• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

It only makes sense to fully open Yacht and Beach Club as a resort, not just DVC. Transportation is going to be a huge issue and people at Yacht and Beach can literally walk to two parks. This has to be a huge reason to fully open these resorts. Less worry about social distancing on Disney transportation.

With the NBA playing basketball at Disney's Wide World of Sports from late July through---??? whenever they have playoffs. The players, coaches, staff, television crews ... are going to have to sleep somewhere and I can't see them staying in anything but a Deluxe resort so rooms might be very limited for that time frame!!!

I believe that NBA will be taking over Coronado resort - maybe there were others, but that's the last I read was the rumor anyway. And also, I think I read that neither players, family, or team staff would be allowed to visit parks, etc.

I have reservation for BC august 8th taking my 3 yr old for first time she is beyond excited. Keeping this reservation maybe the most difficult decision in my adult life to this point. Booked as beach club water view club acess. Two hour conversation tonight with customer service coordinator says that I will get walked to beachclub villas with no compensation. There are some many questions that the agents have absolutely no answers for at what point do I wait before I cancel.

I have reservation for BC august 8th taking my 3 yr old for first time she is beyond excited. Keeping this reservation maybe the most difficult decision in my adult life to this point. Booked as beach club water view club acess. Two hour conversation tonight with customer service coordinator says that I will get walked to beachclub villas with no compensation. There are some many questions that the agents have absolutely no answers for at what point do I wait before I cancel.
I am sorry . The lack of information from Disney is really rough . SAB may not even be open either . It’s just such a mess .

I am sorry . The lack of information from Disney is really rough . SAB may not even be open either . It’s just such a mess .
Yes very difficult we've all put our trust is disney but I feel seriously let down with nothing cant even rebook for a later time at this point. It's cancel or sit.

Actually in the past I believe Disney provided some kind of transportation to Boardwalk for using the pool (not boat). But with social distancing rules I don’t know what they will do about transport. If they provided transport they could theoretically tell you if pool was at capacity before you boarded.
They used golf carts but it was way quicker to walk. I haven't seen any announcements about transportation if this is the plan. Take the bridge over by the Swolphin and you are headed in the right direction.

golf cart.jpg

~NM

Yes very difficult we've all put our trust is disney but I feel seriously let down with nothing cant even rebook for a later time at this point. It's cancel or sit.
You check in the day we leave. I have YC 7/31-8/8. Not sure we will end up . I did book a back up trip to Universal studios just in case. I have teenage daughters though. Yours would be too young for Universal to fully enjoy .
Again sorry.

We’re at YC week before. Did they say you’d definitely be getting moved to villas?

Thanks. I’ll do the same if I hear anything about our reservation. Best of luck to you.

Btw, I forget, did you have a recovery offer from the spring/summer? We did. It was supposed to be our first time trying the DDP 😕 I convinced my DH to switch from CR to YC bc of SAB—now it looks like that was a bad idea. ☹️

Is it just you and the three-year-old? If yes, then in my personal opinion moving from BC to BCV would not be reason enough to cancel the reservation. The biggest downside to moving from BC to BCV is that a studio only has 1 bed, a sofa bed and a pull-down bed rather than two real beds. Would that be problematic for the people in your group?

In terms of timing for cancelling, I wouldn't be in a hurry to do so. What's the latest on Disney's cancellation fees? What's the latest on your airline's cancelllation fees, assuming that you are flying? If there is no financial penalty for waiting to cancel, then I would wait to see what happens.

I'm assuming that your only concern is the possible move from BC to BCV, because that's all you mentioned. I realize that people have other concerns which could cause them to cancel.

So, we have reservations Aug 4th-11th at YC. One of the biggest reasons we booked was SAB ( thinking, oh if we can’t get into the park we can at least hang at SAB....) Now I’m thinking that might be a busted up plan 🤣. I’m “assuming” we will be “walked” to BCV with no SAB and have to “maybe” get to use the scary clown slide pool at Boardwalk😳.

The possibility of no SAB is making me less sad that our July trip for sure and maybe even our August trip will get cancelled due to the border not reopening. That clown pool over at BW is a hard no, even if they did have transportation available. No SAB is our dealbreaker, I think. And unless they open the water parks at some point, things look a little bleak for the summer trips.

I hate to say this in my out loud voice, but DH and I are toying with an August backup trip to Universal instead. Although we’ve got WDW APs, Uni has their water park open, club level is running and their deluxe hotels include unlimited express pass. When you compare the two places, Uni is kind of winning in terms of the experience they’re offering so far. Disney may need to get a bit more organized and forthcoming with info if they want to compete...or maybe that’s their plan, they’re trying to scare people into cancelling to keep the numbers down without any action on Disney’s part.

The possibility of no SAB is making me less sad that our July trip for sure and maybe even our August trip will get cancelled due to the border not reopening. That clown pool over at BW is a hard no, even if they did have transportation available. No SAB is our dealbreaker, I think. And unless they open the water parks at some point, things look a little bleak for the summer trips.

I hate to say this in my out loud voice, but DH and I are toying with an August backup trip to Universal instead. Although we’ve got WDW APs, Uni has their water park open, club level is running and their deluxe hotels include unlimited express pass. When you compare the two places, Uni is kind of winning in terms of the experience they’re offering so far. Disney may need to get a bit more organized and forthcoming with info if they want to compete...or maybe that’s their plan, they’re trying to scare people into cancelling to keep the numbers down without any action on Disney’s part.
I would “consider” a resort change. Depending. Even a downgrade, if refunded the difference, but I’m with you. If it’s not Yacht or even BC/BCV WITH SAB I’m thinking we are out! “If” they would let me “swap” over the GF or monorail DVC then I would consider, also possibly AKL DVC. I just don’t know what the options are and “if” SAB will open later?

I was so sad that all I could get for July was Pop, but now that SAB is closed I'm slightly relieved. I agree that it being closed is a total deal breaker - it's one of the big reason YC is my "home" resort. My sister & I have expired Disney AP's (May 10th) so if they're not extended by the time we go (July 17th so we're nervous) we also are looking at USO as a backup. It'll cost more than Pop, but like you said, in terms of experience it may be worth it.

We have Beach Club Club Level room/tickets for August 7-10. Our dining reservations were canceled last week, we couldn’t make Fast Passes at the 60 day mark, Stormalong Bay is closed & The Club lounge will not be available. And now our Jet Blue flights were just canceled!

Would you wait to see what happens, or take a hint and get a refund on the deposit? I would need to rebook flights out of a different airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter