Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Hello again...for those of you who do this more than me, how do you think ROR will affect my trip 12/1-12/6? I don’t plan to go to HS at all. 😬

Hello again...for those of you who do this more than me, how do you think ROR will affect my trip 12/1-12/6? I don’t plan to go to HS at all. 😬
You will be fine.
I don’t think that RoR will affect the crowds at other parks. MK is always crowded, especially when it is a night without a party. There has been the misconception that the first week of December is a slow week but that has not been our experience. :)

You will be fine.
I don’t think that RoR will affect the crowds at other parks. MK is always crowded, especially when it is a night without a party. There has been the misconception that the first week of December is a slow week but that has not been our experience. :)
Thank you for the hope! We are going to MK the two days parties are planned, with a plan to leave the park both days around 2pm for naps. I will just stay the course and hope for a good time.

I am loving all of the great info here. We are booked for 3/25-3/30 in a BCV Studio. After a full family trip in 2017, the boys decided they were done with Disney for a while so this is a girls only trip with my SIL and my daughter for her 10th birthday. We have previously stayed at POR, POFQ, and WL and are looking forward to something new.

We are currently booked in a deluxe room at BC for March 2020. We are REALLY hoping for a full sized balcony - what can we do to increase our chances? Are there other room types that would be more likely to have one?

Thank you for all the input on BC v WL.

I have had another look and can get a executive tower suite club level at the Grand Destino tower for slightly less than the BC cl.

hmmmmm......

In my opinion I'd stick with BC... there's nothing you can walk to from GDT and our whole impression of CBR was not great when we stayed there (I know it's not the same as the new deluxe resort) I'd need a lot of convincing and hearing of astounding stories of real life experience to getme to switch from BC to the new tower.

We just booked our first WDW vacation since 2015, and have realized that our family of 5 can no longer book YC CL. Our very favorite WDW memories are of staying at the CL there, and I'm sad that we won't get to enjoy it as a family any more. If the rooms have daybeds, I wonder why they made this change? Economics?

I realize that this is possibly the first-worldiest of first-world problems (after all, we're "settling" for the Poly), but I figure if anyone will commiserate, it'll be y'all on this thread.

We just booked our first WDW vacation since 2015, and have realized that our family of 5 can no longer book YC CL. Our very favorite WDW memories are of staying at the CL there, and I'm sad that we won't get to enjoy it as a family any more. If the rooms have daybeds, I wonder why they made this change? Economics?

I realize that this is possibly the first-worldiest of first-world problems (after all, we're "settling" for the Poly), but I figure if anyone will commiserate, it'll be y'all on this thread.
Are you sure?? That doesn’t make sense- we are a family of five and were booked in a water view (not CL) room with no problem. My guess is the volume of guests needing 5 in a room may be at its max- people cancel- worth a try to call directly?
I also just wanted to thank Dee? And everyone posting- we, too, were able to book our Magical Disney Express (MDE) with no problem! Our flight just got cancelled and they put us on a later flight- boo..it’s just 3 hours but all our fast passes were in those three hours. If we get to Beach Club at 2:15, is it even feasible to hit the 2:30 end window for Elsa in Norway? We are fast walkers and no checked bags..just a backpack we can leave at front desk if our room isn’t open.

Are you sure?? That doesn’t make sense- we are a family of five and were booked in a water view (not CL) room with no problem. My guess is the volume of guests needing 5 in a room may be at its max- people cancel- worth a try to call directly?
I also just wanted to thank Dee? And everyone posting- we, too, were able to book our Magical Disney Express (MDE) with no problem! Our flight just got cancelled and they put us on a later flight- boo..it’s just 3 hours but all our fast passes were in those three hours. If we get to Beach Club at 2:15, is it even feasible to hit the 2:30 end window for Elsa in Norway? We are fast walkers and no checked bags..just a backpack we can leave at front desk if our room isn’t open.
Yes, the change has happened only to the CL rooms at YC and BC. Maximum occupancy is now 4 guests.

There may be people ahead of you to leave bags at Bell Services (not front desk to drop off bags). There likely will be people ahead of you at epcot security. Norway is on the opposite side of epcot. Can you make it in 15 minutes? Maybe but I doubt it. I don’t know if there is a grace period after your fastpass window ends. I would change the fastpasses.

If we get to Beach Club at 2:15, is it even feasible to hit the 2:30 end window for Elsa in Norway? We are fast walkers and no checked bags..just a backpack we can leave at front desk if our room isn’t open.

We have tried to get into Epcot quickly for things, too, but Norway is about as far away from the International Gateway as you can get. It is almost a guarantee that you can't do it in 15 minutes. :(

I’m looking for recent experiences. Has anyone recently been allowed to take a camera down the Flying Jib? I’m hoping to be able to when we go next month, but I don’t want to drag my camera all the way down if they’re not going to allow it. Thanks!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter