Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

I’m looking for recent experiences. Has anyone recently been allowed to take a camera down the Flying Jib? I’m hoping to be able to when we go next month, but I don’t want to drag my camera all the way down if they’re not going to allow it. Thanks!!
My daughter used a camera in June with no problem - not even a go pro -an Olympus tg and recorded herself going down :)

We’re planning an April 2020 stay, and are looking to branch out from our beloved WL with a stay at YC. We’re mainly concerned about two things:
  1. The new dog policy; and
  2. The lack of a comprehensive QS location.
I think #2 is really our primary topic of concern... I know that there are a ton of places dotted around Crescent Lake where QS can be had, from the pizza window on the Boardwalk, to the BC Marketplace, to Hurricane Hanna’s, to (of course) the many and various Epcot QS options. However, it seems that most require one to go outside, and travel a decent distance (again, this is coming from someone who is accustomed to WL where the Roaring Fork is just an elevator ride away). And because of the “little bit here, little bit there” nature of it all, I can easily envision having to make three different stops for three different people... drag. I’m honestly surprised that YC/BC would be designed with such a glaring omission.

Thoughts/insights?

We’re planning an April 2020 stay, and are looking to branch out from our beloved WL with a stay at YC. We’re mainly concerned about two things:
I think #2 is really our primary topic of concern... I know that there are a ton of places dotted around Crescent Lake where QS can be had, from the pizza window on the Boardwalk, to the BC Marketplace, to Hurricane Hanna’s, to (of course) the many and various Epcot QS options. However, it seems that most require one to go outside, and travel a decent distance (again, this is coming from someone who is accustomed to WL where the Roaring Fork is just an elevator ride away). I’m honestly surprised that YC/BC would be designed with such a glaring omission.

Thoughts/insights?
The market at ale and compass in YC is a nice, quiet qs spot. We’ve eaten there a couple of times and its just an elevator ride away in YC.

I just have one extremely important question. Where's the closest place to YC to get Mickey waffles? 😋 I don't see them on the Market at Ale & Compass breakfast menu, but I think I remember someone mentioning that they've been serving them recently. Is that still true?

And second question - how early can we get them?

Thanks!

Where's the closest place to YC to get Mickey waffles? 😋 I don't see them on the Ale&Compass breakfast menu, but I think I remember someone mentioning that they've been serving them recently. Is that still true?

Thanks!
The closest that I know is the BC Marketplace. Opens @ 6am. No idea if Ale & Compass serves Mickey waffles... someone else can field that I’m sure.

I just have one extremely important question. Where's the closest place to YC to get Mickey waffles? 😋 I don't see them on the Market at Ale & Compass breakfast menu, but I think I remember someone mentioning that they've been serving them recently. Is that still true?

Thanks!
The Market at Ale & Compass has Mickey waffles. It used to be a little card/sign, but now it is on the official menu board. The Market opens at 6am, but the waffles aren't available until 7am. I just got an order on 6/30 and they were made fresh to order. Delicious!

The Market at Ale & Compass has Mickey waffles. It used to be a little card/sign, but now it is on the official menu board. The Market opens at 6am, but the waffles aren't available until 7am. I just got an order on 6/30 and they were made fresh to order. Delicious!
Hooray! This is great news. Thank you!

I’m looking for recent experiences. Has anyone recently been allowed to take a camera down the Flying Jib? I’m hoping to be able to when we go next month, but I don’t want to drag my camera all the way down if they’re not going to allow it. Thanks!!

My daughter used a camera in June with no problem - not even a go pro -an Olympus tg and recorded herself going down :)

@mcurrence- thanks for the confirmation!

These are not recent, but here is a video (by Boski) and a few of my photos of the Jib Slide experience- these are posted on Page 1, Post 3

Take a Ride on the Slide by Boski:

Let's Ride the Slide! July 2013

:fish:

Page 1489

@natebenma -- You do an amazing job keeping up with everything on this thread. Thanks!
I'm now at 3 weeks and I think I'm way more excited than my traveling companions (sister, 14 yo niece, and 16 yo nephew). I hope they can keep up with me. I'm ready for a vacation now!

Awww! Thanks for the kind words!

I'm sure your excitement will continue to build in the next couple of weeks.

:woohoo:

I also already have our MBs, I got lucky and was able to upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I got the white Castle band for myself and DS's GF, DH has Darth Vader. They didn't have the Stitch I wanted for my DS, but I got something maybe better-Sorcerer Mickey! Our first trip he was 6 and once we saw Fantasmic! he fell in love with Sorcerer Mickey. The following year we went for MNSSHP and he had to have that as a costume-we got the sorcerer hat with the ears, a red wizard robe-he was just adorable. He's 24 now and we are taking him and his GF to MNSSHP-she is going to wear a Minnie dress and he wants to redo his costume from all those years ago-I can't wait to see it!

I love this story so much!

If you are able to, please post pictures from then and now after your trip!

:smickey:

I've been watching videos of SAB, I am not a swimmer and some of that really looks intimidating to me. DH says he'll get me a pail and shovel and I can play in the kiddie section :o.

The lazy river is very deep in parts, up to 8 feet, but there are many very lovely areas of Stormalong Bay that even I can stand up and not have the water over my head.

:fish:

I always use the online form: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/en_CA/airport-transportation-reservation/

It even works if you booked through a TA or something. So much easier than giving the info over the phone!

Thanks for posting this link. For a long while I had a link to an online signup for DME on Page 1 (maybe I still do) but I don't think it ever worked. I'll add this to the FAQ post.

:thanks:

Leaving bright ( actually it will still be dark out) and early tomorrow. We will arrive at BCV Wednesday morning after our HRH stay. If anyone has any questions or any pics just let me know and I will do my best to get what’s needed.

Have a fabulous stay!

:goodvibes

Getting so excited! My mom and I will be arriving at Beach Club CL this coming Tuesday the 16th-23rd for our girls trip.

:welcome:

I'll add your trip to the Be Our Guest list we keep on Page 1, Post 15.

Enjoy your trip.

:cool1:

I am loving all of the great info here. We are booked for 3/25-3/30 in a BCV Studio. After a full family trip in 2017, the boys decided they were done with Disney for a while so this is a girls only trip with my SIL and my daughter for her 10th birthday. We have previously stayed at POR, POFQ, and WL and are looking forward to something new.

:welcome: to the thread!

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

:cheer2:

I think #2 is really our primary topic of concern... I know that there are a ton of places dotted around Crescent Lake where QS can be had, from the pizza window on the Boardwalk, to the BC Marketplace, to Hurricane Hanna’s, to (of course) the many and various Epcot QS options. However, it seems that most require one to go outside, and travel a decent distance (again, this is coming from someone who is accustomed to WL where the Roaring Fork is just an elevator ride away). And because of the “little bit here, little bit there” nature of it all, I can easily envision having to make three different stops for three different people... drag. I’m honestly surprised that YC/BC would be designed with such a glaring omission.

Thoughts/insights?

On the dog policy, I wouldn't be concerned. We've stayed at YC a few times since the policy went into effect and, while we noticed dogs around the resort, they were leashed and taken care of. I never heard so much as a wimper (let alone a loud bark). I like dogs, just don't want to take care of one.
The QS at YC is pretty good, I think. I don't drink soda, but they have a Coke Freestyle machine, plenty of sandwiches and salads, and other snacks. If you don't see anything to your liking at the YC market, it's not a long walk to the BC where there are more choices. I think YC improved the QS offerings at the market. They won't have as much variety as the WL QS (and no fries), but I wouldn't let that dissuade you from giving YC a try.

I completely forgot that I needed to book DME until this morning-I have that all booked now, so easy to do online-phew! What stop is YC usually on DME?

I also already have our MBs, I got lucky and was able to upgrade a couple of weeks ago. I got the white Castle band for myself and DS's GF, DH has Darth Vader. They didn't have the Stitch I wanted for my DS, but I got something maybe better-Sorcerer Mickey! Our first trip he was 6 and once we saw Fantasmic! he fell in love with Sorcerer Mickey. The following year we went for MNSSHP and he had to have that as a costume-we got the sorcerer hat with the ears, a red wizard robe-he was just adorable. He's 24 now and we are taking him and his GF to MNSSHP-she is going to wear a Minnie dress and he wants to redo his costume from all those years ago-I can't wait to see it!

Sorry for the tangent, as the days roll by and it gets closer I just get more and more excited!

I've been watching videos of SAB, I am not a swimmer and some of that really looks intimidating to me. DH says he'll get me a pail and shovel and I can play in the kiddie section :o.

As others said, YC is usually last for DME, but we typically will just get off at the first Epcot area hotel and walk to our hotel from there. You do not have to get off at the YC.

As others said, YC is usually last for DME, but we typically will just get off at the first Epcot area hotel and walk to our hotel from there. You do not have to get off at the YC.

That would work if you didn't stow bags under the bus. Otherwise, I guess you could ask the driver what route s/he'll take before you board to have your bags in that area.

So, is it worth it to stop at BWI and walk over? We are on a tight window and only have a backpack each...every minute counts for us bc they changed our flights

Yes if your DME bus stops at BWI before YC & BC get off there and walk to Epcot via the boardwalk path. It will save you some valuable time. It is very quick to get the the boardwalk area for the BWI Portico where the DME bus stops at the BW.

You can skip the lobby of the BW and just take the stairs outside on the right of the lobby doors to go down directly to the boardwalk, turn right when you reach the boardwalk and walk along the building, past ESPN Zone and follow the path to the International Gateway at Epcot.

Dave

So, is it worth it to stop at BWI and walk over? We are on a tight window and only have a backpack each...every minute counts for us bc they changed our flights
We used to get off at BW when going to the BC just because we wanted to get off the bus and had enough sitting after flights/bus. We walk at a good clip and our experience [for the BC] is that we would usually be walking in the back door as the bus was pulling in the front. So for the BC it's a draw, but a nice walk and a "fun" challenge. You will definitely beat the bus to the YC [assuming a BC stop] if you decide to walk, but in reality will only gain 5 or 10 minutes. So, you should factor in weather. If it's hot or raining, stay on the bus.
If the weather is favorable let you adventure begin!

I don't think that it would be worth it to get off at the BWI to walk to YC. And it can be very hot outside, too. It is longer than you think to walk through the BWI and around the lake to the YC. :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter