Disney's YACHT & BEACH CLUB RESORTS Information & Questions

Are there any other pools in BC outside of SAB? (With different hours?) I can't remember.
YC/BC and BCV all have "quiet pools" with "posted" hours generally 7:00 AM - 11:00 PM. The BC quiet pool is on the Epcot side of the resort adjacent to the walkway that heads to IG. There is also a laundry room at this pool. The BCVs have the Dunes Cove Pool which is within the BCV complex. The YC quiet pool is on the far end of the YC [closest to The Dolphin] and near the tennis courts.

ETA: Each of these pools has their own hot tub as well, although the Dunes Cove hot tub seems to always have some type of issue......

Last edited:
What everyone said about hours ^^^

I haven't heard of Stormalong Bay opening any earlier than 9 am.

When I remember, I try to update the hours on Page 1, Post 2 so people can see the history of the open and close times of the feature pool:

January, February

2018:

October 9 am to 9 pm (maybe 10 pm earlier in the month and on weekends)
June, July, August, early Sept 9 am to 11 pm
April, May ??? closing at 10 pm, I believe
January, February, March 10 am to 8 pm

2017:
October: 9 am to 10 pm (some weekends), 9 am to 9 pm end of month
September:
August: 9 am to 10 pm
July
June
May
April, 9 am to 10 pm
March, 9 am to 10 pm
February, ???
January, 10 am to 8 pm

2016:
early Aug, 9 am to 10 pm
July, 9 am to 10 pm
June, 9 am to 10 pm
early March, 9 am to 10 pm
late February, 10 am to 8 pm
January 2016, ???

2015, 2014:
mid-Dec 2015, 9am to 10 pm
late August 2015, 9 am to 11 pm

Guests in November 2014 report SAB operating hours of 9 am to 10 pm.

Posted hours of the Quiet Pools are 7 am to 11 pm

:fish:

In September we had a king water view room at YC, and it was really spacious, with a sofa bed, the long wall of storage cabinets, and the sinks were in a separate area from the toilet and shower, with the sliding door to separate the sink area from the rest of the room as well as having a door to close off the toilet/shower area.

I'll second this. We stayed in an updated king room at YC in August for our Honeymoon, and I saw no difference between it from other YC rooms, other than that there was one bed instead of 2. We loved the storage, and the fact that you can close off the bathroom completely. One complaint I had about the renovated BC rooms is that there is a nightlight in the bathroom area that you can't turn off. YC rooms have this too, but because of the sliding door you can block it. I need complete darkness to sleep and that little light at BC drove me crazy. This summer, I'm likely going to bring a roll of black duct tape with me to block it off!

I'll second this. We stayed in an updated king room at YC in August for our Honeymoon, and I saw no difference between it from other YC rooms, other than that there was one bed instead of 2. We loved the storage, and the fact that you can close off the bathroom completely. One complaint I had about the renovated BC rooms is that there is a nightlight in the bathroom area that you can't turn off. YC rooms have this too, but because of the sliding door you can block it. I need complete darkness to sleep and that little light at BC drove me crazy. This summer, I'm likely going to bring a roll of black duct tape with me to block it off!
Yes pop has that light too! I always cover it with a towel

One more sleep! Excited for our first YC CL stay. We upgraded to the CL recently, but I received a call from "signature services" shortly after we upgraded. For the person who asked about room requests, I asked for my room request when I received that call. She said she would make a note of the request, but they couldn't guarantee anything. Standard response to requests, so I figure it's legit. This has been a hellish month at work, so I'm am super excited about our mini-vacation. I will try to keep up with this thread whilst we're gone (haven't done a very good job of that lately), so can try to address questions.

Even the "fancy" rooms get their dents and dings...

I was wondering when we were going to start seeing this with all of these wood/laminate floors. It really is a shame, but people and kids are rough on flooring. I'm not sure what the answer will be, because these floors could really start to look scratched and worn sooner rather than later.
The floors at the YC are actually vinyl. I am surprised that they haven't held up well. The room we had in November appeared to have a new floor, not a scratch or speck of dust on it. I also saw flooring boxes in the hall and they were working on other rooms. I don't know if all rooms are being replaced or just some. I haven't seen any other posts about this.

The floors at the YC are actually vinyl. I am surprised that they haven't held up well. The room we had in November appeared to have a new floor, not a scratch or speck of dust on it. I also saw flooring boxes in the hall and they were working on other rooms. I don't know if all rooms are being replaced or just some. I haven't seen any other posts about this.
We stayed in January and could see some scuffs on the floor. It looked like someone had drug a chair or luggage and scratched the floor. We noticed the same at pop last October

Hi all - is there ever any early morning yoga around the pool / in the gym? There was at SSR when we've stayed there the last couple of years and I quite like it on a non-park day.

Hi all,

Checking in to the BC in a water view room in a couple weeks and can't wait to be back at my favorite resort! :love:

Question: is there a recommended process around adding requests to a room reservation? I've called Disney three times now to input a request for a Crescent Lake view. I was told the second time I called (to confirm that the request was present) that the rep didn't see the request on the reservation. I input the request and just called again today to confirm that it was listed on the reservation (since I know room assignments happen soon) and the rep mentioned that, yet again, she did not see it listed. Have you all experienced this issue and/or should I be inputting these requests elsewhere? Not a huge deal whatever room we get assigned, of course, but just curious since it never seems that these requests actually make their way to the reservation record.

Thanks for your help!

Maria

Last edited:
Hi all - is there ever any early morning yoga around the pool / in the gym? There was at SSR when we've stayed there the last couple of years and I quite like it on a non-park day.
Yes. From the February Activity Calendar:
Sunrise Yoga
Unwind on the Beach Club Beach at 7:00am each Friday. Space is limited to the first 20 Guests to arrive. Feel free to grab a mat and join a session in progress!

Yes. From the February Activity Calendar:
Sunrise Yoga
Unwind on the Beach Club Beach at 7:00am each Friday. Space is limited to the first 20 Guests to arrive. Feel free to grab a mat and join a session in progress!
Fab!!! I am so excited about staying here!!!

Hi all,

Checking in to the BC in a water view room in a couple weeks and can't wait to be back at my favorite resort! :love:

Question: is there a recommended process around adding requests to a room reservation? I've called Disney three times now to input a request for a Crescent Lake view. I was told the second time I called (to confirm that the request was present) that the rep didn't see the request on the reservation. I input the request and just called again today to confirm that it was listed on the reservation (since I know room assignments happen soon) and the rep mentioned that, yet again, she did not see it listed. Have you all experienced this issue and/or should I be inputting these requests elsewhere? Not a huge deal whatever room we get assigned, of course, but just curious since it never seems that these requests actually make their way to the reservation record.

Thanks for your help!

Maria
I’ve always just called once and never called back so I’ve never had that issue.

Hi - 4 days until we check in to BCV! We are so excited.

I’m wondering if the walk to DHS is back to “normal”? I remember reading a few months ago that it was extra long due to construction. We really enjoyed walking to DHS last year but will take the boat if it’s worse than usual.

Hi - 4 days until we check in to BCV! We are so excited.

I’m wondering if the walk to DHS is back to “normal”? I remember reading a few months ago that it was extra long due to construction. We really enjoyed walking to DHS last year but will take the boat if it’s worse than usual.
Yes, it's back to normal. At least it was in January!

Is there a website that is BC-specific (or BC/YC-specific) with current information, recreational activities, etc. in one place? When we stayed at POFQ, there was a great website specific to that resort and I'm just wondering if there's a similar one for this resort? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter