Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hi Dee, can you take us off the BOG list. We were 7/31-8/8 at BCV. I toyed with idea of going and dealing with a much lesser trip and potentially not getting to go to parks everyday even with AP, but SAB being closed was the final straw. Sad, first year we are missing in 20 but would rather spend August on the gulf coast beaches.

We were bumped from YC to Riviera 4th of July weekend. We are fine with it mainly because SAB is closed, if they would have told us that we were bumped to BCV I def would have cancelled without SAB

Glad you got moved to something you like. Rivera looks really nice.
did they give you any hint if YC will be open at all in July? After July 11th or 15th?

We have Beach Club Club Level room/tickets for August 7-10. Our dining reservations were canceled last week, we couldn’t make Fast Passes at the 60 day mark, Stormalong Bay is closed & The Club lounge will not be available. And now our Jet Blue flights were just canceled!

Would you wait to see what happens, or take a hint and get a refund on the deposit? I would need to rebook flights out of a different airport.

I have a similar situation. YC Cub Level, July 13-18. No club level service, no adds, no fastpasses. Epcot & studios not open til 2 days after we arrive. Jetblue canceled our nonstop flights but I was able to get refunds. Southwest has nonstops we like - early flight down with mid afternoon flight home & good prices. I have plenty of points but hadn’t booked yet. Checked this morning- the afternoon flight home is now “unavailable “. The only other nonstop home is at 7 AM! I am beginning to think the universe is telling me to JUST STAY HOME! :sad2:

And yet, I’m still not ready to cancel. :rotfl2:

Glad you got moved to something you like. Rivera looks really nice.
did they give you any hint if YC will be open at all in July? After July 11th or 15th?

No they didn't say anything...the whole process is strange...in order for me to look at moving to another date they said they would 1st have to cancel my July 4th reservation, then they could look at other dates, but I would lose my current AP rate and room. They did tell me to call back in 2 days to see if that changes...most likely nothing will change as far as future reservation request goes....at least not in 2 days.

Page 1630-1631

Another week.

Still limited info.

:sad2:

I have reservation for BC august 8th taking my 3 yr old for first time she is beyond excited. Keeping this reservation maybe the most difficult decision in my adult life to this point. Booked as beach club water view club acess. Two hour conversation tonight with customer service coordinator says that I will get walked to beachclub villas with no compensation. There are some many questions that the agents have absolutely no answers for at what point do I wait before I cancel.

:welcome: to this forum!

:cool1:

I'll pencil in your trip on the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

I'm surprised at the info you received from the CS member. Unless I'm mistaken, Disney really hasn't released detailed information about what will happen when the "initial reopen phase" ends or even when that will happen.

Will additional rooms beyond those at DVC be open soon? When? Which ones? Who knows???

Will there be major changes once the theme parks open? Unclear (although I suspect yes).

Information about the dates that the various pools will be open and closed are vague.

Disney seems to be keeping their cards close to the vest. Understandably. They don't want to overpromise and then have to change plans if the domestic and worldwide situation changes.

This really sucks for guests with imminent trips and even those trying to plan out vacations later this year.

I hope you, and the rest of us, receive some clarity soon.

::yes::

We’re at YC week before. Did they say you’d definitely be getting moved to villas?

Thanks. I’ll do the same if I hear anything about our reservation. Best of luck to you.

Btw, I forget, did you have a recovery offer from the spring/summer? We did. It was supposed to be our first time trying the DDP 😕 I convinced my DH to switch from CR to YC bc of SAB—now it looks like that was a bad idea. ☹

Good question. I haven't heard definitively that guests who have vacations scheduled after the theme parks open will be moved, but honestly, I haven't been following closely. Ditto on the timeframe for closure of SAB.

:confused3

So, we have reservations Aug 4th-11th at YC. One of the biggest reasons we booked was SAB ( thinking, oh if we can’t get into the park we can at least hang at SAB....) Now I’m thinking that might be a busted up plan 🤣. I’m “assuming” we will be “walked” to BCV with no SAB and have to “maybe” get to use the scary clown slide pool at Boardwalk😳.

:welcome: to the thread.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Hoping we all get answers soon!

:goodvibes

The possibility of no SAB is making me less sad that our July trip for sure and maybe even our August trip will get cancelled due to the border not reopening. That clown pool over at BW is a hard no, even if they did have transportation available. No SAB is our dealbreaker, I think. And unless they open the water parks at some point, things look a little bleak for the summer trips.

I hate to say this in my out loud voice, but DH and I are toying with an August backup trip to Universal instead. Although we’ve got WDW APs, Uni has their water park open, club level is running and their deluxe hotels include unlimited express pass. When you compare the two places, Uni is kind of winning in terms of the experience they’re offering so far. Disney may need to get a bit more organized and forthcoming with info if they want to compete...or maybe that’s their plan, they’re trying to scare people into cancelling to keep the numbers down without any action on Disney’s part.

What is your experience with Universal? My family always enjoys our trips over to the "Dark Side".

:wizard:

We have Beach Club Club Level room/tickets for August 7-10. Our dining reservations were canceled last week, we couldn’t make Fast Passes at the 60 day mark, Stormalong Bay is closed & The Club lounge will not be available. And now our Jet Blue flights were just canceled!

Would you wait to see what happens, or take a hint and get a refund on the deposit? I would need to rebook flights out of a different airport.

:wave2:

:welcome: back!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list as you wait for information allowing you to make decisions about your upcoming trip.

:thumbsup2

We were bumped from YC to Riviera 4th of July weekend. We are fine with it mainly because SAB is closed, if they would have told us that we were bumped to BCV I def would have cancelled without SAB

:welcome: to this forum, and thank you so much for the information about your situation.

If you keep your trip, enjoy your stay over at Riviera!

:goodvibes

I talked to my sister and we are still holding on to our October reservation. 120 Days to go!

I have a week in October at the Beach Club Villas. So happy to hear the villas are some of the first resorts opening. Keeps me optimistic that my reservation isn't going to change!

Page 1630-1631

What is your experience with Universal? My family always enjoys our trips over to the "Dark Side".

We’ve been once since the HP sections opened, stayed at Royal Pacific. It’s not bad, but I prefer Disney. The 3D/screens rides make me a bit queasy so I find more to do at WDW. I love Express Pass, though. The lack of having to preplan specific ride order as much is really nice. I’d be happy if WDW moved to a system more like Express Pass. Our trips are generally long weekends, so FPs for anything good are hard to come by.

We’d figured that the summer trips, which were replacements for cancelled spring trips, would be spent in the pool and at the waterparks, so if those don’t open my disappointment if the trips get cancelled entirely Is definitely lessened.

As I’m sure is the same for most people, my biggest complaint right now is a lack of concrete info. I get why no one will commit to anything long-range, but it’s frustrating to not be able to plan more than a couple of weeks ahead.

We’ve been once since the HP sections opened, stayed at Royal Pacific. It’s not bad, but I prefer Disney. The 3D/screens rides make me a bit queasy so I find more to do at WDW. I love Express Pass, though. The lack of having to preplan specific ride order as much is really nice. I’d be happy if WDW moved to a system more like Express Pass. Our trips are generally long weekends, so FPs for anything good are hard to come by.

We’d figured that the summer trips, which were replacements for cancelled spring trips, would be spent in the pool and at the waterparks, so if those don’t open my disappointment if the trips get cancelled entirely Is definitely lessened.

As I’m sure is the same for most people, my biggest complaint right now is a lack of concrete info. I get why no one will commit to anything long-range, but it’s frustrating to not be able to plan more than a couple of weeks ahead.
Yep--we are considering Universal for the first time as well, depending on what happens with our August trip (possible resort change and lack of park reservation available are my biggest concerns). Would definitely get a resort with included express pass too, though am leaning toward Portofino even though it is further from the parks because am worried Royal Pacific would make me miss the Poly too much. Volcano Bay is a huge benefit in the Florida summer--am still shocked Disney closed BOTH of its water parks. .

I get bumped because of the NBA !
Disney is going to have a lot of angry guests.
Using three deluxe for the NBA is aggravating for all the guests who have vacations planned. So furious right now.
What did I miss? Are they at the YC/BC now?

I get bumped because of the NBA !
Disney is going to have a lot of angry guests.
Using three deluxe for the NBA is aggravating for all the guests who have vacations planned. So furious right now.
SO AM I!!!!!! Unless they subsidize our trip with a massive discount, I am truly done. Where can they move us? We are true YC people. The few times we've stayed at BC we have not been all that happy. Can't 'upgrade us to GF. Poly is not the same and the pool is not SAB. wonder if they'll restrict parts of SAB too.

We are booked YC CL in August. Did you see where after the first round they can book a crazy number of rooms too!

SO AM I!!!!!! Unless they subsidize our trip with a massive discount, I am truly done. Where can they move us? We are true YC people. The few times we've stayed at BC we have not been all that happy. Can't 'upgrade us to GF. We are booked YC CL
They will probably move us to BCV with no feature pool!!!!!!! I am so pissed.
They don’t care that guests had these vacations booked for a year ! They see NBA and see $$$$$$.

Holy cow. I mean, I might be okay with this at YC if Stormalong Bay is still closed, but why close GF too? That would be a logical place to move people as it is fairly construed as an upgrade and has a nice pool area and water views.

SO AM I!!!!!! Unless they subsidize our trip with a massive discount, I am truly done. Where can they move us? We are true YC people. The few times we've stayed at BC we have not been all that happy. Can't 'upgrade us to GF. Poly is not the same and the pool is not SAB. wonder if they'll restrict parts of SAB too.

We are booked YC CL in August. Did you see where after the first round they can book a crazy number of rooms too!
Wow that is terrible!! I feel for you. NBA comes first I guess. Over loyal guests who have had trips planned for months or even a year or more! Disney is going to have a lot of mad people.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter