Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

:offtopic:

Just a heads up. My friends personal (Maclaren) stroller was stolen from Hollywood Studios this week. She was at at meet with Olaf and there is zero chance that it was moved by a CM (she checked) or that she missed it in the small stroller parking area. Another guest may have mistakenly taken it, however within the same hour, she overhead another family who was missing a stroller and the next day a family in the Magic Kingdom had their stroller go missing.

>:(

Hello all! I need to ship a package to The Beach Club before our stay. Do I use the address on Disney's Website and address it to the name on the reservation? Is there any other info I should include?
Thanks for your help!

I always put the hotel address on the first line. On the second line I put “hold for guest (My name)
Then city,state, zip.

Remember that if you use fedex or ups it will be delivered to the business office of the yc/bc convention center.

Hi! I read somewhere else some guests who were booked for BC are being moved to the yacht club side. Is the club lounge being refurbished??? Or is something else going on
Wait! What????

I asked the BC CL staff about this and they are closing the 5th floor for WiFi upgrades to the rooms, beginning the end of October. They estimate that they will be closed for a couple weeks, but don't know exactly how long it will take. It is the last floor to be upgraded at the BC. They need it, too. The WiFi on the 5th floor was so bad that I ended up using my Hot Spot. The benefit of that was that it was a secure internet connection :)
You are booked in a studio villa, correct?

I am guessing that yes, you can get to the path, but you will be unable to lock your door from the outside.

Could one of our BCV experts answer this?
The villas have the same kind of sliding doors that the BC have. We used to have a fast person assigned to staying behind to lock the sliding door, then run to catch up the group that slipped out the patio door. :)

Wait! What????

:confused3

The mini refurb work that started at the BC in July has reached the 5th floor. It is apparently just upgrading the WiFi, no actual room refurbs. On the other floors, they were just closing sections of the floor to get the work done. But with club level, people have gotten notices the floor will be closed. There are a few threads from people who have been notified they are being moved to YC Club level. From what I have read, it starts the end of the month, maybe the 26th?

I wonder if they will start on YC when BC is done?

So this is pretty delayed, but we stayed at the YC August 16-18 for the passholder preview to SWGE. We were in a water view room, and got room 2019. I love the YC rooms, and this was no exception, but this location left quite a bit to be desired. IMHO this should not be classified as a water view, it should be a garden view, since when you look straight out you really see all boardwalk and essentially no water. You have to look completely right to actually see water. We had a garden view room once that was a better view than this one - if you looked left from that room you had a view of the water, and straight out was the gazebo. If they classified it as garden then people who got it would think it was great, instead of water and people who get it feel slightly cheated. If we had a longer stay I would have asked to move, but with our timing I really didn't even have time to go ask! We only booked water view because that was what was available with the AP discount. We got the room around 2:30 and ran out ASAP to get to MNSSHP, and then next AM had to be at DHS by 8 AM, and were only back to drop things off until we then swam for a while our second night before leaving the next morning.

Also, it was a loooong walk to the lobby. Not a huge deal, but annoying to both have a long walk and not great view. I timed it, and walking fairly briskly it actually took me 4 min to get the the stairs that took you down to the lobby. So obviously not insurmountable, but annoying. it was slightly amusing, because when I got the room number I saw the xx19 and thought maybe we were only 19 rooms from the lobby - and thus close. Then we started walking down the hall toward the room and kept going, and going, and going... When we got there I was at least hoping for a gorgeous water view - Haha, definitely not the case. It was nice to be on the second floor and able to just go down those open stairs instead of using the elevator since we didn't have a stroller this trip. It was also super convenient for walking to DHS, as it was right around the corner from the entrance on that end.

I didn't mean that to sound so negative, because we still love the YC and its rooms and the resort in general, I just wanted to mention why I would not request or recommend this particular water view room. It suited our needs for the short weekend, as we were hardly in the room, and in fact even if we had been in the room a lot it would have been perfectly fine, just not the best water view room our there.

The photos are looking left, looking straight, and then looking rightYC room 2019_4.JPG
YC room 2019.JPGYC room 2019_2.JPGYC room 2019_3.JPG

[QUOTE="natebenma, post: 61155796, member: 203544"

You are booked in a studio villa, correct?

I am guessing that yes, you can get to the path, but you will be unable to lock your door from the outside.

Could one of our BCV experts answer this?

:magnify:
[/QUOTE]
Assuming it is BCVs, the answer will vary depending upon location. For the most part the first floor villas access "a path" which will eventually get you to the main areas. The only exceptions are the villas that are directly adjacent to the Dunes Cove Pool [one side] where there is no path and you'll run in to the fence surrounding the pool. Probably 7 villas in all with only one of those being a studio. Having said that, there may also be some shrubs, trees and lattice to navigate depending on actual location. As others have already pointed out the sliders do not have key access nor can they be locked from the outside.

I knew about the extra large balcony(ies) at the BCV. Is there only one that is ridiculously huge?

:magnify:
I can only speak for the studios, but know for a fact since we have actually stayed in these rooms that 455, 463, and 263 have larger than normal balconies.

Well, I think the YC has won us over. My husband and I stayed in a water view in early April for a (mostly) resort-only babymoon. We loved our stay there and just booked to come back next April 18-25th with our baby who will be 7 months old then.

I originally booked when the Gift of Magic offer came out the other day, but I received a pin code yesterday and was able to apply that and save some money.

Unfortunately the only room category available for this trip was a garden view. We were so spoiled on our last trip when we were assigned to what I think was a deluxe room (4201). The room was huge and had a great view of SAB and the Boardwalk.

IMG_9390.JPGIMG_7367.JPGIMG_4332.JPGIMG_9391.JPGIMG_2617.JPG

Hello all! I need to ship a package to The Beach Club before our stay. Do I use the address on Disney's Website and address it to the name on the reservation? Is there any other info I should include?
Thanks for your help!
I always put the hotel address on the first line. On the second line I put “hold for guest (My name)
Then city,state, zip.

Remember that if you use fedex or ups it will be delivered to the business office of the yc/bc convention center.

Also be sure to put the dates of your reservation on the package. The CM's need this information for holding and storing your package. The US Postal Service will deliver packages to the hotel itself. The other shipping services have their packages delivered to the Convention center and you will have to walk over and pick them up yourself.

~NM

Also be sure to put the dates of your reservation on the package. The CM's need this information for holding and storing your package. The US Postal Service will deliver packages to the hotel itself. The other shipping services have their packages delivered to the Convention center and you will have to walk over and pick them up yourself.

~NM
I believe, could be wrong, but I think US Mail is delivered to a central mail facility first. From there it is sorted and delivered to the Resort. This can result in a bit of a delay

~NM

I hate to disagree with the very knowledgeable Ninja Mom, but I have shipped packages to several Disney resorts including BCV and I have never put my arrival date on the package. The packages always arrived safely. If you are filling out a form there might not even be room for arrival date.

I hate to disagree with the very knowledgeable Ninja Mom, but I have shipped packages to several Disney resorts including BCV and I have never put my arrival date on the package. The packages always arrived safely. If you are filling out a form there might not even be room for arrival date.
Straight from the Disney Mom's panel:

https://disneyparksmomspanel.disney...-amazon-hotel-arrivalgt-diapers-wipes-319878/

~NM
PS, Love you too Best Aunt, :hug: us Dis Boards Beach Club thread old timers gotta stick together!

I believe, could be wrong, but I think US Mail is delivered to a central mail facility first. From there it is sorted and delivered to the Resort. This can result in a bit of a delay
That's a great thought. I found this link https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/mail-services/ that provides great into about sending and receiving packages at the resort.

There is also this post by the Moderator that talks about the delay incurred in package delivery because of the use of a central Mail facility:
https://www.disboards.com/threads/shipping-to-and-from-disney-resorts-faq-new.3435904/

~NM

Have a room configuration question.
My DW has a bad back and we have a reservation at a BC water view room 12/6 to 12/13.
Are there rooms in this category with a couch for sitting, as hotel chairs are not usually comfortable fir her to sit in and sitting on the bed isn't good either?
Do these rooms have balconies?
If so what is the best way to request this configuration?
Can my TA notated it for us?

TIA

Have a room configuration question.
My DW has a bad back and we have a reservation at a BC water view room 12/6 to 12/13.
Are there rooms in this category with a couch for sitting, as hotel chairs are not usually comfortable fir her to sit in and sitting on the bed isn't good either?
Do these rooms have balconies?
If so what is the best way to request this configuration?
Can my TA notated it for us?

TIA

Yes, your TA can add a request to your room reservation. Something like "Room with daybed needed for comfort for medical back issue. Full balcony (or patio) if possible."

Not sure if all of that would fit, but I always like to add the reason for a particular request if there is one.

:thumbsup2

I had a package delivered when we were staying and I didn’t put our dates on. I did add our hotel room number on tho as we were already there when I ordered.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter