding their way back to their owners because they were misbehavin and not listening to their night owls when it was pajama time. That should scare the bejesus out of 'em and get them to start listening.

Every savvy Disney planner knows that you can use these barely living early birds to stake out a spot for the evening parade or fireworks. Since they are so tired they pretty much stay where you plant them. Lucky you! As a night owl you are now free to roam around the parks unfettered by your evening anchor.

Be sure to remember exactly where you have placed them. Since it is dark out and they are this ][ close to passing out they may not respond when called. That's where using glow sticks comes in handy. Snap and shake and decorate your dead to the world early bird and you can be sure to find them even on the darkest of nights.

Getting your unconscious early birds back to the room after fireworks will surely present a challenge. Never fear because Ninja Mom is here to remind you that abandoned strollers and wheel chairs are littering the parks at closing time. (Am I right??? ::yes:: ) Simply snag a chair/stroller and place your dead in them for the trip back to the room. Be sure to take lots of pictures for Facebook of your husband wearing his holey pajamas, passed out in a Disney rental stroller, drooling on top of his teddy bear. That shot is sure to be a winner on the family Christmas card!

Be extra cautious when you have to wake your bird when it is time to climb into the bus. They will be maximally grumpy but rest assured that as soon as the bus driver turns off the lights they will slip into unconsciousness once again.

This next part is perhaps the hardest. Many a Night Owl has been tempted to leave their Early Bird on the bus rather then wake them up and make them get off. No matter how crabby your bird can get, always remember that, for the bus driver's sake, you have a moral imperative to take your passed out party member off of your bus at the appropriate stop. DO Not be tempted to rationalize that they will just be circling the resort's other bus stops all night until morning. It simply doesn't work like that!

Like they always say, "Remember to take all of your belongings and take unconscious people by the hand as you exit the vehicle". Besides all that... who is going to make your coffee in the morning? Huh??

~NM

Hello all..
Sooooo.....I guess a post I made a few days ago got yanked, and I'm not 100% sure I know why, but I do have a sneaking suspicion.

Oh well...
Bottom line.
WE'RE COMING BACK TO DISNEY!

We recently bought a home and didn't think financially that Disney would be in the cards, but we're making it work. We will be at the Poly from Aug 15-17 and then YC from Aug 17-22. Wheeee!

Now to decide where we'll have our 10th anniversary dinner. I think we're between Citrico's and Narcoosee's....

Our tummys say Citricos (read:food is better), but our hearts say Narcoossee's (views, fireworks, etc...)
Timing your dinner at Narcoossees for Wishes is always special. Love the lobster.

Here are some fun videos of a family's trip to WDW. This one is about a half an hour:

This short one shows baby Jack jack falling in love with Snow White:

These videos should get you wagging your tail!

~NM
PS. Thinking of you Hockey Mom, hopefully these will brighten your day!
Omg!! How cute is that little one!! And all those outfits mom made, so adorable. Amazing pixie dust at BWI. Wow. I think the CMs would have to phone Sheriffs Dept to get me out of there to be sure! Thanks for sharing!

page 491

Just booked our stay for the week after Thanksgiving! This will be our first time at BCR having stayed at both value and moderate before. I'm afraid I will not be able to go back to either level after staying at this beautiful resort!

:welcome:

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1 (Post 15)

:cool1:

Hello all..

WE'RE COMING BACK TO DISNEY!

We recently bought a home and didn't think financially that Disney would be in the cards, but we're making it work. We will be at the Poly from Aug 15-17 and then YC from Aug 17-22. Wheeee!

Now to decide where we'll have our 10th anniversary dinner. I think we're between Citrico's and Narcoosee's....

Our tummys say Citricos (read:food is better), but our hearts say Narcoossee's (views, fireworks, etc...)

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the list!

:woohoo:

Can't help you with the dining choice- we haven't been to any of those fancy-schmancy places.

But wherever you end up, I am sure it will be wonderful!

::yes::

So that's just about all you can do for the night owl but what to do for the Early Bird?? Sure they start out great but sometime shortly after dinner they start to crap out and get really crabby. Saying inspiring things like "Illuminations is only 3 hours away" isn't going to help these sour pusses. So what is a night owl to do???

Early bird here!

With a warning about what may happen if you hang out with a Night Owl like ~NinjaMom

SB6.jpg

True Story!

If you want to read all about it, here is the link to the chapter in the Antics report

Woozy: I Have To Sleep With One Eye Open. That’s Why I’m Wearing Sunglasses.

:cool2:

Last edited:
I am trying to help our middle school with their 8th grade trip to Disney in June.

I am looking (on the Disney site) for hours the days they will be at the parks, June 7-9.

HS is showing as closing at 8:30, with F! at 9. Have they been closing hours that early each night, or have they been extending hours last minute? Are Star Wars fireworks currently happening every night?

Thanks for any info!

:goodvibes

I am trying to help our middle school with their 8th grade trip to Disney in June.

I am looking (on the Disney site) for hours the days they will be at the parks, June 7-9.

HS is showing as closing at 8:30, with F! at 9. Have they been closing hours that early each night, or have they been extending hours last minute? Are Star Wars fireworks currently happening every night?

Thanks for any info!

In May, the SW fireworks have been on Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri with the park closing at 10 those nights (fireworks at 9:45). However, the HS schedule has not been updated past 5/28 and the current rumor is that the new show is supposed to start 6/5. It will be nightly. But we don't expect the last week of May / first week of June to be posted until the show start date is finalized.

In May, the SW fireworks have been on Sun, Mon, Wed, Fri with the park closing at 10 those nights (fireworks at 9:45). However, the HS schedule has not been updated past 5/28 and the current rumor is that the new show is supposed to start 6/5. It will be nightly. But we don't expect the last week of May / first week of June to be posted until the show start date is finalized.

Thanks so much!!! Appreciate the info!

That's kind of what I thought, but I didn't want to assume anything or miss anything.

::yes::

hi guys! i was on this thread last year when i had booked to stay at the YC in dec... sad i had to cancel due to the terrible shape of the canadian dollar. well i managed to get free dining for the same week at the YC this year - so it must be "meant to be", right??

anyway, please add me to be my guest list... our dates are dec 14 to dec 21 and i hope this year our dream does come true.

off to check out what i have missed, specifically YC refurb updates... i could be lost in this thread for days! :D

Thanks for any info!

We will be staying at POR with our extended family from June 4th-8th and have been watching the park hours and announcements of new shows, fireworks and rides. So far there hasn't been very much information posted yet about that early part of June. There is a rumor that the new Star Wars fireworks will premier June 5th. And a whole bunch of stuff will open Memorial weekend at AK. But no news yet on the other parks.

So, I'm bringing two 11 year old boys who like to sleep in to Disney! I just can't sleep late and need a place to hang out while they snooze. I guess my options are a full balcony or in the lounge. We booked a GV CL room. Anyone know if those are or can be near the lounge? Alternatively I could request a full balcony.

Eta: we have stayed BC CL before but I don't recall room layouts and locations

Sat.
Flying in, get rental car, make a stop on the way to Yacht Club

Stormalong Bay for the afternoon
ADR 5:30 Cape May Café Buffet
Disney Springs evening stroll
9:00 Watch Illuminations from the beach/lighthouse area
ADR 9:40 Beaches & Cream Soda Shop
I'm super behind so I don't know if someone has already commented on this. Disney Springs may be an issue for you here. It looks like you'll have a rental car, so hour long waits for buses wouldn't be an issue. I would ask how long it takes to drive/park between BC and Disney Springs at night here or on the transportation board. An alternative to strolling Disney Springs might be strolling to Boardwalk. It's smaller (Disney Springs is HUGE now, lots to see, and part of it wasn't even open when I saw it last fall lol!) but you wouldn't have to worry about transportation or missing fireworks. In all honesty Disney Springs is an all night and more event in itself. I could easily spend an afternoon, evening, and night there (my pocket book however could not :rotfl2:). We did Disney Springs the night of our Resort Day at Universal.

On Sun I see you listed "Epcot 'til we drop" so I would definitely make an ADR for dinner. The range of restaurants available are amazing, and you can recharge your batteries in park while eating dinner and decide if you want to stick around to see Illuminations from in the park!

Whatever you decide to do you definitely have the outline of an awesome trip to Orlando! Have fun!

Waiting for the tragical depress to take us to the airport. Lessons learned this trip:

1. Don't come back with anyone who needs a stroller or likes to drink from puddles. Also, don't bring the older girls back until they are 14+ and can run to whatever park they wish. For those in that age group, we're talking 2018 at the earliest.

2. The Polynesian is lovely and the monorail is awesome when it's running. Even ignoring the dodgy schedule and breakdown at Epcot, the BC is home.

3. See above. The BC is home, so I'm booking a stay there as soon as I'm able for August 2017. I will probably bring my son for a mother/son trip because it's his turn.
Thanks for checking in here Tara

We will be at the Poly late July. I wish it was BC, I am definitely in love with the Epcot side.

That said, December I will be at BEACH CLUB (I actually haven't even changed that one.....)

I love the EPCOT resorts and the wonderful short walk from
Some of the BC rooms right over the bridge.

Funny, while I absolutely love the MK resorts, I miss the EPCOT resorts when staying on
the MK side ...and just the opposite when staying at BC. Guess I just love them all!! :)

I love the EPCOT resorts and the wonderful short walk from
Some of the BC rooms right over the bridge.

Funny, while I absolutely love the MK resorts, I miss the EPCOT resorts when staying on
the MK side ...and just the opposite when staying at BC. Guess I just love them all!! :)
I was on the phone with Guest Services yesterday regarding a "lost refund"..yes friends, you CAN have too many changes to a reservation. We chatted about her wedding at BC years ago. I can't wait to come see DS at the CP, and walk to WS!

This is why I end up with too many split stays. I love the resorts so much and have such a hard time settling on where to stay! It's not so much that I "miss" the other resorts while I'm at another, but then again, I've only stayed in one place for a maximum of 7 nights (and that's unusual).

I'm hoping for a Beach Club villa for a few nights in mid-January, assuming one is available at 7 months. It's been too long since I've stayed at the Beach Club, and I've never stayed at the villas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter